Who are the Israelis?

BS"D
Netanyahu: "We should pray to G-d to stop the plague"

On Friday, during an interview with Dana Weiss on Channel 12, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said that at a time such as this everyone should pray to God to end the pandemic.

Weiss responded by saying that perhaps people should elsewhere, the Weizmann Institute of Science for answers,. Netanyahu argued these things are not in opposition.

Later Weiss apologized via social media...

From the interview -

Dana Weiss: "The situation is developing into a very long event, very meaningful that changes the order of life. What can You say to the citizens? How far is the govt going to reach into the pockets of the citizens?

PM Netanyahu: " First of all, with the help of G-d I hope, we need to pray to the Creator of the world"

Dana Weiss: "In the meantime the Weizman Institute is more... the answer is in the Weizman Institute"

PM Netanyahu: "Both this and that. But You know, in the Weizman Institute too they pray to G-d. Everyone is praying"

Dana Weiss: "You know when they ask me where is the Holy Temple of Zionism,
I always answer- in the Weizman Institute."

PM Netanyahu: " Yes? Well, I don't know about that... I'll tell You one thing, and I'm saying it straightforward - no one knows, really no one knows."

Last edited:
Osher Cohen - Hareyni Mekasher ( Therefor I Connect)

Today therefore I connect myself to thank
In all ways at least
Today therefore I connect myself to admit
For all my transgressions

Because sometimes I forget the way
But my mouth will always tell Your glory
With all my soul I'll cry 'You are the King!'

Today therefore I connect myself
So I myself learn to forgive

"G-d King sitting on the throne of Mercy and acting in Kindness
Relinquishing misdemeanors of His nation and forgiving first first" - (13 Attributes of Mercy)

Today therefor I fix
Myself before You
With all my strengths I'll try
I'll try to guard my soul
And all Your commandments
I'll make the effort to fulfill
For in moments I lost the way a bit
You've returned faith into my heart
With all my soul I cried out to You King

Today therefore I connect myself - to You

Last edited:
Ra’anana High School Team Invents Simple,
Cheap Respirator, Soon to Be Mass Produced

Mentors in the robotics group Steampunk1577 from Avib High School in Ra’anana, Israel, have joined the Defense Ministry and the Administration for the Development of Weapons and Technological Infrastructure (MAFAT), which is relying on robotics teams around the country to create a new prototype for automated respirators.

The venture involves team mentors from the three groups that participate in the project: Aviv High School in Ra’anana, a group from Shoham, and a group from Binyamina.

Currently, the three groups have collaborated on a prototype that is already undergoing trials at Sourasky Medical Center (Ichilov) in Tel Aviv, one of Israel’s largest hospitals. The prototype is expected to go into mass production in the coming weeks, and two new prototypes are on the way.

All robotics venture participants are team mentors who regularly work with the students as volunteers, and their participation in the project is voluntary as well.

Full article:

CWy9Y8UUEAEpCyD.jpg

In shadow of Coronavirus, 2,500 join NBN's “Virtual” Aliyah Event

On Sunday, March 15th, Nefesh B’Nefesh, in cooperation with Israel’s Ministry of Aliyah and Integration, The Jewish Agency for Israel, Keren Kayemeth LeIsrael (KKL) and the Jewish National Fund-USA held an online, ‘virtual’ version of its Mega Aliyah Event, for a record 2,500 participants.

The annual Mega Aliyah Event provides potential Olim with an all-encompassing slate of resources for retirees, young professionals, medical professionals, families and singles.
Due to the recent COVID-19 outbreak, the in-person event, which was scheduled to take place in New Jersey with 1,500 individuals in attendance from 15 states, could no longer take place.

Nefesh B’Nefesh took full advantage of the online technological resources available, in order to present an all-encompassing alternative to an in-person expo through a virtual Mega event which was held in real-time.

NBN-Karoly-Family-696x464.jpg

Read full story:

National emergency plan to rescue Israelis from abroad

Minister Israel Katz ordered his office management to prepare a "national emergency plan to rescue Israelis from abroad". As part of the plan, through the embassies and consulates around the world, the concentration of Israelis living abroad and interested in returning to Israel will be mapped. Commercial flights will be organized from the destinations set for Israel.

The Foreign Office situation room will work 24/7 and will open a hotline for registering return requests from Israelis abroad. In addition, the Israeli airlines El Al, Israir and Arkia will take part in the operation and send aircraft to destinations according to the data collected in the Foreign Ministry.

