Who are the Israelis?

Documentary Film Campaign: We Were Never Lost

Halleluyah!

"Sound the great Shofar for our liberty; raise a banner to gather our exiles, and bring us together from the four corners of the earth into our land. Blessed are You HaShem, who gathers the dispersed of His nation Israel. " - From the daily Amidah

The High Court rejected a petition to find a suitable day for the prayers of Jews on the Temple Mount

The High Court rejected the petition of a group of activists who demanded that the police be allowed to say one prayer on the Temple Mount.
3576615bc02cb4f221eb5aa31cf8eded.jpeg

The petitioners demanded that the High Court order the state to determine "a time and place where the petitioners can pray on the Temple Mount", after the petitions demanding prayer on certain days have long been rejected.

In their decision, the judges wrote that "despite the petitioners' pain and dissatisfaction with the situation in which the rights of those seeking to pray on the Temple Mount are violated, there is no escape from dismissing the petition."

"The claim that in other petitions that were decided, there was talk of prayer on the Temple Mount on special occasions, does not matter in this matter," the judges wrote. "Because in order to maintain public order and to allow Jews to ascend the Temple Mount, there is no reasonableness in the principled position that visitors should not be allowed to enter the Temple Mount and pray there whenever they wish."

According to the judges, "this is an issue that is at the core of the executive branch's discretion in matters of domestic, foreign and security policy, in which this court will rarely, if at all, intervene.

Temple Organization Headquarters: "Anachronistic and detached ruling"

The headquarters of the Temple organizations say that the new ruling of the High Court is puzzling, anachronistic, detached from the daily reality on the Temple Mount and even outrageous.

"For two years now, Jews have been praying on the Temple Mount every day. In private and in public and in the morning and midday prayers. Although still without external signs of prayer, but in standing prayer, Kaddish and holiness.

It is very sad that the High Court judges did not ascend the Temple Mount at least while hearing the matter, before issuing such a painful verdict under their hand.

Judges in Israel should have had the natural longings to ascend to the holy place in person, so they would have revolted spontaneously from the absurdities of the place, and would also have spared themselves and us anachronistic and delusional ruling that has long been irrelevant.

602d2dc66656916b.jpg

Last edited:
Prepare the heating: the snow in Jerusalem is early

The Jerusalem municipality is preparing for 10 centimeters of snow. Mayor Moshe Leon has announced that he will wait until the last minute to cancel his studies. Even in the Golan Heights, a decision has not yet been made on the issue โ€ข The Ministry of Education has announced that no open-air classes will be held tomorrow

imgid=47317_A.jpeg

Last edited:
President Rivlin Plows through the Snow to Visit IDFโ€™s Alpinist Unit on Mount Hermon

President Reuven Rivlin visited the Mount Hermon front on Wednesday and met with soldiers of the IDFโ€™s Alpinist unit, accompanied by their commander, Lt.-Col. (res.) Menachem Folk. The president was briefed by GOC Northern Command Maj.-Gen. Amir Baram on the unique sector and the operational challenges across the command.

The president plowed his way to the alpinistsโ€™ hut on a Snowcat, instead of his regular motorcade. โ€œWe Jerusalemites wait all year for white flakes. For us, snow is something out of the ordinary, an excuse to party. But for you, itโ€™s work,โ€ said the president.

The IDF Alpinist (Yehidat Haโ€™Alpinistim), established in 1983, is a special force infantry reserve unit under the command of the Armyโ€™s Northern Command, specializing in mountain warfare, snow warfare, and difficult terrain warfare on the northern front. The Alpinists are proficient in many aspects of snow warfare, among them shooting and attacking while sliding on skis and custom-made Snowcats, and defensive tactics in low-temperature conditions. The forceโ€™s standard equipment includes M4 Carbine assault rifles, the TAR-21 Tavor assault rifle, a Negev light machine gun, and M24 and SR-25 sniper rifles.

