Whites Must Do Their Part to End Racism

Reparations would be funds paid into the black community and then we deal with how the funds are used.
I have a much better idea: tax cuts!
The left often insists that tax cuts are welfare.
Tax cuts = welfare = reparations.
If it's good enough for the evil corporations that run the government, surely tax cuts would be of great benefit to our hard working black brethren.

I have a much better idea: tax cuts!
The left often insists that tax cuts are welfare.
Tax cuts = welfare = reparations.
If it's good enough for the evil corporations that run the government, surely tax cuts would be of great benefit to our hard working black brethren.
How about suggesting what whites can do to eliminate racism in the white community.

Seems that for some reason, I can't post in a thread I started.

The question is asked why am I asking whites to help solve the race problem.

"Why do you keep turning to white people for solutions to America's racial problems?"

Whites created the problem and continue perpetuating it. So why do some whites think we are responsible for cleaning up a mess they made?

Reparations have been paid to other groups who have been harmed by government policy so the right wing opposition to reparations is simply based on a distorted racist belief. Whites are responsible for ending racism in the white community. Once that ends or is reduced to irrelevance the barriers and obstacles created by whites who have racist beliefs will be eliminated and groups of color will be able to reach their potential. You don't start a fire in your house the tell your neighbors how they need to put the fire out.
Still looking for your hand out, IM2? Get an education. Get a job. Stop the whining.

Memory and justice are intricately linked. To adequately address historical wrongs, contemporary liberal democracies must engage the past. Historical memory provides a connective tissue between past wrongs and present injustices. Without the agony of historical memory, liberal societies slide into a politics of national forgetting, where the innocence of the present is affirmed through a dis-avowal of the past. As W. J. Booth (2008, 237) explains, collective responsibility for historical injustice requires attention to temporal continuities that make “possible the community as a subject of justice, specifically as a subject of attribution, a body responsible for its past and(relatedly) able to commit itself to a future.” Memory is important to collective responsibility because it allows us to construct our identity in such a way that past wrongs persisting through time are seen as “ours.” Collectivities or individuals who do not remember the past, or who construct rigid divisions between past and present, cannot be responsible agents (W. J. Booth 2008, 237–39).

More than just a depiction of the past, collective memory is constructed through a range of narrative and memorial practices that impart meaning to past events. We might think of the politics of memory in terms of a two-step process. The first step involves acknowledging the existence of past injustices as well as their causal connection to the present. The second step, in turn, involves paying attention to the narrative practices by which past injustices are given collective meaning. Put differently, the first step might be understood as the question of whether we remember historical injustices or instead slide into the “politics of forgetting” or a condition of “national amnesia” (Behdad 2005; Wolin 1990,32–46).

Still looking for your hand out, IM2? Get an education. Get a job. Stop the whining.
I'm educated. I worked for 43 years and have recently finished a project. I don't whine. That's what whites like you do. That's why you can't post about the topic.

Thats the subject, not your silly false assumptions about a man with more skill and education than you.

Blacks are doing our part. It's time whites like you stopped with the whataboutism. What you call black racism isn't really racism and blacks aren't making laws targeting whites, nor have blacks voted for presidents hoping they can appoint extremists to courts in order to overturn things like civil rights.

Serious question. …

How would you reduce the number of black on black shootings that occur in places like Chicago if you could implement any plan you could come up with?

***snip***

The startling number here: There were nearly 3,000 more Black victims who wound up dead in America from criminal violence than there were white victims, though Blacks, at 12-13% of the U.S. population, are only one-fifth the size of the white population.

Translation: Black Americans are being shot, stabbed and beaten to death at a rate six to seven times that of whites. And by the end of this year, well over 10,000 Blacks will have been made the victims of homicide in America.

That figure breaks down to roughly 200 Black folks dead every single week in this country from gunshot wounds and other criminal violence — a weekly death toll that rivals U.S. losses in Vietnam at the height of the war.

I'm educated. I worked for 43 years and have recently finished a project. I don't whine. That's what whites like you do. That's why you can't post about the topic.

Thats the subject, not your silly false assumptions about a man with more skill and education than you.
Get off the democrat dependency

Get off the democrat dependency
This thread is about what whites need to do, not what you imagine about democrats. Seems that all of you preachers of personal responsibility don't want to take any.

Serious question. …

How would you reduce the number of black on black shootings that occur in places like Chicago if you could implement any plan you could come up with?