Katz added: "Due to the world-wide closures, we are in a national emergency when it comes to returning Israelis to Israel, and therefore a national emergency plan is required. The principle of mutual guarantee will continue to accompany us until the return of all Israelis to Israel, during this challenging emergency. "

Last edited:
'The Lord is Doing an Awakening': Jews To Return to Israel Centuries After Spanish Inquisition

Last edited:
Bar-Ilan to Test Autonomous Vehicle to Transport Coronavirus Patients

The Bar-Ilan University Smart Cities Center is set to begin experimenting with an autonomous minibus that can transport patients diagnosed with COVID-19 and medical equipment. The autonomous shuttle will be operated remotely, without a driver or operator, transporting patients for medical purposes while reducing direct contact between patients and hospital staff, and preventing infection of medical staff and drivers. The use of the autonomous vehicle to transfer medication, laundry and food to corona-isolated hospital facilities will also be assessed.

The experiment will be carried out by a team led by Prof. Eyal Yaniv, Director of the School of Business Administration and Director of the Smart Cities Center at Bar-Ilan University.

“We are proud to be at the forefront of research and technology in the field of autonomous travel and its adaptation to combat the coronavirus,” said University CEO Zohar Yinon.

Manufactured by NAVYA in France, the autonomous shuttle was recently imported to Israel and will be operated under a joint venture with an Israeli subsidiary of ST Engineering of Singapore and BWR Israel.

The testing will be conducted in coordination with the Ministry of Transportation. In the coming months, the shuttle is expected to be moved to the Bar-Ilan University campus for research purposes and to transport students around campus.

Bar-Ilan-autonomous-vehicle.jpg

After Recovering from Coronavirus, Father and Son Return to Work at MDA

A month after having contracted the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), a father and son have returned to work at the Magen David Adom (MDA) emergency medical service and have rejoined the fight against its spread.

Several weeks ago, Yoel Glat (45), a senior medic in MDA, began to feel unwell. He had not recently returned from abroad, did not encounter a verified Corona patient, and Yoel did not think for a moment he may have contracted the virus.
After an examination at a local clinic, he was referred to Beilinson Hospital, where he was diagnosed with the virus, patient number 29 in Israel. He was transferred to Sharon Hospital, where he was hospitalized for almost two weeks until his condition improved and he fully recovered.

Yoel’s wife and two of his children were also examined and found to be infected and were also admitted to the Sharon hospital.

One of Yoel’s sons, Menachem (20), patient number 48, also works at Magen David Adom as a paramedic on the 101 hotline.

After being released from the hospital on Wednesday, father and son again put on their white uniforms and rejoined their colleagues at MDA in the national combat against Coronavirus.

Yoel said that for him “it was very difficult to know that MDA teams were working around the clock in the fight against the virus, and my hands were completely tied. I don’t ever remember wanting to go back to work so much.”

“From the very first moment, I waited to be released from the hospital and return to MDA,” said Menachem. “I have always loved my job, but I never thought I would miss it until now.”

He said that after being a patient himself his “outlook is completely different.”

“When I help Corona patients or send tests to the homes of people in quarantine, I know what is going on and what is expected ahead for them,” he explained.

MDA teams have become a crucial pillar in Israel’s efforts to stem the spread of Corona in Israel. the organization is entrusted with testing patients at home and is operating the drive-through testing stations at several locations across the country.

Yoel-and-Menachem-Glatt.jpg

A month after having contracted the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), a father and son have returned to work at the Magen David Adom (MDA) emergency medical service and have rejoined the fight against its spread.

Several weeks ago, Yoel Glat (45), a senior medic in MDA, began to feel unwell. He had not recently returned from abroad, did not encounter a verified Corona patient, and Yoel did not think for a moment he may have contracted the virus.
After an examination at a local clinic, he was referred to Beilinson Hospital, where he was diagnosed with the virus, patient number 29 in Israel. He was transferred to Sharon Hospital, where he was hospitalized for almost two weeks until his condition improved and he fully recovered.

Yoel’s wife and two of his children were also examined and found to be infected and were also admitted to the Sharon hospital.

One of Yoel’s sons, Menachem (20), patient number 48, also works at Magen David Adom as a paramedic on the 101 hotline.

After being released from the hospital on Wednesday, father and son again put on their white uniforms and rejoined their colleagues at MDA in the national combat against Coronavirus.

Yoel said that for him “it was very difficult to know that MDA teams were working around the clock in the fight against the virus, and my hands were completely tied. I don’t ever remember wanting to go back to work so much.”

“From the very first moment, I waited to be released from the hospital and return to MDA,” said Menachem. “I have always loved my job, but I never thought I would miss it until now.”

He said that after being a patient himself his “outlook is completely different.”

“When I help Corona patients or send tests to the homes of people in quarantine, I know what is going on and what is expected ahead for them,” he explained.

MDA teams have become a crucial pillar in Israel’s efforts to stem the spread of Corona in Israel. the organization is entrusted with testing patients at home and is operating the drive-through testing stations at several locations across the country.

Question.

Are they now immune?

Question.

Are they now immune?

Don't know.
As far as I understand the're several strands around.
Also some found the treatment for Malaria to be effective.