The President spoke to the unitโ€™s soldiers, saying, โ€œThe peaks of the Hermon are not snowy all year round, but the threats we face are a constant presence. We must be ready for any scenario and protect our borders whatever the weather. We cannot leave any point vulnerable, in any circumstance. During our history, we have been surprised more than once. The right way to do things is to be ready for anything, not to say โ€˜itโ€™ll be OKโ€™, but to predict any surprise and to make sure Israelis are safe. You, โ€˜the Mountain Patrolโ€™, an elite reserve unit, are responsible for a sensitive point, the triple border with Lebanon and Syria. You ensure the security of the Hermon when it is covered in snow.โ€

President-Rivlin-speaking-to-to-the-Alpinist-unit-Feb.-10-2021.-b.jpg

Israeli team heads to Russia to bring back Israeli woman
An Israeli negotiating team departed for Russia Thursday night, and is expected to bring back an Israeli woman who was taken captive by Syria recently.

948937.jpg

The team, led by chief negotiator Yaron Bloom, left for Russia Thursday night, after the Israeli military on Thursday handed over two Syrian shepherds to the Red Crescent at the Kuneitra crossing point on the Israel-Syrian frontier in the Golan Heights.

The two shepherds were taken into custody by Israeli security forces several weeks ago, after the shepherds illegally crossed the border into Israeli

The IDF returned the two shepherds to Syria Thursday as part of a deal aimed at securing the release of an Israeli national who strayed into Syria and was taken captive by the Syrian military.
The two shepherds were included in the deal in place of two jailed Syrians held by Israel, after they refused to return to Syria. Instead, Israel offered to return to Syria the two shepherds, with Syria ultimately agreeing to the arrangement.

Earlier on Thursday, it was reported that a major breakthrough had been achieved in talks between Israel and Syria for the Israeli womanโ€™s return.

The captive set to be returned to Israel from Syria via Russia has been identified as a 22-year-old former haredi woman from the city of Modiโ€™in Illit, who accidently crossed the frontier from Israel into Syria in the Golan Heights recently.

On Wednesday, it was reported that the deal was being held up by the two Syrian prisoners, who were said to be refusing to return to Syria.

The two Syrian prisoners originally included in the deal are Nihal al-Maqt and Dhiab Qahmuz. Al-Maqt was convicted of incitement in 2017. She told Syrian Al-Ikhbariya TV that she has been released from house arrest and that she is "now free in my homeland.โ€

Al-Maqt said that soldiers came to her house to inform her of the negotiations between Jerusalem and Damascus to secure her release and told her that she would be freed from house arrest if she relocated to Syria. However, she asked to be allowed to remain in the Golan Heights, a request which she says was granted.

P.S.:
"Blessed are You HaShem, our G-d the King of the world, who releases the bound"
Thanks to all who have been praying with us at critical moments.

Last edited:
Heartwarming: In Israel, Muslim nurse says last prayer with Jewish patient

Maheer Ibrahim, Muslim nurse at a hospital in northern Israel, saw that his patient's family was stuck in a snowstorm - and said the 'Shema Yisrael' prayer with him. 'This was what needed to be done for him.'

855156.jpg

A religious Jew hospitalized with coronavirus at Ha'emek Medical Center in northern Israel said his final prayers with the help of a Muslim nurse by his side.

The patient had been waiting for his family to arrive at his side, but because of the snowstorm, his family was trapped in traffic jams.

Maheer Ibrahim, the head nurse in Ha'emek's coronavirus ward, decided to take the initiative and read the "Shema Yisrael" prayer together with the patient, helping him through his last moments.

In a conversation with 103 FM Radio, Ibrahim noted, "It may sound touching, but I thought that this was what needed to be done for him."

"His family was making the long journey from the Netanya area to Afula, and the entire time we were praying that they would manage to make it and be with him in his final moments. Unfortunately, death came before they did, because they were trapped in traffic jams.

