Whites Must Do Their Part to End Racism

This thread is not about reparations but because you run your mouth and people seem unable to take action:

Citygroup did a study focusing on U.S. GDP from 2000 until 2020. The study revealed huge losses in GDP due to continuing discrimination against blacks in business revenue, education, housing credit, and income. The study determined that since the year 2000, continuing discriminatory practices in the four areas mentioned in the prior sentence resulted in a loss of 16 trillion dollars in GDP.25 The breakdown is as follows:

“Closing the Black racial wage gap 20 years ago might have provided an additional $2.7 trillion in income available for consumption and investment.

Improving access to housing credit might have added an additional 770,000 Black homeowners over the last 20 years, with combined sales and expenditures adding another $218 billion to GDP over that time.

Facilitating increased access to higher education (college, graduate, and vocational schools) for Black students might have bolstered lifetime incomes that in aggregate sums to $90 to $113 billion.

Providing fair and equitable lending to Black entrepreneurs might have resulted in the creation of an additional $13 trillion in business revenue over the last 20 years. This could have been used for investments in labor, technology, capital equipment, and structures and 6.1 million jobs might have been created per year.”26

For years I have listened to the “I’m not responsible” or “I didn’t own anybody” and “I was not alive then” people like you. Citigroup determined money lost due to racial discrimination against blacks since 2000. At a minimum, reparations can be requested for money lost from 2000 until right now. If we only take lost income from racism starting in 2000, it equals $57,569 per black person in America based on the 2020 U.S. Census. Including all losses due to racial discrimination equals $277,185 per black person in America. This is money owed NOW for things done in OUR LIFETIMES.

Dana M Peterson, Catherine L Mann, Closing the Racial Inequality Gaps, The Economic Cost of Black Inequality in the U.S., pg. 4, Closing the Racial Inequality Gaps - CitiGPS

It's time the excuses stop. That's another beginning that would go a long way to ending the problem. We are ruled by a document ratified almost 235 years ago, whites like the right-wingers here constantly harp on how we need to return to the ideas of 235 years ago, but when it comes to reparations you weren't alive and that was too far in the past. Then you wonder why you get cussed at when you try running that bullshit on somebody black.
How do you explain the white people in poverty, low income, no education, no bank mortgages, etc?

My church belongs to a group called POWER - People Organized to Witness Empower and Rebuild, an inter-faith group that work on just those things. We also meet regularly with a group called Come To The Table, to discuss racism, its implications and what we can do to improve things.
That's a good example of whites doing something to end the racism in the white community.

This thread is not about reparations but because you run your mouth and people seem unable to take action:

Citygroup did a study focusing on U.S. GDP from 2000 until 2020. The study revealed huge losses in GDP due to continuing discrimination against blacks in business revenue, education, housing credit, and income. The study determined that since the year 2000, continuing discriminatory practices in the four areas mentioned in the prior sentence resulted in a loss of 16 trillion dollars in GDP.25 The breakdown is as follows:

“Closing the Black racial wage gap 20 years ago might have provided an additional $2.7 trillion in income available for consumption and investment.

Improving access to housing credit might have added an additional 770,000 Black homeowners over the last 20 years, with combined sales and expenditures adding another $218 billion to GDP over that time.

Facilitating increased access to higher education (college, graduate, and vocational schools) for Black students might have bolstered lifetime incomes that in aggregate sums to $90 to $113 billion.

Providing fair and equitable lending to Black entrepreneurs might have resulted in the creation of an additional $13 trillion in business revenue over the last 20 years. This could have been used for investments in labor, technology, capital equipment, and structures and 6.1 million jobs might have been created per year.”26

For years I have listened to the “I’m not responsible” or “I didn’t own anybody” and “I was not alive then” people like you. Citigroup determined money lost due to racial discrimination against blacks since 2000. At a minimum, reparations can be requested for money lost from 2000 until right now. If we only take lost income from racism starting in 2000, it equals $57,569 per black person in America based on the 2020 U.S. Census. Including all losses due to racial discrimination equals $277,185 per black person in America. This is money owed NOW for things done in OUR LIFETIMES.

