Whites Must Do Their Part to End Racism

Want to answer this or not? Is there ANY coherent plan for reparations spelled out that has a chance of making everyone feel satisfied?
What if the gov offered no interest home and business and student loans to qualified individuals?

Whatchawantus to do? Round them up -- send them to a re-education camp? Take away their internet or voting privileges? Have the FBI monitor all of them?

What PERCENTAGE of all the white racists that you imagine exist can CAUSE HARM to the black community? Need an answer here -- and it probably shouldn't be "harm from the way they vote against reparations".

What KIND of harm do you imagine they do besides not liking to "hire POC" if they actually RUN ANYTHING or have any power? If they hold NO POWER or privilege -- are they STILL A THREAT to you?

Need answers...//////////////

STILL NEED ANSWERS.. I told you whites can identify THEIR racists. It's fairly obvious and simple. How about commenting on what we DO about it. Gave you LOTS of choices in the above post. Feel free to design a better plan to deal with white racists.

You'd probably PREFER we didn't "deal with them".. Because if we DID -- your entire time spent in the forum would be pointless. But take a shot. Asking for advice because it IS A SERIOUS problem -- at least for the DANGEROUS white racists. Just like GANG WARFARE is a serious problem in black urban centers --- we should work TOGETHER to end this.

To be honest -- the economic insults and other injuries lasted until last 60s and into the 70s. Beyond THAT -- the case for reparations gets weaker and weaker.

And that is also part if the problem, segregation was not the same as slavery and anyone making a case for that is not being genuine.

Seems that for some reason, I can't post in a thread I started.

The question is asked why am I asking whites to help solve the race problem.

"Why do you keep turning to white people for solutions to America's racial problems?"

Whites created the problem and continue perpetuating it. So why do some whites think we are responsible for cleaning up a mess they made?

Reparations have been paid to other groups who have been harmed by government policy so the right wing opposition to reparations is simply based on a distorted racist belief. Whites are responsible for ending racism in the white community. Once that ends or is reduced to irrelevance the barriers and obstacles created by whites who have racist beliefs will be eliminated and groups of color will be able to reach their potential. You don't start a fire in your house the tell your neighbors how they need to put the fire out.
I am confused, since Liberals seem to ultimately believe there are no absolutes. No sexes, genders no right and wrong. By that standard, "racism" is a construct too and we can reject it as a control mechanism used to manipulate the masses. Or something like that.

What if the gov offered no interest home and business and student loans to qualified individuals?

THere are PEL grants and 8 other Federally funded varieties. Same with Federal aid to HBColleges. ALL of those in place for DECADES now. ALL POC eligible and probably preferred.

Same with home buyers in minority communities and home/business loans. Including SBA loans and grants.

Is that targeted enough? Dunno. But these programs DO RECOGNIZE "a reparations theme" as their reason for existing.

If THAT's not targeted enough -- we now have legalized LOOTING where you can rob a Walgreens and walk out the door once a week without any fear of being prosecuted. Maybe the BEST form of reparations and the insurance companies pay for that until all the Walgreens close in that community.

Stop making excuses.
US4CC.meme.BLM - Malcolm_X - Bloodless_Revolution.png

This is not about prior generations, you have been shown an example of that. Whites today benefit from what happened in prior generations. This thread is not about reparations nor am I going to allow it to be derailed by having a conversation on reparations. This thread is about what whites can do to end racism in their communities.

Excuse me Mr. Oposter --- did ya forget the "topic" you laid out in the OPOST??

Reparations have been paid to other groups who have been harmed by government policy so the right wing opposition to reparations is simply based on a distorted racist belief. Whites are responsible for ending racism in the white community. Once that ends or is reduced to irrelevance the barriers and obstacles created by whites who have racist beliefs will be eliminated and groups of color will be able to reach their potential. You don't start a fire in your house the tell your neighbors how they need to put the fire out.

Dont go confusing posters by telling them they are "off-topic" when you actually included MORE than one topic in the OPost.

The toxicity in our community is caused by white racism
Example from an article on CNN's website:

Buffalo is one of the most segregated cities in America, according to a September 2021 University at Buffalo Community Health Equity Institute report called "The Harder We Run: The State of Black Buffalo in 1990 and the Present."

Redlining -- a form of discrimination in which officials drew a redline around certain, often Black, neighborhoods considered "hazardous" -- is a main cause of housing segregation in Buffalo, according to the report. Prior to World War II, Buffalo's housing segregation was based on where one worked because many low wage workers lived in the industrial East Side, closer to their jobs near the waterfront.

The Kensington Expressway divides the city of Buffalo, and when it was built it cut through a Black neighborhood.

Once World War II ended, things changed. Racist sentiments inspired the belief that the presence of Black people in a neighborhood led to its decline, the report said, thus leading to less investment in and the decline of Black communities in the East Side.

Fast forward nearly 80 years and the effects of redlining in Buffalo are still seen today
. The ZIP code that includes the East Side where Tops is located, 14208, is 78% Black, according to the Census Bureau's 2020 American Community Survey. It is among the top 2% of ZIP codes nationwide with the highest percentage of Black population and has the highest percentage of Black population of any ZIP code in upstate New York.