"In my experience, in my work in the hospital, I've been witness to a lot of situations in which people are about to die, from all religions. And I know that for many people that last prayer, at least, is really important to them," he said, noting that he took two courses on Judaism when studying for his M.A. in Ben Gurion University.

"I stood beside his head and I said Shema Yisrael with him, and when his daughter came - when she came it was already very late, and he had already died. When the doctors told her that he had died, I felt like she felt something was missing, and I had to tell her. So I told her, 'Listen, I don't know if it was accepted or not, because I'm a Muslim and he's a Jew, but I want to tell you that I said this, and maybe it'll do good for you. So you should know that these are the last words that he heard - if he heard at all, I don't know - and these are the words I said to him."

He added: "His daughter called me the day after his death and said that my act was the only thing that gave her comfort."

"It warmed my heard to know that it did good for her," he concluded, noting that he had seen tears in her eyes after he told her of the event. "We need to be there as people, before we're there as healthcare providers."

The mystery of the Hebrew identity -
What can the Mishkan teach us about the ways
Divine revelation is channeled into our world?

731179.jpg

Why was Israel instructed to place graven images of Kruvim
atop the Ark of the Covenant in the Holy of Holies?

How did Moshe and Aharon differ
in their understandings of the Mishkan's purpose?

Rabbi Yehuda Hakohen with all the answers.

Last edited:
Israel National Torah - It Time To Rebuild The Temple?

Weekly Torah portion - 'Terumah'

Baruch Gordon explains the order in which Redemption must take place,
and how we will know when the time has come to rebuild the Temple.

SHABBAT SHALOM - PARASHA TERUMAH

The Torah devotes one chapter to its account of the creation of the universe, three chapters to its description of the revelation at Mount Sinai, and in contrast, no less than thirteen chapters are devoted to the making of the Mishkan.
Clearly the detail of building the Mishkan (or Tabernacle, the temporary structure to be superseded by the Temple in Jerusalem) is very important. The description of the design, materials and construction begins in this week's Torah reading.
While the detail is full of symbolisms and lessons, this theme is critical:
Shemot (Exodus) 25:8
And they shall make Me a sanctuary and I will dwell in their midst ื•ึฐืขึธึฅืฉื‚ื•ึผ ืœึดึ–ื™ ืžึดืงึฐื“ึธึผึ‘ืฉื ื•ึฐืฉึธึฝืื›ึทื ึฐืชึดึผึ–ื™ ื‘ึฐึผืชื•ึนื›ึธึฝื
Note the grammar of what God tells Moses: God is not saying he will dwell in "it" the sanctuary, but that he will dwell amongst the Jewish people who make it.
Our sages teach this is a pointer to the Jewish mission. By doing the Mitzvot we must create a sort of a mini sanctuary for God in our homes, our places of work, our communities and even ourselves.
Below are interpretive pics of the temporary Mishkan and the Temple. May we merit soon the building of the third and eternal Temple on its proper place in Jerusalem.
Shabbat shalom to our members, supporters, readers and the entire community.

Australian Jewish Society.

190AA6FA-7F02-4187-B3A4-0DA5047DCD23.jpeg
1E025CE9-8B47-4AD5-9225-18B913A732F2.jpeg

Rethinking The Future - Israel's Emerging Cultural Revolution
'The Great Debate' with Rabbi Yehuda HaKohen and Rabbi Yishai Fleisher

One of the most interesting discussions in the series.
Btw, anyone notice Adar renamed the channel? :disbelief:

Last edited:
Rethinking The Future - Israel's Emerging Cultural Revolution
Gadi Taub with Yoram Hazony discuss his book 'The Virtue of Nationalism'

Gadi Taub is quickly becoming a very influential commentator, bringing real quality to public discourse, emerging as one of the new leading alternative voices in Israel.

Especially since his new series 'Shomer Saf' ('Gatekeeper'), where he discusses most controversial topics of the day, economics, political philosophy,
hosting intellectuals from Israel and around the world.

