White Protestant Nationalists still hate Catholics

I was saved but I don't believe in JC anymore, unless you mean Julius Caesar.

Those stupid people knock on my door and said I wasn't saved. And that was not the only experience I had with those stupid people.

If you were saved, then you still are. Salvation is not something you can walk in and out of, like a revolving door. I try to never presume what is in another person's heart, because only God knows that for sure, but one thing is for sure....you can't go from being saved to unsaved. Typically atheists or others who make that claim show all the signs of never being saved in the first place.

If you were saved, then you still are. Salvation is not something you can walk in and out of, like a revolving door.
Prodigal son. One can walk away. And return. Or not.

The story of the prodigal son does not prove that one can lose and regain their salvation. Of course people can walk away for a time, I never claimed otherwise. The prodigal son story is about God welcoming us with open arms as a loving father would. God's mercy and forgiveness applies to both those who already were saved and just left for a time.... and for those who have never been saved in the first place. (Some would argue that there's a limit to that, but that's another discussion.)

You can't go from being spiritually born to unborn - in the same way that a baby can't go from being physically born to going back into the womb. This, to me, is one of the biggest problems with Catholics. Many seem to not understand the basics of salvation.

I think a difference between a Christian and a Catholic is how they live their religion. I feel that Christians are very much up front with their beliefs. Catholics tend to shelf their views. Or lets say that a Christian has primarily one view ---- while a Catholic likely has a personal view and a social view. In other words, the Christian kid is likely the one who raises his hand in class and questions the validity of gay marriage during Social Studies, while a Catholic classmate mutters, "Oh, here we go again..."

A little bit too upfront all the time. When I think about born again, and Christ took all of our sins I almost puke.
Well, see ---- perhaps you are not saved. I feel that Christ is the most important thing we have. Do you believe that or not?

Those stupid people knock on my door and said I wasn't saved. And that was not the only experience I had with those stupid people.
Sorry, but I don't find losing one's salvation is an option. One is either saved or not saved. If someone decides to chuck it all away for whatever reason, then it is unlikely that individual was ever saved at all. Simply put, salvation isn't a bed of roses with everything going perfectly swell in this lifetime. There are going to be trials and tribulations, and frankly all Christians should be well aware of this fact. People who believe that once a Christian everything is going to be sweet and lovely are in for a rude awakening. People are not stupid. Oh, someone may say something someone else doesn't wish to hear, but that is the thing discussions are made of. I'm sorry that you feel as though your were somehow disrespected; however, GOD likely sent them your way. There is nothing worse than living a lie or believing one thing but finding out later your were headed in the wrong direction. Alter boys and choir members don't go to heaven because they are appreciated by the bishop for the job they do. Salvation is a very intimate thing ---- one will know it when it happens. Things are simply never the same again.

If you were saved, then you still are. Salvation is not something you can walk in and out of, like a revolving door.
Prodigal son. One can walk away. And return. Or not.
Remember, the Prodigal son never stopped being the man son. Also, you may wish to consider the brother who never left the nest. It is very revealing. The one son came to realize the mistake he made and learned from it, while the brother was self absorbed and lacked consideration for either his brother or what his father had gone through... The story is more that just a man sowing his wild oats and later regretting it. He came to realize that even his fathers servants were treated far better than he was when his drawing card ran out... The father's love was unconditional, while the elder brother's love was conditional.

You can't go from being spiritually born to unborn - in the same way that a baby can't go from being physically born to going back into the womb. This, to me, is one of the biggest problems with Catholics. Many seem to not understand the basics of salvation.
"Once "saved" always "saved" may be perplexing to Catholics. "Saved" isn't a word commonly used. Catholics think more in terms of redemption, and that Christ is our salvation. The reason Christ is our salvation is his way is obedience to the Father. When we fail in this, our sins are forgiven. Catholics do believe in one baptism where one enters into the Body of Christ (Christ is our salvation, our Way of life).

Jesus mentioned that those who just pay lip service, "Lord-Lord" will be told, "I never knew you. I believe it was John, in Revelation, who noted dire consequences for those who turned from Christ, denied him, to save their own life. Then there is the case of Judas. There is the Parable of the Ten Virgins, all of whom started out just fine, but some who ended up getting locked out. Jesus talks of the narrow way, and "Once saved always saved" seems far from that narrow way.