Dana M Peterson, Catherine L Mann, Closing the Racial Inequality Gaps, The Economic Cost of Black Inequality in the U.S., pg. 4, Closing the Racial Inequality Gaps - CitiGPS

It's time the excuses stop. That's another beginning that would go a long way to ending the problem. We are ruled by a document ratified almost 235 years ago, whites like the right-wingers here constantly harp on how we need to return to the ideas of 235 years ago, but when it comes to reparations you weren't alive and that was too far in the past. Then you wonder why you get cussed at when you try running that bullshit on somebody black.
Actually it was you that introduce that topic along with another poster, so again how I am changing the subject?

I find it strange you demand a conversation on subject matters but when it does not jive with what you want to read you demand thread banning and silence of the opposition.

Again, society does not owe you anything and I owe you nothing because I did not own slaves nor inflect any injustice against you.

What White Society did from the birth of man until now is not my problem nor am I responsible for my fellow man, woman or child for the injustice they inflect on you.

What Corporations have done and will do is out of my hands and I can not punish them for you nor can I stop racist cops no matter skin color inflecting racial injustice against you.

I can only answer for myself and use my one vote to try to change the world…

Do you understand that?

This is not about what liberals think about gender according to someone on the right. This is about what whites need to do in their communities to end racis
We can have a constitutional convention that gathers the diversity of people that the racist and slave-owning founders could not gather to establish the institutions of governance.

Why don't Black people want to do that?

We can have a constitutional convention that gathers the diversity of people that the racist and slave-owning founders could not gather to establish the institutions of governance.

Why don't Black people want to do that?
Doing a Constitutional Convention would not give the OP what he want and that is to force White Society to end something that can not be ended.

You can pass all the laws you want but racism is never going to end and demanding payment for what was stolen ( not from the Op ) from former slaves and Jim Crow survivors along with horrible banking practices that did in fact held back Black communities will not happen.

Hey, I am realist and know humanity isn’t going to comply…

But what whites like YOU need to do is stop the fucking crying and face your history. You guys want to tell everybody how whites invented everything and created civilization and everybody is just supposed to genuflect.

So the first thing YOU need to do is stop repeating Chris Rufos version of Critical Race Baiting. Systemic racism is not imaginary and it's time whites stopped telling us that what we see and face doesn't exist because you don't face it or don't want to believe it happens.

Have you ever studied U.S. public policy flacaltenn? Because its not apparent that you have any knowledge of it by your postings. Blacks have never controlled the so called ghetto and the effects of public policy in a city with a black mayor and a majority white city council seem to escape your ability to analyze.

Probably should cut the profanity. I dont mind you telling me what I should do as long as it;s a REAL discussion and not a "No questions -- lecture". STILL NOT answering my questions...

Dont care as much about history as I do about suffering, dying and injustice TODAY. All you can do for history is to resolve to DO BETTER.. And why do we have a whole MONTH for Black History if "whites invented everything"? If that was true we could have a Black History day or hour.

Have no idea who Chris Rufo is and I only read primary sources on Critical theory.

Dont TELL me what I believe. Leave that to my actual words. Dont need someone playing me like a ventriloquist act. How many times have I ADMITTED there are racists and haters? My actual beliefs are WELL REVEALED in this forum.

As far as black communities go -- why dont you want to share even token amounts of power? It's not good to one party govt OF ANY KIND. They get complacent and offer worse and worse choices to vote for because the PARTY is gonna win no matter what.

With a black mayor and 51% or more of the city council and most high positions covered --- you REALLY believe what left to Asians, Hispanics and Whites is STILL oppressing black people or serving them badly? Need an answer here or its not a discussion.

For Buffalo, you have a black mayor and three city council representing 3 predominantly black districts. Isn't that enough to ensure that no white people are "oppressing you"? Yeah, I now DO public policy kinda as my job.

And what ever happened to the 90s wild celebration of Multiculturism? Got smooshed by identity politics huh? So -- you might find YOURSELF dredding that onslaught of new brown skin immigrants looking for footroom in those "perfect" black-run communities and off we go AGAIN with racism. Dont TELL ME this doesn't happen. I saw it in the crowded SF Bay area where the fight WAS FULLY ON for black vs brown dominance in the few mid-peninsula minority communities.

