Whites Must Do Their Part to End Racism

Really??? Because history shows that the longest filibuster in US Senate history was done by Democrats. The bill that they were keeping from being voted on: The Civil Rights Act of 1964. By percentage of members, I believe more Republicans voted in favor of the measure than Democrats. That would be a weird flex in opposing civil rights.

As far as Biden supporting Civil Rights, he probably has, but he also have instances where his record is less than stellar.

Example 1
Example 2
Example 3
The Republicans filibustered the most recent voting rights act. Today's republican party is the Dixiecrats of the 60's. In both houses, more Democrats voted for civil rights than republicans. Then in 1964 Republicans nominated a man who voted against the Civil Rights Act. So you're being disingenuous.

How things were before the white man came. Rape, slaughter, slavery, torture of prisoners for fun, running herds of Buffalo off cliffs or into ravines for meat and hides.
Wrong. There is a book titled 1491 that you should read. Whites have seriously distorted history.

White man bad, white man build first country, everybody wants to move to white man country.
Wrong. There are 330 million people here. There are almost 1.4 billion in Africa. In the countries of Asia there are 4.7 billion and 437 million in South America. Most of those people stay in those countries.

Seems that for some reason, I can't post in a thread I started.

The question is asked why am I asking whites to help solve the race problem.

"Why do you keep turning to white people for solutions to America's racial problems?"

Whites created the problem and continue perpetuating it. So why do some whites think we are responsible for cleaning up a mess they made?

Reparations have been paid to other groups who have been harmed by government policy so the right wing opposition to reparations is simply based on a distorted racist belief. Whites are responsible for ending racism in the white community. Once that ends or is reduced to irrelevance the barriers and obstacles created by whites who have racist beliefs will be eliminated and groups of color will be able to reach their potential. You don't start a fire in your house the tell your neighbors how they need to put the fire out.

I am White and I am willing to do my part to end racism. That is, here in the U.S. If a candidate ever runs for office that says they will ship all blacks back to Africa, I will vote for them. If they get elected and do so, that would take care of the racism issue here in the U.S. But then the blacks will have to deal with the racism they encounter in Africa. I can't do anything about that.

Whites were given what they have by legislation. None of it was earned. So don't trot that some sorry ass line.
More lies. Once again implying white people don’t and never have earned their way. You are ridiculous.

I am White and I am willing to do my part to end racism. That is, here in the U.S. If a candidate ever runs for office that says they will ship all blacks back to Africa, I will vote for them. If they get elected and do so, that would take care of the racism issue here in the U.S. But then the blacks will have to deal with the racism they encounter in Africa. I can't do anything about that.
You are the problem whites must eliminate

So whites don't have any responsibility to end the racism they started in America 9thld?

The OP says that there is no amount of acceptable racism. And if you really had to face it, you wouldn't be talking about how great it is because you think there is less racism. What you stated was your opinion and your opinion is not authoritative. The days of I'm white and I say so are over. Less racism is not no racism and we who actually face it do not have to listen to those who perpetrate or enable it to continue telling us how it is less and we should be happy about it.

The OP says that there is no amount of acceptable racism. And if you really had to face it, you wouldn't be talking about how great it is because you think there is less racism. What you stated was your opinion and your opinion is not authoritative. The days of I'm white and I say so are over. Less racism is not no racism and we who actually face it do not have to listen to those who perpetrate or enable it to continue telling us how it is less and we should be happy about it.

Again, why are white people obligated to fix your problems.

When my grandparents came here in the 1920's from Germany, they encountered a lot of discriminate and prejudice. After all, America had just fought one war with Germany and was about to fight another. German-Americans were viewed with suspicion.

Do you know what old Grandpa Ludwig did? He worked hard at his job. He made an effort to learn English. He did everything he could to assimilate, such as changing the pronunciation of the family name and going by "Louis" to sound more American. He raised his kids to love America and my father served in the US Army in World War II fighting - wait for it - Germany.

The OP says that there is no amount of acceptable racism.
In a perfect world, IM2, sadly there s no perfect world.
God gave us free will, and there will always be those who believe in racism.
You can't change the minds of people by flipping a switch, it will take generations to
alleviate racism. Not going to happen in your life time.
One Black advocate on this board thinks that racism should be punishable by death.
Holy Cow!

White supremacist Richard Spencer votes for Joe Biden as he tweets 'to hell with libertarian ideology'​

• Richard Spencer had previously announced his support for Joe Biden in August
  • He dropped his Support for Trump after the killing of Iranian Qassem Soleimani
  • Biden's campain manager rejected Spencer's support based on his past views
  • Uperturbed, Spencer showed a picture of his ballot on Tuesday, voting for Biden

Spencer is a rw Nazi and Trump follower.

I doubt that racism will ever end. I do believe that it has been diluted though generations, less and less people are
racists. The OP does not think so, but he is entitled to his own opinion.
I agree that racism has been diluted through the generations. It‘s only just become a “thing” again in the last few years as 1) Democrats exaggerated it to try to win elections, and b) the far-left Marxist Democrats exaggerated it to sow division and bring down the country they hate.

I agree that racism has been diluted through the generations. It‘s only just become a “thing” again in the last few years as 1) Democrats exaggerated it to try to win elections, and b) the far-left Marxist Democrats exaggerated it to sow division and bring down the country they hate.

Um, no, it's become a bigger thing recently because

1) We had an openly racist president who only gained power because he made racist comments about his predecessor his rivals weren't willing to make.

2) The internet has made it easier for openly racist people to exercise their lizard brains. Seriously, some days I can't tell the difference between USMB and Stormfront.

Forum List

Back