Who are the best keyboard & piano players ?

My wife's niece is a world class concert pianist. To play at that level makes anyone in rock or pop look a little ridiculous. Kind of like comparing rookie ball versus MLB. Rick Wakeman attempted to be a legit concert pianist but said everyone at the conservatory was at least as good as him, and most were better.

Having said that Rick Wakeman is very good. Elton John has an amazing touch and feel, maybe the best I've ever heard. Nicky Hopkins was great. There are many.

Here is my wife's niece. No pop musician could ever play this. Just saying.....giv

Wow.
Boy, am I jealous!
I've given several recitals at Steinway Hall.....but that young lady is Carnegie Hall material.

My wife's niece is a world class concert pianist. To play at that level makes anyone in rock or pop look a little ridiculous. Kind of like comparing rookie ball versus MLB. Rick Wakeman attempted to be a legit concert pianist but said everyone at the conservatory was at least as good as him, and most were better.

Having said that Rick Wakeman is very good. Elton John has an amazing touch and feel, maybe the best I've ever heard. Nicky Hopkins was great. There are many.

Here is my wife's niece. No pop musician could ever play this. Just saying.....giv

Wow.
Boy, am I jealous!
I've given several recitals at Steinway Hall.....but that young lady is Carnegie Hall material.

She plays all over the world, and yes including Carnegie Hall. She has a M.F.A. as a piano performance major. She is truly world class.

I have played guitar and piano for many years, and she likes my guitar playing. But I would be Grandma Moses to her Picasso and that's probably being kind. :)

A link to her web site. Home | amandagessler

By the way, an instrumental I wrote for guitar. Like I said....Grandma Moses. :)

A Day On The Mattaponi by user183852791

Last edited:

Forum List

Back