Of course CRT does. And so does its predecessor critical law theory. SYSTEMIC racism that presumbably cant be fixed in INHERENT and INSEPARABLE in skin color biases. And skin color bias are a SIN that we have to live with and cannot avoid. That's WHY its systemic. Race oppression is by the white skins and they OPPRESS the black skins in the legal system, in business and economics the systems ARE INERENTLY rigged and compromised by skin color bias. So the remedy is EQUITY which is NOT EQUALITY. Not EQUALITY under the law any more -- but EQUAL OUTCOMES -- regardless of criminality under the law or performance in an educational system because OPPRESSION is an innate sin of white skins. And this is remedied ONLY thru ignoring the law or the educational performance of black kids to just GIVE the oppressed the trophy or degree or pass on the law.
No it does not. You need to grow up and face what whites have done and continue to do instead of whining and providing a warped and false opinion about legal theories. And spare me the right-wing equity vs equality crap. That's a bunch of right-wing race-bait crap. When has this country ever had equality? NEVER,, and whites have been the ones who have benefitted. Now some right-wingers who are anti anything not white want to twist words and make up a theory that doesn't exist in the hopes of stopping anything that will create real equality. You believe a bunch of crap flacaltenn, it's time you woke up or just admit your problem.

Dumb white kids have always been given things, and you keep ignoring that.. Dumb white kids are going to colleges because daddy was able to. And daddy was dumb, but he got in because his daddy was able to because the school refused to let blacks who had higher grades into the school. You ignore GENERATIONS of that shit to present teflon history as if when Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act, poof white racism disappeared.

This is the time whites like you must face reality. Stop repeating that right wing malarkey.

Work in your community to end racism. Begin with yourself.
It doesn't even occur to you that you might be wrong about this, does it? You are quite comfortable making blanket accusations and demanding action of people who might not be racist. What you'll eventually get for such methods is a backlash from people who get SICK of being accused of things they aren't doing. If that's your goal, keep it up.

No it does not. You need to grow up and face what whites have done and continue to do instead of whining and providing a warped and false opinion about legal theories. And spare me the right-wing equity vs equality crap. That's a bunch of right-wing race-bait crap. When has this country ever had equality? NEVER,, and whites have been the ones who have benefitted. Now some right-wingers who are anti anything not white want to twist words and make up a theory that doesn't exist in the hopes of stopping anything that will create real equality. You believe a bunch of crap flacaltenn, it's time you woke up or just admit your problem.

Dumb white kids have always been given things, and you keep ignoring that.. Dumb white kids are going to colleges because daddy was able to. And daddy was dumb, but he got in because his daddy was able to because the school refused to let blacks who had higher grades into the school. You ignore GENERATIONS of that shit to present teflon history as if when Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act, poof white racism disappeared.

This is the time whites like you must face reality. Stop repeating that right wing malarkey.
You really need to address situations happening today. Usually who gets into college without good scores is based on wealth, not skin color. What are dumb white kids being given?

Doing a Constitutional Convention would not give the OP what he want and that is to force White Society to end something that can not be ended.
I agree. My underlying intention is that a constitutional convention will recognize that as an undeniable truth, and that the most efficient remedy is that some states have to be segregated. Not only racially, but "politically," and religion.

This is the time whites like you must face reality
No, I don't think I will accept YOUR version of reality. It becomes more clear all the time that your goal is to see whites prostrating themselves before blacks and being willing to give an endless amount of money to them. It's never going to happen bud. Whether you accept it or not, Johnson's Great Society has nearly destroyed the black community. All of the ills in your community can be traced back to a politician buying votes and black folks taking the bait.

I personally feel that a vote for reparations would be a very freeing thing for us all. There are ways it could be done fairly. "The book From Here To Equality proposes a straightforward process for identifying descendants of African slaves based on census records and genealogy, and models possible payments based on various methods for determining the debt, from the worth of the elusive "forty acres and a mule" to their preferred route, closing the current racial wealth gap."

You dont close wealth gaps. Wealth is not personal. And people suggest stuff like that do not know what wealth is. Owning Hertz looks big on paper, but it includes all of Hertzs' assets, every car, desk, chair, van, garage, computer systems, etc. That's not FUNGIBLE WEALTH. Can't be cashed out -- can only be divided. And for most of wealthy -- if you FORCED CASH OUT -- there's be a crushing collapse of the economy. Which is what some people seem to want.

Anyways. -- Cant based reparations just on the slavery era or the promises made about acres/mules because AFTERWARDS it's a rolling scale of DIFFERENT abuses and inequities all the way to the 70s. That's a 150 years of "ledger debt" to figure out or there will still be demands that everyone else including ASIANS, HISPANICS, INDIANS and peoples who's ancestors weren't in this country ironically are still "on the hook".

