white silence = racism

" How the fuck does that make sense? "

It doesnt make sense. White racism has never made sense.

Black Racism has never made sense, but you practice it daily on this site, what’s your excuse?
My excuse for what?

, you obviously can’t comprehend, you practice racism everyday on this site...
I'm Black. I dont have the power to practice racism.
BULLSHIT!!!
Is that your real name or are you signaling that you disagree?

I disagree with you.
Thats not my problem. If youre asking for an explanation I would be delighted to discuss this provided you can voice your disagreement and provide a basis of reaching an understanding and hopefully (but not necessarily) an agreement.

I can do that.
Lets dance. What is the definition of ism?

A practice, system or philosophy.
So would you agree that racism is a system that is based on race?

Seems to me more like a practice or philosophy then a system.
Explain your reasoning how its not a system. I mean the word system was the second definition of ism correct?

Yes. But a system is an interconnected framework with identical practices being executed by 100% of the system's inhabitants. There's no standardized flow chart for racism.
Thats patently false. If your system is set up to exclude say 10% of the inhabitants how are 100% of the inhabitants involved in its execution?

Now it's 'my' system? I was describing a system, like a closed loop circuit. When the circuit is completed, it moves 100% of the electrons to power a device.
It could be any system that deals with people. Like the judical system. The monetary system etc. In this case we are discussing racism which is a system based on race.
What kind of system is "racism"? Judicial deals with laws. Monetary deals with money. What does "racism" deal with?
Now here is the definition of "racism"..
  • The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
  • n.
    Discrimination or prejudice based on race.
  • n.
    The belief that each race has distinct and intrinsic attributes.
Now here is the definition "Systemic Racism?" But there is no "racism system".
Racism is the belief that groups of humans possess different behavioral traits corresponding to physical appearance and can be divided based on the superiority of one race over another.

Now I as "non-black"...do not disagree that LaBron James is far superior to me as a basketball player. No question. Not racist in that position.
But if I see LaBron James wearing a pair of pants like this... I don't feel superior...just sorry!
saggypants.png

Black Racism has never made sense, but you practice it daily on this site, what’s your excuse?
My excuse for what?

BULLSHIT!!!

I disagree with you.
Thats not my problem. If youre asking for an explanation I would be delighted to discuss this provided you can voice your disagreement and provide a basis of reaching an understanding and hopefully (but not necessarily) an agreement.

I can do that.

Explain your reasoning how its not a system. I mean the word system was the second definition of ism correct?

Yes. But a system is an interconnected framework with identical practices being executed by 100% of the system's inhabitants. There's no standardized flow chart for racism.
Thats patently false. If your system is set up to exclude say 10% of the inhabitants how are 100% of the inhabitants involved in its execution?

Now it's 'my' system? I was describing a system, like a closed loop circuit. When the circuit is completed, it moves 100% of the electrons to power a device.
It could be any system that deals with people. Like the judical system. The monetary system etc. In this case we are discussing racism which is a system based on race.
What kind of system is "racism"? Judicial deals with laws. Monetary deals with money. What does "racism" deal with?
Now here is the definition of "racism"..
  • The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
  • n.
    Discrimination or prejudice based on race.
  • n.
    The belief that each race has distinct and intrinsic attributes.
Now here is the definition "Systemic Racism?" But there is no "racism system".
Racism is the belief that groups of humans possess different behavioral traits corresponding to physical appearance and can be divided based on the superiority of one race over another.

Now I as "non-black"...do not disagree that LaBron James is far superior to me as a basketball player. No question. Not racist in that position.
But if I see LaBron James wearing a pair of pants like this... I don't feel superior...just sorry!
View attachment 346662

RACISM
  • Racism = race prejudice + social and institutional power
  • Racism = a system of advantage based on race
  • Racism = a system of oppression based on race
  • Racism = a white supremacy system

6ba887625e30a07e2b1ced7da47fda52.jpg

My excuse for what?

BULLSHIT!!!

I disagree with you.

I can do that.

Okay, so your take is racism is a system rather than a practice or philosophy. What do you feel is the purpose of such a system?
There is NO racist system. 13% of cops in USA are black. 13% of Americans are black. 26% of arrests are of blacks. Those are facts.
22 trillion dollars have been spent over the last 50 years on the War on Poverty and here is what several black people have said about it:

Screen Shot 2020-06-06 at 4.12.14 PM.png

The War on Poverty has arguably destroyed the black nuclear family,” said Project 21’s Christopher Arps.
“Roughly 75 percent of black children were born to a married two-parent family when the ‘war’ began in 1964.
By 2008, the percentage of black babies born out of wedlock numbered over 72 percent. Today, the rate of unwed motherhood in the black community is more than twice as high as among whites — and almost three times higher than before big government’s grand intervention. And all this comes at a steep financial cost. The federal government has spent an estimated $15 trillion dollars to end poverty. Government reportedly spent $20,610 on every poor individual and $61,830 per poor family in 2012.”

