Who are the Israelis?

JNS.org – The all-female tank crews that the Israel Defense Forces will create this coming year will have the mission of defending the Egyptian and Jordanian border against intrusion by terror squads.

The creation of the border-defense tank units announced last month also seems to reflect the IDF’s need to allocate additional numbers of male tank personnel to units that will have a very different task: crossing into enemy territory in the event of a land war.

IDF’s Pioneering All-Women Tank Crews to Provide Protection of Israel’s South

Only 88 cm left for the Sea of Galilee to be full
Since the beginning of the winter, the level has risen by more than two meters. • As a result there is a possibility that the Degania dam will open - for the first time in 25 years

The Sea of Galilee rose 5 cm last weekend and is currently measuring -209.68 meters, according to the Water Authority. A wider look brings up amazing data.

Since the beginning of winter in November, it is an elevation of 2,105 meters to the Sea of Galilee.
As of today morning, till full capacity now it's only missing only 88 cm.

15830849571084_b.jpg

As a result, the Water Authority is preparing for the possibility of opening the Degania dam. As early as three weeks ago, the authority has set a level of elevation points where the dam will be opened. The critical points were defined according to time points during the remaining winter months until the end of April, and taking into account the level expected at these times.

For example, one landmark would be if on March 21, the Sea of Galilee's forecast for the next five days would pass the -209.0 meter level, which is 20 inches below the upper red line.

The decision was made with the understanding that the dam cannot be opened until the condition, where the Sea of Galilee reaches the upper red line, which is - 208.8 meters. This is because the rate of rise in the level may be significantly faster than the ability to release water from the Sea of Galilee through the Degania Dam. As mentioned, the level of the Sea of Galilee was -209,995 meters this morning.

e969bae3dd0df037f3cc09721a99b0c27be55171a59e846cf2a0cdd30b77f24a.jpg

Degania dam, located in the southern part of the Sea of Galilee, regulates its flow of water south of the Jordan River and further down the Dead Sea. In a particularly rainy year, when the Sea of Galilee is rising and approaching the upper red line, the water authority must decide whether to approve the opening of the dam to prevent flooding in communities located on the shores.

Israel Hayom

Amazing! Banias Waterfall in a spectacular view
of powerful flow this morning

The Banyas river is located at the foot of Mount Hermon, north of the Golan Heights. The spring is the source of the Banias River, one of the main tributaries of the Jordan River.

The Revivo Project - Nagilah Haleluyah

Let's rejoice Halleluyah, let's rejoice
Let's rejoice Halleluyah, let's rejoice
The time has come, the time has come, of the redemption
The time has come, the time has come, of the redemption

אל שדי my G-d my G-d, return the remains of my fellows
And expel my open haters, and expel my declared enemies, my soul can't stand them no more
The time has come, the time has come, of the redemption...

Oh diamond, diamond diamond,
Our nice land, our ancient land
My G-d dwelling heavens
Build Your House in Your Greatness
When will You come to You will I sacrifice
The sacrifice of the First Donation

Oh diamond, diamond diamond,
Our nice land, our ancient land
Only One, and there's no second to You,
Raise and guard me
Graze me through green pastures
Knowing the hidden
Our nice land, our ancient land...

I thank You for answering me
And You've been my redemption
That is the day of doing of my Lord
Let's rejoice and be happy within Him

Here's how well, and how favorable
A tribe of brothers, all together, together, together

Last edited:
Lustick begins his argument by suggesting that a “two-state solution” or “one-state solution” are mistaken and obfuscating terms. Instead of “two-state solution,” he wants us to understand the “two-state paradigm.” And instead of “one-state solution,” he suggests the “one-state reality.” There is no one-state solution; but there is, from the river to the sea, one state. And that state is called Israel.