Just as the physically born can go from being very healthy to doing things that make them quite unhealthy works in our spiritual life as well. We can go from being spiritually healthy to being spiritually unhealthy, and I do not see how "Once saved always saved" prevents that. Catholics believe life in Christ and walking in His way is the only way to maintain spiritual health. Baptism is our beginning, our entrance into the Body of Christ who is our Way, our Truth, our Life.

"Once saved always saved" in comparison to that is...perplexing.

Remember, the Prodigal son never stopped being the man son. Also, you may wish to consider the brother who never left the nest. It is very revealing. The one son came to realize the mistake he made and learned from it, while the brother was self absorbed and lacked consideration for either his brother or what his father had gone through... The story is more that just a man sowing his wild oats and later regretting it. He came to realize that even his fathers servants were treated far better than he was when his drawing card ran out... The father's love was unconditional, while the elder brother's love was conditional.
How do Protestants look at the story from the once saved, always saved perspective. Was the son saved before he left, or once he decided to return home?

The Catholic perspective is, Sins are forgiven. Those of the second son, those of the eldest son.

Salvation is not something you can walk in and out of
Or, Salvation is a Way of life...one can remain on the way of salvation or one can decide to turn to evil. Keep in mind most who turn to atheism are not turning to evil. For many, religion can be a stumbling stone.

"Once "saved" always "saved" may be perplexing to Catholics. "Saved" isn't a word commonly used. Catholics think more in terms of redemption, and that Christ is our salvation. The reason Christ is our salvation is his way is obedience to the Father. When we fail in this, our sins are forgiven. Catholics do believe in one baptism where one enters into the Body of Christ (Christ is our salvation, our Way of life).

Jesus mentioned that those who just pay lip service, "Lord-Lord" will be told, "I never knew you. I believe it was John, in Revelation, who noted dire consequences for those who turned from Christ, denied him, to save their own life. Then there is the case of Judas. There is the Parable of the Ten Virgins, all of whom started out just fine, but some who ended up getting locked out. Jesus talks of the narrow way, and "Once saved always saved" seems far from that narrow way.

Just as the physically born can go from being very healthy to doing things that make them quite unhealthy works in our spiritual life as well. We can go from being spiritually healthy to being spiritually unhealthy, and I do not see how "Once saved always saved" prevents that. Catholics believe life in Christ and walking in His way is the only way to maintain spiritual health. Baptism is our beginning, our entrance into the Body of Christ who is our Way, our Truth, our Life.

If a person truly trusted in Christ, then he cannot lose his salvation. He will lose rewards and experience serious consequences in this life, sometimes even the sin unto physical death, but since our salvation is based on the finished work of Christ, we are kept by the power of God and His sovereign work. Several passages stress this.

Romans 8:32-39 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things? 33 Who will bring a charge against God’s elect? God is the one who justifies; 34 who is the one who condemns? Christ Jesus is He who died, yes, rather who was raised, who is at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 Just as it is written, “For Thy sake we are being put to death all day long; We were considered as sheep to be slaughtered.” 37 But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
The emphasis here is that nothing—no condition or person, and this would include the person himself—can separate the believer from God. The conditions listed include height and depth which would certain have application to the depths of falling away even in unbelief.

We need to recognize that when someone abandons their faith, this is really the result of a process of sin. If we could lose our salvation, then in the final analysis, we would be saved by not sinning or by works.

Another passage that bears on this is 2 Tim. 2:10-13.

10 For this reason I endure all things for the sake of those who are chosen, that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus and with it eternal glory. 11 It is a trustworthy statement: For if we died with Him, we shall also live with Him; 12 If we endure, we shall also reign with Him; If we deny Him, He also will deny us; 13 If we are faithless, He remains faithful; for He cannot deny Himself.

Last edited:
Now in Matthew 7:22 consider what is not said by those rejected by the Lord!
"Many will say to Me in that the day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons and in your name perform many miracles?'

There is no mention of the atoning grace of CHRIST upon the cross. They are actually saying, "But Lord, Lord, didn't WE DO this and didn't WE DO that, and didn't WE PUT ON A SHOW?" It's all about what THEY DID and this is how they worshiped GOD without accepting HIS WORK!