White racism did not disappear and has been going on since Johnson day and the Civil Rights Bill did not end anything…

The facts is you refuse to accept reality and believe racism should end because you demand it but you offer no solutions that will end it.

Do Black Students suffer?

Yes, but agains I have asked this simple question what have you done to remedy the problem?

No, it is not my job to fix your community or do as you want because you are not my people…

Will I help if I feel the need?

Yes, and I have!

Now before you write “ you never done anything “ let be factual you do not know me nor do you know any of us on this board, so your opinion is based on conversations with us but if you met me in real life you would be terribly disappointed to find out I do more than you realize to help out but I will not do it if forced and why?

You have no right to demand anything from me or anyone else.

Now civil debate does not start of accusing and demanding because what happens is you will get resistance and rightfully so!

You need to learn it is not always going to be your way only.

Yes, racism exist but it ain’t ending, so work to work around it and before you claim I have lived a privilege life because of racism, well true and no doubt but I also know you are not the only minorities that have faced or face hate from Whites or even your own community as the Moderator has stated.

Now before you scream “ Stay on Topic “ remember you introduce stuff and when rebuffed you look to control the content so you can lecture and not discuss and that is your problem because you don’t want discussion or debate but what you demand is complete silence and lecturing the White Society on what you want, and I say no…

Probably should cut the profanity. I dont mind you telling me what I should do as long as it;s a REAL discussion and not a "No questions -- lecture". STILL NOT answering my questions...

Dont care as much about history as I do about suffering, dying and injustice TODAY. All you can do for history is to resolve to DO BETTER.. And why do we have a whole MONTH for Black History if "whites invented everything"? If that was true we could have a Black History day or hour.

Have no idea who Chris Rufo is and I only read primary sources on Critical theory.

Dont TELL me what I believe. Leave that to my actual words. Dont need someone playing me like a ventriloquist act. How many times have I ADMITTED there are racists and haters? My actual beliefs are WELL REVEALED in this forum.

As far as black communities go -- why dont you want to share even token amounts of power? It's not good to one party govt OF ANY KIND. They get complacent and offer worse and worse choices to vote for because the PARTY is gonna win no matter what.

With a black mayor and 51% or more of the city council and most high positions covered --- you REALLY believe what left to Asians, Hispanics and Whites is STILL oppressing black people or serving them badly? Need an answer here or its not a discussion.

For Buffalo, you have a black mayor and three city council representing 3 predominantly black districts. Isn't that enough to ensure that no white people are "oppressing you"? Yeah, I now DO public policy kinda as my job.

And what ever happened to the 90s wild celebration of Multiculturism? Got smooshed by identity politics huh? So -- you might find YOURSELF dredding that onslaught of new brown skin immigrants looking for footroom in those "perfect" black-run communities and off we go AGAIN with racism. Dont TELL ME this doesn't happen. I saw it in the crowded SF Bay area where the fight WAS FULLY ON for black vs brown dominance in the few mid-peninsula minority communities.

footroom in those "perfect" black-run communities and off we go AGAIN with racism. Dont TELL ME this doesn't happen. I saw it in the crowded SF Bay area where the fight WAS FULLY ON for black vs brown dominance in the few mid-peninsula minority communities.
Studying the public policies enacted will give you an accurate assessment of todays reality.

Buffalo has not always had a mayor and 3 city council members. Furthermore the situation there is the result of years. So again, the study of past public policy is important. Now this thread is about what whites need to do to fix racism in the white community. A black mayor and 3 black city council members are not fixing racism in the Buffalo white community and by judging how whites acted when we had a black president, it means that whites would get more stubborn and racist.

I am telling you that what you believe about CRT is wrong because it is wrong. You have chosen to reject peer reviewed information in our discussion because you just didn't want to believe it. So trying to discuss things with you is like talking to a brick wall unless I accept your premise and I can't do that because your premise about these things is incotrect.7

I agree. My underlying intention is that a constitutional convention will recognize that as an undeniable truth, and that the most efficient remedy is that some states have to be segregated. Not only racially, but "politically," and religion.
I get your point but as a Union we must also remember we are a nation of diversity and differences of opinion and we must listen even if we disagree because sometimes we discover we are wrong…

Forum List

Back