Last edited:
Iranian judoka wins silver medal at Tel Aviv Grand Slam
Saeid Mollaei fled his country after ignoring orders to drop out of a match to avoid facing an Israeli.

1002477.jpg

Iranian judoka Saeid Mollaei, who fled his country after ignoring orders to drop out of a match to avoid facing an Israeli, on Friday won a silver medal at the Tel Aviv Grand Slam after losing to his competitor in the final round.

Mollaei arrived in Israel on Sunday night for the tournament, in which he represented Mongolia. Mollaei made headlines after he ignored Iranian officialsโ€™ demands to withdraw from the World Judo Championships in order to avoid competing against an Israeli.

After losing in the semifinals of the competition โ€“ a result he says was affected by the emotional stress caused by the Iran officials request โ€“ he travelled to Germany to begin the process of applying for asylum.

He was recognized as a refugee in Germany in November of 2019.
His change of nationality to Mongolia from refugee status was approved by the International Olympic Committee in March of 2020.

Mollaei beat competitors from Azerbaijan and Italy to advance to the Grand Slam finals, but lost to Uzebkistan's Sharofiddin Boltaboev, who snatched the gold medal at the menโ€™s under 81 kg category, according to Haaretz.

Audience members at the contest cheered and applauded after Mollaei's wins, and he received warm support from Israeli fans and officials, including president of Israel Judo Association, Moshe Ponte.

In response to Iranโ€™s boycott of Israeli athletes, the International Judo Federation (IJF) banned Iran from all international competitions, saying the ban will be in effect โ€œuntil the Iran Judo Federation gives strong guarantees and prove that they will respect the IJF Statutes and accept that their athletes fight against Israeli athletesโ€.

Iran's judo federation blasted the ban, saying it was based on "false claims". Iran does not recognize Israel and its athletes usually refrain from facing Israeli opponents. Iran had forced Mollaei to throw a match even though the IJF and Iran reached an agreement which stipulates that Iran will no longer boycott competitions against Israelis.

Arrow 4 program begins, boosting Israel's missile defense system
The Israel Missile Defense Organization and the US Missile Defense Agency begin development of Arrow-4 missile system.

1002252.jpg

The Israel Missile Defense Organization (IMDO), in the Directorate of Defense R&D (MAFAT) of the Israel Ministry of Defense, and the U.S. Missile Defense Agency (MDA), have commenced the development of the Arrow-4 system. Arrow-4 will be the next generation of endo-exoatmospheric interceptors in the Arrow weapon system, which today consists of Arrow-2 and Arrow-3 interceptors.

Arrow-4 will be an advanced, innovative interceptor missile with enhanced capabilities. It will address a wide range of evolving threats in the region and will replace the Arrow-2 interceptors over the next decades. Its development is led by the IMDO and the U.S. MDA, with IAI as the prime contractor for the development and production of the system and its interceptors.

MDA Director, Vice Adm. John Hill: โ€œArrow-4 is a cooperative program between the MDA and IMDO that illustrates U.S. commitment to assisting the government of Israel in upgrading its national missile defense capability to defend the State of Israel from emerging threats.โ€

Full article:

Equatorial Guinea's embassy moving to Jerusalem
Netanyahu "welcomes the trend in which countries are transferring their embassies to Jerusalem"

834187.jpg

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu spoke today by telephone with Equatorial Guinea President Teodoro Mbasogo, who informed him that he would transfer Equatorial Guinea's embassy to Jerusalem.

The Prime Minister's office says that Netanyahu has "welcomed the trend in which countries are transferring their embassies to Jerusalem".

PM Netanyahu noted that Israel is continuing to deepen its cooperation with African countries - Israel is returning to Africa and Africa is returning to Israel in a big way.

Equatorial Guinea President Mbasogo responded that all of Africa is welcoming Israel with open arms.

Forum List

Back