Haredi Girl Cradles 9 Children Whose Parents Were Hospitalized with COVID-19

Tamar, 16, the daughter of Hatzalah deputy director-general Lazer Hyman, agreed to move into the home of the Bochris family in Tel Tsiyon, a Haredi neighborhood of Kochav Yaakov in Benjamin, to devote herself to caring for the family’s 9 children after both patterns had been hospitalized with the coronavirus.

The mother of the family gave birth only a few days ago, and the baby was separated from her immediately after the delivery. The eldest Bochris child, a girl, is 13.

Tamar did not know the children before the outbreak of the virus. She told News 13 how tough it had been to raise the children without parental authority.

The tearful mother was also interviewed, and related the enormous hardship involved in leaving her children alone, immediately after giving birth.

Tamar is planning to spend the seder night with the children.

Israeli Youth Step Up to the Coronavirus Challenge
One Israeli youth movement leader describes what his community is doing to help others during the coronavirus crisis.

At this time of the year, the spring is starting in the Land of Israel. We are being put to a personal test, each and every one of us in their own private circle and well as part of the public sector, and every one of us is asking themselves how we tackle this challenge at our door?

As the head of the Ariel Youth Movement of the Religious Zionist Movement, a community with 15,000 youths, children and their families, I choose to share with you my own personal challenge, and I hope that as community leaders we can possibly find healing and even benefit as an outcome of this crisis.

the Ariel Youth Movement chosen to meet this challenge?

First of all we created an internet website which describes the various activities we are engage in during normal times.

This website has been well-received by the parents as well as the student members, providing and proposing activities to be done at home. We prepared projects in which each child receives a mission to pass on to another member of their family. This instills the feeling of leadership in the youngster – transforming them from passivity, causing them to actively participate. This creates a virtual community.

Secondly, as a public service we established a fleet of cars with loudspeakers on their roofs. The cars travel throughout the country playing music, stopping in different neighborhoods, benefiting and uplifting the spirits not only of our members but those of all the neighbors as well. This way we are able to stay in contact with our members – and of course we are always careful not to violate any safety regulations.

In the public sector, we set up a fundraising project for our community to donate to other communities in need, communities outside our organization.

About 1,350 of our community members responded to this call to help fund Yad Sara’s free “Avir L’Neshama” respiratory equipment distribution which is sent to all those in need of them, and we have begun extending this fundraising to harness even more communities to this cause. In doing so, our community contributed to the international struggle of saving human lives, by allowing the distribution teams to work safely while out in the public, without endangering their health.

We are inspired by diligence of these people, in such challenging moments as this one, when the entire world is in chaos. Confidence in the good will of people and their ability to act positively, is what guides us now.

We have been granted the privilege of belonging to an ancient people of 4000 years, who’s forefathers have taught us throughout their existence to look forward optimistically, to pray and work together for the future of our communities and children.

The Piaseczna Rebbe, who lived and was killed in the Holocaust, taught his students that “the greatest thing in the world is to do good for someone else”. At one moment of despair, when all hope for life was lost, and the pain over what he saw and the darkness that enveloped his life became overwhelming, a young student of his recalled those words to him. The words of the Rebbe. After hearing his own words in the mouth of his student: “I began to care about those around me, strengthen their spirits and take care of their welfare as much as I could, and so I remained alive.”

That young student can teach us the power of education, of the values that community leaders can impart to community members, and his recalling the words of his teacher can show us the power of these values in preserving our essence and life.

The same holds true for the exodus from Egypt. Our nation has gone from darkness to light. from slavery to freedom. This was the case during the Babylonian exile as well. Many of our people chose to go to Jerusalem and rebuild the land. The same is true in many cases even after the Roman exile. Groups of Jews began to immigrate from Yemen and Eastern Europe to Jerusalem and those groups grew, with increasing numbers from all corners of the world. Until finally the State of Israel was created. The national home and land for all of us in this country and abroad. And so we will also come out of this challenge, and discover that we have become a stronger, much stronger community.

Chag Sameach.

Ariel-Happy-Car-696x464.jpg

I came across this interesting interview of young Israeli’s from a broad cultural spectrum. I found enlightening, refreshing and not what you typically hear. I know Haaretz has a paywall but you can get a certain number of free reads weekly (I do not subscribe but can get free articles). It is worth the read imo.

The questions asked were:

How do you identify politically (right, left or center)?
How do you identify religiously, if at all?
Who did you vote for in the two rounds of elections in 2019?
Who do you plan to vote for in the third round on March 2?
Did you vote for the same party as your parents?
Have you attended any demonstration in the past year – and if so, for or against what?
Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?
Do you see your future in Israel?
How do you most identify?
What do you consider to be the most burning political or social issue facing Israel today?
Do you believe Israel has a special obligation to take in refugees and asylum seekers?
Do you believe public buses should operate in Israel on Shabbat?
Do you believe members of the LGBTQ community deserve full rights?
Do you support a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict – in other words, the establishment of an independent Palestinian state next to Israel?
Do you support Israeli annexation of the West Bank?
Are you familiar with the nation-state law, and if so, what’s your position on it?