By “paradigm,” Lustick means “an array of concepts, assumptions, agendas, questions, commitments, and beliefs associated with a partitionist approach to the ‘problem of Palestine.’” Paradigms in politics, like in science, “are shared beliefs strong enough to guide thinking about difficult problems for long periods of time.” But no paradigm, analytic or scientific, lasts forever, and problems arise when one remains wedded to a paradigm that has become obsolete, like continuing to believe the flat-earth paradigm after Pythagoras or the ancient notions of gravity after the advent of Newtonian physics. In such cases, continuing to think in obsolete paradigms is not only unhelpful, but also becomes counterproductive. When, how, and why paradigms fail or become obsolete are important questions for hard scientists, social scientists, and even theologians (see, for example, Zalman Schachter-Shalomi’s 1991 book Paradigm Shift). Unmasking their failure is also a crucial part of keeping a community connected to the challenges they face in order to productively consider the best options to seemingly intractable problems.

Let’s Stop Lying About the Two-State Solution

Sruli & Netanel \\ Tefillin (Official Music Video)

"Don't say we've already put it on,
Don't forget where we came from,
It's a connection of ages..."

This week's Torah portion...

PARASHAT TETZAVEH - DRESSED FOR THE OCCASION OF JEWISH LEADERSHIP

This is the week of the Kohanim - the priests who dedicated their lives to the service in the Temple. For the first time in the Torah since his birth, Moses’ name is not mentioned even once, other than the first-person narrative of the book of Deuteronomy. Aaron, the newly appointed High Priest, is referenced more than 30 times. Does this indicate a shift in the paradigm of leadership? What is the implication of these priests on the whole of the Jewish people - both then, and now? And what is the meaning of the very detailed description of the priestly garments while serving in the sanctuary?

Read full article: Israel Forever

This is the week of the Kohanim - the priests who dedicated their lives to the service in the Temple. For the first time in the Torah since his birth, Moses’ name is not mentioned even once, other than the first-person narrative of the book of Deuteronomy. Aaron, the newly appointed High Priest, is referenced more than 30 times. Does this indicate a shift in the paradigm of leadership? What is the implication of these priests on the whole of the Jewish people - both then, and now? And what is the meaning of the very detailed description of the priestly garments while serving in the sanctuary?

Rylah, I'm doing an online Talmud course. Just finished the prayers/blessings on the variations of food in a meal.

:coffee:

kohen-clothes-Parshat-Tetzaveh.jpg

This week's Torah portion... well... just READ it.

Last edited:

Rylah, I'm doing an online Talmud course. Just finished the prayers/blessings on the variations of food in a meal.

Probably the most warm and moving thing I've heard all day.
Neshamah, sincerely thanks for sharing :)

Bat Melech, Shabat Shalom.

Probably the most warm and moving thing I've heard all day.
Neshamah, sincerely thanks for sharing :)

Bat Melech, Shabat Shalom.

:)

This week's Torah portion -

“Parsha Tetzaveh: True Leadership” with Rabbi Liady

True leaders? Why wasn't Mosheh's (Moses) A"H name even mentioned?

THIS SHABBAT - Parashat ZACHOR, a Torah Obligation

Is this Shabbat like the rest? Why should we be extra careful about this one?

Zachor: The assault of Amalek
Torah from Israel's first Chief Rabbi Avraham Yitzhak Kook ztz"l

Amalek attacked the Israelites at Rephidim, intentionally targeting the weak and those lagging behind. Joshua engaged Amalek in battle, successfully defending Israel against this merciless enemy. Then God instructed Moses:

“Write this as a reminder in the book, and recite it in Joshua’s ears: I will completely obliterate the memory of Amalek from under the heavens.” (Exod. 17:14)
Why did God command Moses to write down His promise to obliterate Amalek in the Torah? And why did Joshua need to be told verbally? Couldn’t Joshua just read what was written in the Torah?

Two Missions
The people of Israel have two national missions. At Mount Sinai, God informed them that they would be a mamlechet kohanim (“kingdom of priests”) as well as a goy kadosh (“holy nation”) (Exod. 19:6). What is the difference between these two goals?

Mamlechet kohanim refers to the aspiration to uplift the entire world, so that all will recognize God. The people of Israel will fulfill this mission when they function as kohanim for the world, teaching them God’s ways.

But the Jewish people are not just a tool to elevate the rest of the world. They have their own intrinsic value, and they need to perfect themselves on their own special level. The central mission of Israel is to fulfill its spiritual potential and become a goy kadosh. If Israel’s sole function was to uplift the rest of the world, they would not have been commanded with mitzvot that isolate them from the other nations, such as the laws of kashrut and circumcision.

