Whitehouse repeals part of healthcare themselves..

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration says it is unable to go forward with a major program in the president's signature health care overhaul law — a new long-term care insurance plan.

Officials said Friday the long-term care program has critical design flaws that can't be fixed to make it financially self-sustaining.

Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius told Congress in a letter that she does not see a viable path forward at this time. By law, implementation of the program was contingent on Sebelius certifying it financially sound.

The program was supposed to be a voluntary insurance plan for working adults regardless of age or health. Workers would pay an affordable monthly premium during their careers, and could collect a modest daily cash benefit if they became disabled later in life.

Obama pulls plug on part of health overhaul law - CBS News

lol

$1200/year to pay in .... $18,250/year when collecting.

Yeah...............

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE&ob=av3e"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE&ob=av3e[/ame]

Last edited:

It is proof that the Republicans are at work and doing the necessary blocking. :clap2:

No it's not. I get the impression the Obama team crunched the numbers, decided it wouldn't work, so they pulled the plug on that one idea.

Big deal.

(clears throat - not a partisan here, so don't expect to be treated like one. thnx.)

Don't you think that all the number crunching should have been performed before Presenting the bill, to begin with? Honestly.

And that's what's funny. I defended that it was 2k pages or whatever, calling it a "complex" situation, and a complex thing to legislate. But here I am, eating some of my words. (they actually taste good, I should talk more)

Last edited:
It is proof that the Republicans are at work and doing the necessary blocking. :clap2:

No it's not. I get the impression the Obama team crunched the numbers, decided it wouldn't work, so they pulled the plug on that one idea.

Big deal.

(clears throat - not a partisan here, so don't expect to be treated like one. thnx.)

Don't you think that all the number crunshing should have been performed before Presenting the bill, to begin with? Honestly.

And that's what's funny. I defended that it was 2k pages or whatever, calling it a "complex" situation, and a complex thing to legislate. But here I am, eating some of my words. (they actually taste good, I should talk more)

Thats basically what was going through my mind as I was reading the link.

"Officials said Friday the long-term care program has critical design flaws that can't be fixed to make it financially self-sustaining." News from The Associated Press

When did this administration institute such standards as financially sustainability?

This law was destined to defeat. It's central premise, the individual mandate, is clearly and undeniably unconstitutional and this Supreme Court is going to strike it down.

Forum List

Back