It is impossible to attach all the responses, so I will only do so for one question: What do you consider to be the most burning political or social issue facing Israel today?

The fact that we’re having so many elections, although maybe that’s not so much of an issue anymore. So I guess I’d say it’s all the divisions in society that bother me most.

I’d say the lack of civility in political discourse and the threat to the rule of law. We’ve always taken pride in being the only democracy in the region, and the rule of law was once considered the holy of holies in this country. But these days, I have a harder and harder time explaining how Israel is different from other regimes in the area

The high cost-of-living, especially housing prices. I have less interest in politics because of the whole mess we’re in with this government.

For me, there are two. One is the growing racism in the country – against Ethiopians, against Arabs and against Mizrahi Jews. The other is the discrimination against those who are not considered as Jewish as I am. I have a friend like that, whose mom isn’t Jewish, and as a result,he doesn’t get the same benefits as me.

As I see it, there are three big issues. One, whether we like it or not, security will always be a top issue on the national agenda. Two, our health and welfare systems are in great need of improvement. And three – and this is something that has become particularly obvious in the past year – are the divisions among different groups in Israeli society. In many cases, the problem is that these groups don’t know each other, and something has to be done about that.

What really bothers me is the climate crisis, but it’s not an Israeli problem specifically. I’m also really troubled by the fact that there’s no functioning government in the country and that our prime minister has been indicted.

Widening socioeconomic gaps.

Getting a government elected that will show some respect for all the different groups in society.

It seems to change every month, but in general I’d say it’s the growing socioeconomic gaps. It bothers me that that there are so many children in this country who don’t have equal opportunities.

Violence in the Arab community.

:bsflag:
In one word - "Haaretz"

The publication with the lowest circulation of the radical left;
that in Israel has widely become synonymous with deception and deceit.

Broadly feeding on identity politics for vulgar incitement, and subversion against the society, and has been caught on bold lies probably even more than the infamous Pal. Info Center.

Coyote, you say it's "refreshing", "enlightening", but in-spite obviously knowing what I've written above, and been shown that numerous times, you have the audacity to claim it's "not what you typically hear", yet with simple examination of your posting history on the subject, in 99% of the times that's been the only source you've been quoting for years.

So let's drop the denial that what's lurking behind your "not what you usually hear",
is anything more than shallow pretense.

(P.S. However to try be fair, give you the benefit of the doubt, which in my view you don't deserve, yet in slightest hope that there's a chance you ever come to terms with reality, I'll point to one of various lies presented in the article, the most obvious one - the publication (on its own initiative) edited into the supposed answer of one of the interviewees the allusion that Meretz was a "Left-wing Zionist party", which they expressly deny, removing any mention of the word "Zionist" from political platform. This is just one of the typical lies and deception constantly insinuated through their publication.

And I wouldn't be surprised if Meretz actually sued them for this, which would be far from the first time they had to face, and pay for libel charges. )

I really don't care what you think nor do I desire your "benefit of the doubt". As always, you will attack it and take it the wrong way because it's from a leftwing source. I'm sorry, but I find your rightwing sources equally offensive and dishonest. Perhaps we can leave it at that.

What I found refreshing about it was it was honest, it was the view of a broad spectrum of young people, it asked them what the were most concerned about and, that was it. There was no demonizing, no dehumanizing, and I often find the voices of young people to be refreshing - whether right or wrong, that is how THEY see the world that they will be inheriting. What's also refreshing is that there are certain themes and concerns that youths around the world share as well as those relevant to just Israel.

It was an enjoyable read, but you, as you typically do with anything I post, took it completely wrong and went right in to attack the source.

My advice to you? Go stuff it.

Haredi Girl Cradles 9 Children Whose Parents Were Hospitalized with COVID-19

Tamar, 16, the daughter of Hatzalah deputy director-general Lazer Hyman, agreed to move into the home of the Bochris family in Tel Tsiyon, a Haredi neighborhood of Kochav Yaakov in Benjamin, to devote herself to caring for the family’s 9 children after both patterns had been hospitalized with the coronavirus.

The mother of the family gave birth only a few days ago, and the baby was separated from her immediately after the delivery. The eldest Bochris child, a girl, is 13.

Tamar did not know the children before the outbreak of the virus. She told News 13 how tough it had been to raise the children without parental authority.

The tearful mother was also interviewed, and related the enormous hardship involved in leaving her children alone, immediately after giving birth.

Tamar is planning to spend the seder night with the children.

In the merit of Tamar, may this affliction soon be gone.

Forum List

Back