white loser lol

And that all that Jim Williams did. He simply acknowledged the sentiment that you expressed. I saw no apology in his statement.

The question then becomes, why does a personal statement acknowledging one's privilege trigger so many people, if not from guilt?

Because it is a program organized by a government and implies that all white people should be guilty of their existence.
Total nonsense, that implication is not there. You're merely projecting.
Have you ever considered writing a book about it, Tehon? I've even got the perfect title for you!

"Cuck like me"..

The man with a white beard, glasses and pleasant half-smile looks unassuming on the deep red billboard looming over the busy Saskatoon freeway. But to judge by the public reaction to his words, displayed in white block letters next to his portrait, you’d think this man was a rabble-rouser.​

It’s unintentional, of course. Jim Williams, the man in the billboard, is simply a Saskatoon resident who volunteered to share his thoughts on racism as part of the city’s anti-racism campaign called I Am The Bridge. In 2015, the Community Diversity and Race Relations office of the city’s community development department launched the campaign in response to the Truth and Reconciliation calls to action, specifically around anti-racism education.​

In the first phase of the campaign, the committee called on residents to submit videos of themselves answering questions about their thoughts on and experiences with racism, and what personal role they can play in ending it in Saskatoon. Williams was one of a few dozen culturally diverse volunteers to submit a video.​

Here’s what he had to say: “I am a white, heterosexual, able-bodied male: the most privileged demographic in human history. If I’m going to be the bridge to ending racism in Saskatoon or anywhere else, I have to acknowledge my own privilege and I have to acknowledge my own racist attitudes, and work through my discomfort.”​

The anti-racist ad that triggered a backlash - Macleans.ca

What a liberal pussy.

I can not deny I have had a privileged life and some of it is because of my skin color...

Should I apologize for it?

Nope!

Agree. We don’t choose our birthright. Why apologize for what is out of our control?

The flip side of it is that we should recognize that not everyone starts out with the same advantages.

There are no such programs. In ANY country. This narrative you spin here is a load of crap. Whites did some cruel shit up there that was wrong. So face the music of the song you wrote. You benefit from it and want to brag about how you did it. But you lack the morals to see how it was wrong. But you're real quick to point out other places as evil that did far less.

This program that is going on right now? That's where I'm from.

Of course white people did bad shit. So did black people. So did yellow people. All people have done bad shit. Get over it.

A society can only be just in its time. Being told that you are guilty because of your skin color is no different than being told your inferior because of your skin color.

No, that crap ain't going to cut it. There is no program created anywhere that makes whites feel guilty for existing. Now you start naming me the white countries colonized by blacks, browns and yellows. Whites today are still doing the same types of shit. And since nobody is telling whites to be guilty for being white it is not the same as being told you are inferior. And it's not the same regardless. What this program is doing is trying to help move your society to just. Why do whites control a nation they do not originate from? You don't want to face that and in order for your society to become just in your time, you have to.

So grow up. You don't get to do 300 years of wrong then have a tantrum because you're criticized for it. And don't tell that tired lie about how you didn't do it, because it's still being done.

That program is telling whites to feel guilty for being white. You choose not to see it because you're so warped by race and being a victim.

I've lectured at an HBU. The group I lead is mostly non-whites. I've hired more black people in my organization than the black people. I choose to see people as individuals, not based on the color of one's skin, which you seem to be obsessed with.

No it doesn't. And stop lying about seeing people as individuals, not the skin color. If you actually did that, you would not consider the program as teaching whites to feel guilty for existing.
What is it teaching then? I admit I have trouble with the concept that I am guilty for something I had nothing to do with, something that is vague and poorly defined but based on my skin color, not my actions. It seems to my mind a way judging me by race. I got educated, not by merit but because of white privilege. I was promoted, not because of my hard work but because of my skin color.

I see the opposite here all the time, where blacks (even our former president) Have their achievements diminished, not based on merit but skin color through affirmative action.

What I don’t see is any difference.

There are no such programs. In ANY country. This narrative you spin here is a load of crap. Whites did some cruel shit up there that was wrong. So face the music of the song you wrote. You benefit from it and want to brag about how you did it. But you lack the morals to see how it was wrong. But you're real quick to point out other places as evil that did far less.

Of course white people did bad shit. So did black people. So did yellow people. All people have done bad shit. Get over it.

A society can only be just in its time. Being told that you are guilty because of your skin color is no different than being told your inferior because of your skin color.

No, that crap ain't going to cut it. There is no program created anywhere that makes whites feel guilty for existing. Now you start naming me the white countries colonized by blacks, browns and yellows. Whites today are still doing the same types of shit. And since nobody is telling whites to be guilty for being white it is not the same as being told you are inferior. And it's not the same regardless. What this program is doing is trying to help move your society to just. Why do whites control a nation they do not originate from? You don't want to face that and in order for your society to become just in your time, you have to.

So grow up. You don't get to do 300 years of wrong then have a tantrum because you're criticized for it. And don't tell that tired lie about how you didn't do it, because it's still being done.
That billboard, that message, is trite verbiage cooked up by an intense group of academics and activists who can't take their heads out of their asses long enough to smell the coffee. I don't know what Toro is saying, but what I'm saying is LET'S JUST SPEAK ENGLISH HERE. If I hear that "I must check my privilege and my racism" one more time I'm going to vomit. Yes, it is meant well. I know that, but can we please get off the high horse with all this specious rhetoric?