To put it another way: Have you ever been to or seen photographs of the Sistine Chapel ceiling. It is a marvelous work, a stupendous work. I can hardly imagine that Michelangelo could have painted such a ceiling without a feeling of humility towards GOD ALMIGHTY power, love and salvation for man. But let's just say Michelangelo comes to the pearly gates and Jesus is there. And say Jesus asks, "Tell me, why should I let you in?" Now, again I can hardly imagine Michelangelo saying such, but suppose he said, "Well, Lord, didn't paint a most stupendous ceiling in your honor? Wasn't I a fabulous artist? Didn't I sculpt Bible characters that brought art critics to tears in your name?" What do you imagine Jesus would say to that? Frankly, I fully believe that the passage in question was/is to get disciples thinking about their own emphasis. The emphasis should be to GOD and not one's own abilities. It's as simple as that. Nothing wrong with doing things; however, that doing isn't what saves. And Christians need to understand this, and be reminded of this continuously.

Last edited:
I think a difference between a Christian and a Catholic is how they live their religion. I feel that Christians are very much up front with their beliefs. Catholics tend to shelf their views. Or lets say that a Christian has primarily one view ---- while a Catholic likely has a personal view and a social view. In other words, the Christian kid is likely the one who raises his hand in class and questions the validity of gay marriage during Social Studies, while a Catholic classmate mutters, "Oh, here we go again..."

A little bit too upfront all the time. When I think about born again, and Christ took all of our sins I almost puke.
Well, see ---- perhaps you are not saved. I feel that Christ is the most important thing we have. Do you believe that or not?

Sorry, but I don't find losing one's salvation is an option. One is either saved or not saved. If someone decides to chuck it all away for whatever reason, then it is unlikely that individual was ever saved at all. Simply put, salvation isn't a bed of roses with everything going perfectly swell in this lifetime. There are going to be trials and tribulations, and frankly all Christians should be well aware of this fact. People who believe that once a Christian everything is going to be sweet and lovely are in for a rude awakening. People are not stupid. Oh, someone may say something someone else doesn't wish to hear, but that is the thing discussions are made of. I'm sorry that you feel as though your were somehow disrespected; however, GOD likely sent them your way. There is nothing worse than living a lie or believing one thing but finding out later your were headed in the wrong direction. Alter boys and choir members don't go to heaven because they are appreciated by the bishop for the job they do. Salvation is a very intimate thing ---- one will know it when it happens. Things are simply never the same again.
That was 10 years ago, no one comes to my door and says I'm not saved because they are stupid. Well I started listening to sermons from Prots, Evans, Fundies, and reading the history of the eras :

For I have seen a certain man of my own country, whose name was Eleazar, releasing people that were demoniacal in the presence of Vespasian, and his sons, and his Captains, and the whole multitude of his soldiers: the manner of the cure was this: he put a ring that had a root of one of those sorts mentioned by Solomon to the nostrils of the demoniack: after which he drew out the demon through his nostrils: and when the man fell down immediately, he abjured him to return into him no more: making still mention of Solomon, and reciting the incantations which he composed. And when Eleazar would persuade and demonstrate to the spectators that he had such a power, he set a little way off a cup or bason full of water, and commanded the demon, as he went out of the man, to overturn it; and thereby to let the spectators know that he had left the man.

Josephus: Antiquities of the Jews, Book VIII

chapter 2-paragraft 5, sec 6

Is this your Jesus??
War of the Jews, Book VI, Chapt 5, 3

But, what is still more terrible, there was one Jesus, the son of Ananus, a plebeian and a

husbandman, who, four years before the war began, and at a time when the city was in very

great peace and prosperity, came to that feast whereon it is our custom for every one to make

tabernacles to God in the temple, (23) began on a sudden to cry aloud, "A voice from the east, a

voice from the west, a voice from the four winds, a voice against Jerusalem and the holy house,

a voice against the bridegrooms and the brides, and a voice against this whole people!"
This was

his cry, as he went about by day and by night, in all the lanes of the city. However, certain of the

most eminent among the populace had great indignation at this dire cry of his, and took up the

man, and gave him a great number of severe stripes; yet did not he either say any thing for

himself, or any thing peculiar to those that chastised him, but still went on with the same words

which he cried before. Hereupon our rulers, supposing, as the case proved to be, that this was a