"The reason this killer, this masochist, this White supremacist knew to go to Tops is because of the social economic order of Buffalo," the Rev. Al Sharpton said during his visit to Buffalo. "If you had an equal and even and fair city that had services everywhere, he couldn't have pinpointed Tops. He pinpointed Tops because Tops is a result of the socioeconomic disparities that this country allows and has normalized."

Buffalo Mayor Byron Brown said that more than 20 years ago many corporations "refused to come into the community."

"They cited demographics, income levels, crime, on and on," Brown told CNN when he visited the with the NFL's Buffalo Bills on Wednesday to hand out hot meals. "I made the point that the green money in this community was as green as it was in any other community."

• Love
Reactions: IM2
I remember you, or someone else like you saying that all whites were born inherently racist. I'm pretty sure it was you.
I remember as a child, hearing my father use the N word and complaining that black folks wanted everything handed to them on a silver platter. Those attitudes were implanted into my mind before I was even old enough to understand what they meant. Being born white in America, I believe, is to have been born into a country that as a whole approved of taking land from Native Americans and enslaving black people to build it. Racial attitudes have been engrained into us for a very long time. It does not automatically make us individually racists, but at some point we do have to recognize it, reckon with it and determine to stand against racism as it has been taught to us throughout most of our lives.

• Love
Fast forward nearly 80 years and the effects of redlining in Buffalo are still seen today. The ZIP code that includes the East Side where Tops is located, 14208, is 78% Black, according to the Census Bureau's 2020 American Community Survey. It is among the top 2% of ZIP codes nationwide with the highest percentage of Black population and has the highest percentage of Black population of any ZIP code in upstate New York.

How much of this is "cultural choice"? Any one of those families could relocate into the burbs or a different city. Maybe even find better schools, cheaper cost of living. There is a tendency to WANT to live in predominantly segregated communities. THAT - should be by choice.

And of course, the NEW racist mantra of CRT ENCOURAGES re-segregation because the "oppressed" dont live with or under the "oppressors". Only way to AVOID the somewhat imaginary "systemic racism" TODAY -- is to remain the "ghetto" and control your own govt and economics. Any PROBLEMS from doing that for multiple generations now IS NOT "white people's fault"...

Last edited:
Despite the facts, some whites believe these things have no relationship to how and why things are as they are now. Like Norton, they have lived in a system that has afforded them wealth and do not want it changed.
What is this system, if it is not the erroneous government that was originally designed in compromise between white supremacists and slave owners?

Still, common sense says that if a system is built on denying specific races access to opportunity, racism will be at least partly the reason for the problems that exist due to that exclusion.
What opportunities are black people being denied access to???

US4CC.meme.BLM_Trayvon_Martin.png

You miss the days of having your own water fountain - don't you?

Last edited:
That mindset allows racism to continue. We are responsible to change what is wrong. Too many whites feel a similar "helplesness" because they don't face that racism personally. It is about increasing societal shame and seriously enforcing non discrimination laws.

This is where non racist and anti racist whites must organize and create a strategy to combat white racism in media, politics, education, business, and the justice system.
My church belongs to a group called POWER - People Organized to Witness Empower and Rebuild, an inter-faith group that work on just those things. We also meet regularly with a group called Come To The Table, to discuss racism, its implications and what we can do to improve things.

• Thanks
Racial attitudes have been engrained into us for a very long time. It does not automatically make us individually racists, but at some point we do have to recognize it, reckon with it and determine to stand against racism as it has been taught to us throughout most of our lives.
How about all of the other bad things that white people do - how do we recognize it, reckon with it and determine to stand against it???

Last edited:
Blacks are doing our part. It's time whites like you stopped with the whataboutism. What you call black racism isn't really racism and blacks aren't making laws targeting whites, nor have blacks voted for presidents hoping they can appoint extremists to courts in order to overturn things like civil rights.
Whites can do whatever they want and don’t have to do a thing at all.

You need to worry about what you are doing to help your community and stop worrying about what White Society is doing.

Fix your community and demand more from your people and lead by example and maybe then Whites, Hispanics and Asians will look at you and say “ Hey maybe we should listen “ but until then, well no…

How much of this is "cultural choice"? Any one of those families could relocate into the burbs or a different city. Maybe even find better schools, cheaper cost of living. There is a tendency to WANT to live in predominantly segregated communities.

And of course, the NEW racist mantra of CRT ENCOURAGES re-segregation because the "oppressed" dont live with or under the "oppressors". Only way to AVOID the somewhat imaginary "systemic racism" TODAY -- is to remain the "ghetto" and control your own govt and economics. Any PROBLEMS from doing that for multiple generations now IS NOT "white people's fault"...
I think that if some of it is cultural choice, there is nothing wrong with wanting to live in a segregated community, white folks mostly do it all the time (I've heard many here say they don't want to be anywhere near black folks). I think the problem becomes that once a place becomes predominantly black, that services may stop, investments in the community may stop, opportunities may disappear, education slips, often because of the belief that investing in black people will do them no good and is a waste of good money.

And I don't know how many folks have the resources to pick up and move, and if they were born and raised somewhere that they consider home, they may not want to move. And, unfortunately, blacks are not always accepted when they move up and out.

• Thanks

Forum List

Back