Two Torahs
God divided the Torah, our guide to fulfill our spiritual missions, into two components: the Written Law and the Oral Law. The written Torah was revealed to the entire world; all nations can access these teachings. God commanded that the Torah be written “in a clear script” (Deut. 27:8) - in seventy languages, so that it would be accessible to all peoples (Sotah 7:5). The Written Torah was meant to enlighten the entire world.

The Oral Law, on the other hand, belongs solely to the Jewish people. Since this part of Torah was not meant to be committed to writing, it is of a more concealed and less universal nature. In truth, the Oral Law is simply the received explanation of the Written Law, transmitted over the generations. Thus even the Written Torah is only fully accessible to Israel through the Oral Torah. But the other nations nevertheless merit a limited understanding of the Written Torah.

God’s Name and Throne

Amalek rejected both missions of Israel. Amalek cannot accept Israel as a mamlechet kohanim instructing the world, nor as a goy kadosh, separate from the other nations with its own unique spiritual aspirations. God promised to “completely obliterate” ("macho emcheh") Amalek. In Hebrew, the verb is repeated, indicating that God will blot out both aspects of Amalek’s rejection of Israel.

Why did God command that His promise to destroy Amalek be written down and also transmitted orally? Since Amalek rejects Israel’s mission to elevate humanity, God commanded that His promise to obliterate Amalek be recorded in the Written Torah. The Written Law is, after all, the primary source of Israel’s moral influence on the world. And since Amalek also denies Israel’s unique spiritual heritage, God commanded that this promise be transmitted verbally, corresponding to the Oral Law, the exclusive Torah of Israel.

When Amalek has been utterly destroyed, the Jewish nation will be able to fulfill both of its missions. This is the significance of the statement of the Sages:

“God vowed that His Name and His Throne are not complete until Amalek’s name will be totally obliterated.” (Tanchuma Ki Teitzei 11; Rashi on Exod. 17:16)
What are “God’s Name” and “God’s Throne”? They are metaphors for Israel’s two missions: spreading knowledge of God - His Name - and creating a special dwelling place for God’s Presence in the world - His Throne. Amalek and its obstructionist worldview must be eradicated before these two goals can be accomplished.

jk6aeN-gHpQW4KrCYfrKIgeM7V6Cia0GACfDXHvS7aOT2XhFXLhIfr1FNs2TOsrZQA06kF4=s0-d-e1-ft

Arutz Shev'a

"And the plague stopped" : 'The First to Zion' Rabbi Yitshak Yosef compiled a special prayer to stop the Corona virus

Prayer for stopping the last plague 'Corona', HaShem will guard and rescue
To be said at opening of the Torah ark on Shabbat, and on 2nd & 5th week's days

"May there be will before You HaShem our G-d and G-d of our ancestors, that You're filled in Mercy on all inhabitants on earth, and on the inhabitants of this land, and protect us from all hard and bad decrees that are raging and coming to the world, and save us from every affliction, plague, disease and illness.
And all the sick infected with disease heal them a complete healing. To You HaShem the Greatness and the Might and the Splendor and the Eternity and the Gory, for everything in heavens and on earth to You HaShem the Kingdom and the raising to every head, and You in Your hand every living soul and spirit of every human flesh, and in Your hand the power and the might to bring up and strengthen and entirely heal human, up to depression of soul, and nothing is hidden from You.

Therefore, may there be will before You the loyal G-d Father of Mercy, healer of every illness of
His nation Yisrael, You are a loyal healer, send healing and remedy and raise with most Kindness and Mercy and Forgiveness to all the sick infected with this disease, please HaShem therefore sigh Your Mercy on all inhabitants of the world, and all Your nation Yisrael, stand please from the throne of Judgement and sit on the throne of Mercy, and enter beyond the letter of the law, and cancel above us all hard and bad decrees,
"And Pinhas stood and prayed and the plague stopped", and decree on us good decrees redemptions and pardons for the sake of Your Mercy, and tear the harshness of our Judgement decree, and may our virtues be read before You, raise help us and redeem us for Your Kindness.

