White men shun Democrats.

Lost Soul

Sep 23, 2009
White men shun Democrats
By DAVID PAUL KUHN
First published in print: Saturday, March 27, 2010
Millions of white men who voted for Barack Obama are walking away from the Democratic Party, and it appears increasingly likely that they'll take the midterms elections in November with them. Their departure could well lead to a GOP landslide on a scale not seen since 1994.

Mobile AlertsGet school closing alerts on your mobile device.

For more than three decades before the 2008 election, no Democratic president had won a majority of the electorate. In part, that was because of low support -- never more than 38 percent -- among white male voters. Things changed with Obama, who not only won a majority of all people voting, but also pulled in 41 percent of white male voters.
Polling suggests that the shift was not because of Obama but because of the financial meltdown that preceded the election. It was only after the economic collapse that Obama's white male support climbed above the 38 percent ceiling. It was also at that point that Obama first sustained a clear majority among all registered voters, according to the Gallup tracking poll.

Read more: White men shun Democrats -- Page 1 -- Times Union - Albany NY

Looks like the Democrats are sunk in Nov and this mess called Obamacare will in fact become history when it gets repealed.

Poor dimocrats, they work so hard pissing off Americans only to get what the deserve.

That's pretty much what I've seen among relatives. The "union bubbas" who voted for Obama because Bush took the fall for the dem's engineered financial collapse (they protected Fannie/Freddie, and gave too many mortgages to the unqualified). The GOP wasn't blameless, but after seeing Obama and the dems in action, its the "lesser of the evils" in 2010 and 2012.

Last edited:
The OP just proves that White Men are rational beings who don't want to be represented by people who call them Evul Racists.

Just sayin'.

eh, I'm doubting these types of reports. I don't think I know any people that voted for Obama that are moving away from democratic party.

Real men vote Republican - or Libertarian. Always.

Sensitive men that like to cry, carry man bags (purses), dye their hair, and wear make up, vote Democrat or Green.

It is really as simple as that.

Such profound political analysis from Zander

The "union bubbas" who voted for Obama because the Bush too the fall for the dem's engineered financial collapse (they protected Fannie/Freddie, and gave too many mortgages to the unqualified).

WTF kiind of babble is this???

The "union bubbas" who voted for Obama because the Bush too the fall for the dem's engineered financial collapse (they protected Fannie/Freddie, and gave too many mortgages to the unqualified).

WTF kiind of babble is this???

Well Dodd and Frank certainly had their hands in the mortgage mess and good ol Slick Willy signed the legislation that actually removed the very sharp lines between banks, insurance companies and investment companies which led to the too big to fail companies that we ended up bailing out.

eh, I'm doubting these types of reports. I don't think I know any people that voted for Obama that are moving away from democratic party.

me either. because even if they have some disagreements (which normal people do have with their party), they know that the party of palin wasn't ever going to give them anyone to vote for.

no your right....but i know many that are seemingly moving away from Obama....lots of them feel like i do....he is not a very good leader....and right now....this Country needs one.....and there are none in sight....even long range sensors cant detect one.....

I suggest you go back and look at far Bill Clinton had fallen prior to the 1994 election and compare that to where President Obama is.

btw, repeal healthcare? That's a 2/3 majority to override a presidential veto. Dream on.

Clinton won in 1996 because he tacked to the center (consistent with his 1992 campaign as a moderate Dem) - and partnered with Gingrich on reforms. It also didn't hurt that Hillarycare failed.

Obama is doing the opposite. He ran as a moderate and is becoming more and more left in his policies, despite the fact that the majority oppose them. He has led no bi-partisanship in Congress and has forced a hugely unpopular health care bill on an unwiling public.

The only thing he and Clinton have in common is they are both the First Black Presidents.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Vel
I suggest you go back and look at far Bill Clinton had fallen prior to the 1994 election and compare that to where President Obama is.

btw, repeal healthcare? That's a 2/3 majority to override a presidential veto. Dream on.

we have until 2014 to do it

Forum List

Back