Screen Shot 2020-06-06 at 4.13.49 PM.png

“Fifty years ago, America began the War on Poverty,” said Project 21 Co-Chairman Horace Cooper. “Having spent trillions with little to show for it, it’s clearly time to declare a cease fire. After destroying generations of blacks and all but destroying the black family in total, it is time to try empowerment and personal responsibility.”

So now you still insist that BLACKS are disadvantaged?

But you insist that this is action is caused by "racism"?
saggypants.png

My excuse for what?

BULLSHIT!!!

I disagree with you.

I can do that.

Okay, so your take is racism is a system rather than a practice or philosophy. What do you feel is the purpose of such a system?
Such a race based system is put in place and maintained by members of the race that it was set up to benefit buoyed by the philosophies supporting the practice.

Okay, but it seems to me a philosophy and/or practice would have a similar outcome. You determining it as a system implies it is built-in. Is that what you're saying?

My excuse for what?

BULLSHIT!!!

I disagree with you.

I can do that.

Such a race based system is put in place and maintained by members of the race that it was set up to benefit buoyed by the philosophies supporting the practice.

Okay, but it seems to me a philosophy and/or practice would have a similar outcome. You determining it as a system implies it is built-in. Is that what you're saying?
Exactly. Look no further than the constitution. It was ratified by whites for whites. It was never meant to include Blacks or anyone other than whites and the people that put it into place were white.

My excuse for what?

BULLSHIT!!!

I disagree with you.

I can do that.

Exactly. Look no further than the constitution. It was ratified by whites for whites. It was never meant to include Blacks or anyone other than whites and the people that put it into place were white.

Women too. Do you believe misogyny is a built-in system too?

My excuse for what?

BULLSHIT!!!

I disagree with you.

I can do that.

Yes as well as classism.

My excuse for what?

BULLSHIT!!!

I disagree with you.

I can do that.

Yes as well as classism.

Classism I've give you. The other two, not so much. Not to disparage your point, but referencing a 230 year old document put together by white slave owners is living in the past a little too much for me. Your people weren't even considered humans but merely property for quite a time in our history. I'm a fan of our Constitution, but it would be pretty hypocritical of me to ignore some of it is obsolete to our current modern society.

Civil liberties have evolved and changed with individual groups, especially minorities and women. IMO, I just don't see any pro-racism agenda built into any current systems of government or private business. I see racism and prejudice as more a product of an individual than systemic.

My excuse for what?

I’ve known you’re black for sometime now...

Your race doesn’t excuse you from racism, all walks of life have the choice to be racist, you just proved it...

Change this and you can become less of a racist, because all you are doing is keeping it alive...
I didnt say my race excused me from racism. I see it every single day as a Black man. I said I dont have the power to practice racism. Obviously you have no clue what the difference is in those two statements.

You have a very limited memory, your words are “ I’m Black”, this alone qualifies your position as well, over the years you have made your racism clear....

My excuse for what?

BULLSHIT!!!

I disagree with you.

I can do that.

Yes as well as classism.

Are we still verbal powwowing? I hope we can still continue our discussion.

My excuse for what?

BULLSHIT!!!

I disagree with you.

I can do that.

Yes as well as classism.

Classism I've give you. The other two, not so much. Not to disparage your point, but referencing a 230 year old document put together by white slave owners is living in the past a little too much for me. Your people weren't even considered humans but merely property for quite a time in our history. I'm a fan of our Constitution, but it would be pretty hypocritical of me to ignore some of it is obsolete to our current modern society.

Civil liberties have evolved and changed with individual groups, especially minorities and women. IMO, I just don't see any pro-racism agenda built into any current systems of government or private business. I see racism and prejudice as more a product of an individual than systemic.
I think you missed the point. That document put the race based system (racism) in place. I know you missed the point because you actually proved my point by saying that Blacks were not even considered fully humans. In the land of the free where the Blacks was enslaved. 3/5 of a man I believes the phrase? So here you have mention of their intention to subjugate one race by diminishing their humanity. It didnt come about organically. It was willfully put into place. Next we look at all the laws that were put into place to specifically benefit whites at the expense of Blacks and thats just one aspect of the entire race based system. I could write a book about all the other things that have occurred just in the legal aspect of this system. However we need to apply this to point we disagree on. Can you tell me anytime in the history of this country that Black people had the power to put into place a system that benefited Black people at the expense of white people? You cant because that opportunity has never been available.

My excuse for what?

BULLSHIT!!!

I disagree with you.

I can do that.

Yes as well as classism.

I went to play some hoop

I think you missed the point. That document put the race based system (racism) in place. I know you missed the point because you actually proved my point by saying that Blacks were not even considered fully humans.

I simply stated a fact.

In the land of the free where the Blacks was enslaved. 3/5 of a man I believes the phrase?

I believe that is correct.

So here you have mention of their intention to subjugate one race by diminishing their humanity. It didnt come about organically. It was willfully put into place.

No argument.

Next we look at all the laws that were put into place to specifically benefit whites at the expense of Blacks and thats just one aspect of the entire race based system.

Can you give me an example? Like a statute, or something? It would be very helpful to this discussion and I'd really appreciate it.