Hear please to the voice of our plea, for You hear each mouths' prayer, blessed (source of all blessings) hearing of prayer. May the sayings of my mouth and the expression of my heart be desired before You HaShem my Rock and my Redeemer. And may the verse be carried out in us: "All the illness that I have put upon Egypt I will not put upon You, for I am HaShem Your healer", amen.

WhatsApp-Image-2020-03-05-at-12.26.05.jpeg

SHARE IN YOUR COMMUNITY!

Last edited:
A Special Purim Message From Jerusalem

(Comment)
"V'Nahafochu ..." is the special power, potential of the month of Adar,
when in spite of everything, it turns around for the best. The ability to face what seems to be the verge of devastation with unshakable faith in HaShem, and eventually pass forth that stubborn hope, optimism and happiness through a long thread of generations up to today and to come.

Connect to that thread, don't let anything let You down, or lose hope, no matter what.
This is the month of Purim, the month of Adar, and Israel and the world as a whole,
we certainly in need of a 'V'Nahafochu',

'Am Yisrael Hai!

Last edited:
Yoav Yitzhak - Shm'a Bkoli (Listen To Me)

"...And even if it doesn't seem
I will always want the best for You
Even when I'm silent I won't run away
Only from afar will watch and guard You

Listen to Me
Not everything You know
Listen to Me
Because eventually You decide
Spare the suffering remove the pain
For only You My heart loves..."

Meet the Exceptional Women who Made the Talmud Possible

Brief overview of some of the ways in which outstanding women have contributed to the study of Talmud: as supporters, as enablers, and as teachers.

The Women of Zionism

The study of history almost always focuses on men. We all know that. That’s why this week we’re redressing the gender balance and unpacking ten awesome women of Zionism who have made - and who continue to make - an incredible impact on the State of Israel.

You’ve probably heard of some of these women, but others - and their achievements - have been relegated to the footnotes of history.

Which is crazy because starting from when the State of Israel was nothing more than a dream and a prayer, and Zionism was still just an idealistic phrase, women have played a tremendous part in shaping everything from language and medicine to literature and politics.

That’s why we’re super excited to make sure people know why Hemda Ben-Yehuda deserves just as much credit as her husband Eliezer for reviving the Hebrew language, why Rachel Yanait Ben-Zvi wasn’t just the wife of the second president of Israel, and how Ruth Calderon is affecting change in the very fabric of Israeli society.

Our list of these top 10 women is not exhaustive. In fact, it barely scratches the surface.

Who are the Israelis?

1. I feel that they are people who want to have a safe place to live.

a. For thousands of years, they have been persecuted and slaughtered. They just ask to be let alone in that tiny strip of land called "Israel."

2. I feel that they have a right to consider Israel as a Jewish nation. If they permitted wide immigration, the country would eventually no longer be majority Jewish. That does not make sense to me.

3. Finally, they are people who yearn to be genuine friends with their neighbors and to help them develop their economies. (I have heard that some Arab countries secretly cooperate with Israel on certain matters anyway.)

4. I hope that the younger generation of people in the Middle East become friends and partners with the Israelis.

Women Of Samaria - Modah Ani (I Thank)

I thank every morning that You have returned my soul
I thank for the cloths that You put on my body
So I would not be cold

I thank every morning for the light, for my being
I thank for the bread that You put to my table
So I would not be hungry and not know pain

I thank for my innumerable smiles
For all my talents and all my poems I'll dedicate them all to You
You should know that I thank You

I will shout to You great is Your Name
To You I call Yah!
To You my life to You my heart and my thanks
To You I call Yah!

I thank every morning for my strength
For my father and my mother
I thank You for the rain You've given in my fields
To care for my loved You have given me my life

For the day of rest I thank You
For the abundance and blessing
For the family all of it is only thanks to You
You should know that I thank You

"Come, let us sing praises to Lord; let us shout to the rock of our salvation
Let us greet His presence with thanksgiving; let us shout to Him with songs." (Psalm 95)

For all my failures and disappointments I thank
My fears and obstacles they are all in my favor
There is no other in my heart I thank only You

Forum List

Back