sort of divine fury in the man, brought him to the Roman procurator, where he was whipped till

his bones were laid bare; yet he did not make any supplication for himself, nor shed any tears,

but turning his voice to the most lamentable tone possible, at every stroke of the whip his

answer was, "Woe, woe to Jerusalem!" And when Albinus (for he was then our procurator)

asked him, Who he was? and whence he came? and why he uttered such words? he made no

manner of reply to what he said, but still did not leave off his melancholy ditty, till Albinus took

him to be a madman, and dismissed him. Now, during all the time that passed before the war

began, this man did not go near any of the citizens, nor was seen by them while he said so; but

he every day uttered these lamentable words, as if it were his premeditated vow, "Woe, woe to

Jerusalem!" Nor did he give ill words to any of those that beat him every day, nor good words to

those that gave him food; but this was his reply to all men, and indeed no other than a

melancholy presage of what was to come. This cry of his was the loudest at the festivals; and he

or was it really Emperor Vespasian?
Vespasian, the new emperor, having been raised unexpectedly from a low estate, wanted something which might clothe him with divine majesty and authority. This, likewise, was now added. A poor man who was blind, and another who was lame, came both together before him, when he was seated on the tribunal, imploring him to heal them,3 and saying that they were admonished in a dream by the god Serapis to seek his aid, who assured them that he would restore sight to the one by anointing his eyes with his spittle, and give strength to the leg of the other, if he vouchsafed but to touch it with his heel. At first, he could scarcely believe that the thing would any how succeed, and therefore hesitated to venture on making the experiment. At length, however, by the advice of his friends, he made the attempt publicly, in the presence of the assembled multitudes, and it was crowned with success in both cases.4

I think Paul is Josephus and there might of been a walking talking preacher man named Jesus but most is made up fables.

If a person truly trusted in Christ, then he cannot lose his salvation. He will lose rewards and experience serious consequences in this life, sometimes even the sin unto physical death, but since our salvation is based on the finished work of Christ, we are kept by the power of God and His sovereign work. Several passages stress this.

Romans 8:32-39 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things? 33 Who will bring a charge against God’s elect? God is the one who justifies; 34 who is the one who condemns? Christ Jesus is He who died, yes, rather who was raised, who is at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 Just as it is written, “For Thy sake we are being put to death all day long; We were considered as sheep to be slaughtered.” 37 But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
The emphasis here is that nothing—no condition or person, and this would include the person himself—can separate the believer from God. The conditions listed include height and depth which would certain have application to the depths of falling away even in unbelief.

We need to recognize that when someone abandons their faith, this is really the result of a process of sin. If we could lose our salvation, then in the final analysis, we would be saved by not sinning or by works.

Another passage that bears on this is 2 Tim. 2:10-13.

10 For this reason I endure all things for the sake of those who are chosen, that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus and with it eternal glory. 11 It is a trustworthy statement: For if we died with Him, we shall also live with Him; 12 If we endure, we shall also reign with Him; If we deny Him, He also will deny us; 13 If we are faithless, He remains faithful; for He cannot deny Himself.

Nothing could be further from the truth.
We need to recognize that when someone abandons their faith, this is really the result of a process of sin.

In the early 20th Century, they mocked Catholics. But I think thats what I noticed that they still hate Catholics. Or maybe not Catholics but the Pope and the Catholic Church. They mock the Catholic Faith. Joe Biden is only the second Catholic President of the USA, and one was assassinated before J.F.Kennedy.
As religion becomes less relevant the sectarian tensions will lessen. The world will be a better place for it.
1611574679746.png

In the early 20th Century, they mocked Catholics. But I think thats what I noticed that they still hate Catholics. Or maybe not Catholics but the Pope and the Catholic Church. They mock the Catholic Faith. Joe Biden is only the second Catholic President of the USA, and one was assassinated before J.F.Kennedy.
As religion becomes less relevant the sectarian tensions will lessen. The world will be a better place for it.
As the religions wane and the bad things of it you do not like are less relevant, so do the good things. The good things that kept the prices of everything to do very low.
Bullshit. Check out Belfast if you want to see the effects of sectarianism.
The division in Belfast isnt so much about the religion, but a way more about the ethnicity.
No , I think you have it the wrong way round. But I would be interested to hear your reasoning.

New Topics

Forum List

Back