***snip***

The startling number here: There were nearly 3,000 more Black victims who wound up dead in America from criminal violence than there were white victims, though Blacks, at 12-13% of the U.S. population, are only one-fifth the size of the white population.

Translation: Black Americans are being shot, stabbed and beaten to death at a rate six to seven times that of whites. And by the end of this year, well over 10,000 Blacks will have been made the victims of homicide in America.

That figure breaks down to roughly 200 Black folks dead every single week in this country from gunshot wounds and other criminal violence — a weekly death toll that rivals U.S. losses in Vietnam at the height of the war.
This thread is not about black shootings. It is about what whites need to do to end racism in the white community.

Serious question. …

***snip***

Try not citing Pat Buchanan. His numbers are wrong.

Try not citing Pat Buchanan. His numbers are wrong.
You avoided answering my question. I would like to hear your opinion on how to fix the problem of blacks killing other blacks including many totally innocent people.

O
This thread is not about black shootings. It is about what whites need to do to end racism in the white community.
I asked a serious question as you seem to have a strong interest in problems affecting the black population of our nation. I am interesting in your opinion and I doubt if you will ever start a thread on the subject.

O

I asked a serious question as you seem to have a strong interest in problems affecting the black population of our nation. I am interesting in your opinion and I doubt if you will ever start a thread on the subject.
This thread is not about that and I get tired of you raggedy right wingers bringing it up. Whites kill each other and far more whites are dying by suicide and drug overdoses than blacks killing each other. So how about you discuss what whites can do to end the racism in their community. If that happens there will be less shootings, because there won't be 40 million stressed out angry blacks walking the streets.

You avoided answering my question. I would like to hear your opinion on how to fix the problem of blacks killing other blacks including many totally innocent people.
I won't be answering that question.

Is the thread topic.

It’s Not Complicated — White People Must Do Their Part to Dismantle White Supremacy

There is no question that the recent coverage and exposure to the pandemic of racism , white supremacy, and maligned indifference to violence against Black people, when combined with shelter-in-place orders, loss of jobs and income, diminished social interactions — and replaced with increased ingestion of news, blogs, social media exchanges, OpEd pieces, and statements espousing a commitment to diversity, inclusion, justice, and equity coming out from all manner of organizations, businesses, corporations, associations, etc. — has people talking. Talking about what we are seeing, hearing, thinking and feeling. I suppose that’s a good thing. The discourse reveals the thinking, the thinking reveals the underlying values and beliefs, and therein lies the intentions for action.

How many times have you heard a white person say any of the following:

• “This is such a big problem everywhere. How could we possibly tackle it in our little space when it is so enormous and overwhelming and has been happening all over for so long? Where do we even begin?”
  • “It’s not just white people who are mistreating black people. Look at what they are doing to each other. Look at the racism from other people of color towards Black people.”
  • “If they (Black people) don’t have enough sense to not destroy their own communities and neighborhoods, how can we (white people) be expected to do anything?”
  • “We need some ‘law and order’ to get anything done. Nothing can happen in the midst of the chaos that they are causing right now.”
  • “But I’m one of the good (white) ones. I don’t hate or mistreat anyone. I’ve worked hard for everything I have. Stop telling me I have privilege — nobody handed me anything. In fact, I’m a victim of reverse racism because I was passed over for several jobs. I’m still struggling to get by.”
  • And my personal favorite: “This is really complicated stuff and it’s hard to know what is the right thing to do.”
Here’s where I disagree. It is not complicated — it’s simple. By simple I mean obvious.

Obvious that it is way past time to face the reality that the injustices we see on the news in the last several weeks didn’t just happen, nor did they happen randomly or by chance. They are a result of hundreds of years of lies, distortions, and misrepresentations fed to us white people by our schools, institutions, government, media, entertainment industry, popular culture — indeed even our families, loved ones, and faith communities. Racism is not getting worse (just because we are getting a steady dose of it lately), it is getting filmed

Last edited:
Did you bother to read that? They were mostly aimed at Asians. The only ones that affected blacks were intermarriage laws and they were repealed in 1948, likely before almost everyone posting on this board was born.
Wow, you wrote that there were no Jim Crow laws and I proved you wrong, so either admit there were Jim Crow laws or keep on lying…

I mean you can’t have it both ways and I read the whole thing and it also affected schooling also but you refused to put that in, and I ask why?

New Topics

Forum List

Back