However we need to apply this to point we disagree on. Can you tell me anytime in the history of this country that Black people had the power to put into place a system that benefited Black people at the expense of white people?

No, I can't, because I believe that actually would be the definition of systemic racism. Did you think I'm not capable of understanding that? I can only hope not. You likely know American history and it's inherent history of racism just as much as I do, so let's not insult each other's intelligence, okay?

"Black people had the power to put into place a system that benefited Black people at the expense of white people"

Is that not the practice of racism?

Let's say a scenario like yours get a foothold. We'll say a majority black caucus proposes a law to do just what you say. They get approval from Congress, and bam!, It's the law. So now, that would theoretically put black people in a place to legally oppress white people, making you the <insert skin color> supremacist oppressor. Is that the goal? Two wrongs will make it right?

Having a historical chip on your shoulder so large that at the end of the day you wish to oppress in exactly the same fashion as your past oppressors doesn't equal progress to me. Actually it seems counterproductive to a functioning society, but that's just my humble opinion.

We all have our hangups.

My excuse for what?

BULLSHIT!!!

I disagree with you.

I can do that.

Yes as well as classism.

I think you missed the point. That document put the race based system (racism) in place. I know you missed the point because you actually proved my point by saying that Blacks were not even considered fully humans. In the land of the free where the Blacks was enslaved. 3/5 of a man I believes the phrase? So here you have mention of their intention to subjugate one race by diminishing their humanity. It didnt come about organically. It was willfully put into place. Next we look at all the laws that were put into place to specifically benefit whites at the expense of Blacks and thats just one aspect of the entire race based system. I could write a book about all the other things that have occurred just in the legal aspect of this system. However we need to apply this to point we disagree on. Can you tell me anytime in the history of this country that Black people had the power to put into place a system that benefited Black people at the expense of white people? You cant because that opportunity has never been available.
the 3/5ths clause was only for census and it also paved the way to end slavery,,, cause without it its possible blacks would still be slaves of democrats,,,

learn your history or be doomed to repeat it,,

My excuse for what?

BULLSHIT!!!

I disagree with you.

I can do that.

Yes as well as classism.

I went to play some hoop

Cool, no worries. Sounds like a better time then I'm having. I'm mowing and pulling weeds in between my USMB nonsense. The backside of my property has enjoyed spring a bit too much, and I got lax. :04: It's looking much better now, but I'm drenched in sweat.

I think you missed the point. That document put the race based system (racism) in place. I know you missed the point because you actually proved my point by saying that Blacks were not even considered fully humans.

I simply stated a fact.

In the land of the free where the Blacks was enslaved. 3/5 of a man I believes the phrase?

So here you have mention of their intention to subjugate one race by diminishing their humanity. It didnt come about organically. It was willfully put into place.

No argument.

Next we look at all the laws that were put into place to specifically benefit whites at the expense of Blacks and thats just one aspect of the entire race based system.

Can you give me an example? Like a statute, or something? It would be very helpful to this discussion and I'd really appreciate it.

However we need to apply this to point we disagree on. Can you tell me anytime in the history of this country that Black people had the power to put into place a system that benefited Black people at the expense of white people?

No, I can't, because I believe that actually would be the definition of systemic racism. Did you think I'm not capable of understanding that? I can only hope not. You likely know American history and it's inherent history of racism just as much as I do, so let's not insult each other's intelligence, okay?

"Black people had the power to put into place a system that benefited Black people at the expense of white people"

Let's say a scenario like yours get a foothold. We'll say a majority black caucus proposes a law to do just what you say. They get approval from Congress, and bam!, It's the law. So now, that would theoretically put black people in a place to legally oppress white people, making you the <insert skin color> supremacist oppressor. Is that the goal? Two wrongs will make it right?

Having a historical chip on your shoulder so large that at the end of the day you wish to oppress in exactly the same fashion as your past oppressors doesn't equal progress to me. Actually it seems counterproductive to a functioning society, but that's just my humble opinion.

We all have our hangups.

You can take your pick from a lot of laws like the laws that punished crack users more harshly than powdered cocaine user all the way back to the Black Codes and Jim Crow Laws and even further back to when it was illegal to make a white person a slave or the one that said if your mother was a slave then you were going to be a slave for the rest of your life.

"They get approval from Congress, and bam!, It's the law. "

Who controls congress? White people or Black people?

I didnt say that was the goal. What I am saying is that Black people will never have that power. We lack the power, numbers, and resources to implement a system that benefits us over another race.

I simply stated a fact.

No argument.

We all have our hangups.

You can take your pick from a lot of laws like the laws that punished crack users more harshly than powdered cocaine user all the way back to the Black Codes and Jim Crow Laws.

"They get approval from Congress, and bam!, It's the law. "

Who controls congress? White people or Black people?

I didnt say that was the goal. What I am saying is that Black people will never have that power. We lack the power, numbers, and resources to implement a system that benefits us over another race.
those laws were pushed by black ;leaders and passed by democrat politicians,,,

Forum List

Back