White Singers With Black Soul

I first heard of Joss Stone about 5 years ago. At the time I had no clue she was white. I was stunned to find out she was white. To date she is the only white singer to fool me into thinking she was Black.

Would you call her 'a credit to her race'?

I first heard of Joss Stone about 5 years ago. At the time I had no clue she was white. I was stunned to find out she was white. To date she is the only white singer to fool me into thinking she was Black.

I have to admit she is a credit to the white race. In fact she is a credit to the human race.

Lisa Stansfield had much respect from the Black community.

Of course. What black person wouldn't get a kick out of seeing some white artist dancing around like an organ grinders monkey on a leash?

"Play that funky music white boy", and all that.
[/QUOTE]
I guess no one of you High thinkers ever heard Charley Pride sing.

Lisa Stansfield had much respect from the Black community.

Of course. What black person wouldn't get a kick out of seeing some white artist dancing around like an organ grinders monkey on a leash?

"Play that funky music white boy", and all that.
I guess no one of you High thinkers ever heard Charley Pride sing. [/QUOTE]
I thought Charley Pride was Black? Matter of fact I am sure he is.

I have to admit she is a credit to the white race. In fact she is a credit to the human race.

I think you over praise her. She isnt that great a singer in my humble opinion.

Apparently, no one here is old enough to get that reference.

I'm not really sure how this works. For example Rod Temperton, a white songwriter, wrote a ton of "soulful" songs performed by black artist such as Heatwave, the Brothers Johnson, Michael Jackson, etc. I can't recall if any white artist performed any of his songs.

Also is it the music that makes it soul or the singer's voice and do any of these qualify or are they more pop?
Country artist:

Jazz:

Unknown genre:

And of course I agree on Teena Marie:

For me its the voice. There is a certain way of singing that conveys the soul in a persons voice. The actual music can help but in the end its always the voice. I notice a lot of country singers can convey some soul but its not as much as most Black singers. Maybe its because country was a Black genre originally?

Very much of country music was not only NOT a "black genre originally", it is in fact the only branch of the American music tree virtually untouched (or at least unchanged) by the African-American Spiritual. This would include pure folk music, bluegrass, Western, etc.

The African-American Spiritual gifted America and the world with modern American music, and I have absolutely zero problem saying so. But to say that "country was a Black genre originally" is completely false. You have left off Appalachia and Western, just for starters. Not all country music is based on the blues--in fact, very much of it is not, in its purest form.

I think you over praise her. She isnt that great a singer in my humble opinion.

I'm not the only Black person that thinks she is a great singer. The older Black generation says the same thing. She has been invited to sing with some of the greatest Black legends of all time.

It must suck to see race in everything. I almost feel sorry for your racist, miserable ass.
Only a retarded white person like you would say that. I find it amazingly vibrant to see race in everything. It gives you an appreciation for the cultures that have contributed to or came up with different concepts and inventions. I dont understand people that claim to not see race. Basically you are denying you see me if you dont see me as a Black man.

Why does her color matter?

Because he's a racist. The facts are MANY singers, of ALL colors, have "soul". Stevie Wonder was shocked to learn that George Michael was white. What is sad is even now, after all of this so called "progress", white and black racists still exist.

Forum List

Back