Yeah, I'm lucky I was born white, and not poor, and in 1955 so I could take advantage of the many, many good people who have gone before me and made my life half way easy without trying real hard. I don't know what it is like to be black because I'm white. I read about it and I listen and I do my best to understand, but I'm not black or Native or Asian or any thing other than plain old WASP and I do the fuckin' best I can. I've been accused of saying racist things a few times in this hyper sensitive age, and I've learned from it, but it was never meant as disrespect. Do I feel guilty for being white? I don't think so. I DO feel uncomfortable and on pins and needles when I meet someone black or Native because I'm afraid of doing or saying the wrong thing and then I seem phony because I'm not relaxed and probably that shows.

We can all be a bridge. The government intervened to try and HELP but as always they sound like morons while real shit keeps happening. I don't agree with ignoring it when the people in an area are complaining of a lot of racism. But getting a hoity toity lecture about "checking white privilege" ain't the way to cut it.

The man with a white beard, glasses and pleasant half-smile looks unassuming on the deep red billboard looming over the busy Saskatoon freeway. But to judge by the public reaction to his words, displayed in white block letters next to his portrait, you’d think this man was a rabble-rouser.​

It’s unintentional, of course. Jim Williams, the man in the billboard, is simply a Saskatoon resident who volunteered to share his thoughts on racism as part of the city’s anti-racism campaign called I Am The Bridge. In 2015, the Community Diversity and Race Relations office of the city’s community development department launched the campaign in response to the Truth and Reconciliation calls to action, specifically around anti-racism education.​

In the first phase of the campaign, the committee called on residents to submit videos of themselves answering questions about their thoughts on and experiences with racism, and what personal role they can play in ending it in Saskatoon. Williams was one of a few dozen culturally diverse volunteers to submit a video.​

Here’s what he had to say: “I am a white, heterosexual, able-bodied male: the most privileged demographic in human history. If I’m going to be the bridge to ending racism in Saskatoon or anywhere else, I have to acknowledge my own privilege and I have to acknowledge my own racist attitudes, and work through my discomfort.”​

What a liberal pussy.

I can not deny I have had a privileged life and some of it is because of my skin color...

Nope!

Agree. We don’t choose our birthright. Why apologize for what is out of our control?

The flip side of it is that we should recognize that not everyone starts out with the same advantages.

That is very true but I try and have leveled the playing field for many in my life but I can not force everyone to do the same Coyote.

I just broke off a relationship of two plus years because she could not accept that I do not look down on my sister for being married to a black Puerto Rican or looked down on my adopted Filipina Sister for being martied to a black man.

Both men have served this country, worked hard and rose through life whole having the stack against them.

But

I also will never apologize for being born who I am. I have fought all my life and at times people catch my accent when in conversation and when they find out where I am from and who I am they all of a sudden act differently just because I am not the hillbilly they see me as...

What a liberal pussy.

Nope!

We do not all start off with the same advantages, true.

It all gets messy when racists attach the word to skin color rather than economics as well as denying the systems in place that DO very much give one group an advantage over others.

That billboard, that message, is trite verbiage cooked up by an intense group of academics and activists who can't take their heads out of their asses long enough to smell the coffee. I don't know what Toro is saying, but what I'm saying is LET'S JUST SPEAK ENGLISH HERE. If I hear that "I must check my privilege and my racism" one more time I'm going to vomit. Yes, it is meant well. I know that, but can we please get off the high horse with all this specious rhetoric?

Yeah, I'm lucky I was born white, and not poor, and in 1955 so I could take advantage of the many, many good people who have gone before me and made my life half way easy without trying real hard. I don't know what it is like to be black because I'm white. I read about it and I listen and I do my best to understand, but I'm not black or Native or Asian or any thing other than plain old WASP and I do the fuckin' best I can. I've been accused of saying racist things a few times in this hyper sensitive age, and I've learned from it, but it was never meant as disrespect. Do I feel guilty for being white? I don't think so. I DO feel uncomfortable and on pins and needles when I meet someone black or Native because I'm afraid of doing or saying the wrong thing and then I seem phony because I'm not relaxed and probably that shows.

We can all be a bridge. The government intervened to try and HELP but as always they sound like morons while real shit keeps happening. I don't agree with ignoring it when the people in an area are complaining of a lot of racism. But getting a hoity toity lecture about "checking white privilege" ain't the way to cut it.
You were born in 55?

I KNEW you were a young lady, not an old one!

I spent my first 6 years in a logging camp living two room cabin up 20 miles of gravel road. We had no tv, no washer or dryer and no dishwasher.

I would bet my bottom dollar that most of those accusing me of privilege had it better off as a kid

You were born in 55?

I spent my first 6 years in a logging camp living two room cabin up 20 miles of gravel road. We had no tv, no washer or dryer and no dishwasher.

I would bet my bottom dollar that most of those accusing me of privilege had it better off as a kid
I don't think that's what they mean by "privilege," Dog. It's the 'privilege' of you being able to walk down a city street without old ladies clutching their purse or neighbors calling the cops when you, as a newly moved in neighbor, unlock your front door. It's not something we even think about, because it isn't our life.

Of course poverty and the race issue intersect. I deal with and witness so many of the same issues among the poor whites I serve -- crime, generational welfare/poverty, trauma, dysfunctional stressed out families -- it goes on and on. But poor whites still have one advantage. You can put them in a nice outfit and teach 'em to speak proper and they've got that advantage of being white and not distrusted. At least that's the way I take it.

What a liberal pussy.

Nope!

We do not all start off with the same advantages, true.

It all gets messy when racists attach the word to skin color rather than economics as well as denying the systems in place that DO very much give one group an advantage over others.

I think that you can’t discount skin color along with economic status. And it isn’t racist to bring it up. Everyone throws “racist” around a bit too glibly. A good example of the disadvantage of skin color is in how black men vs white men tend to be treated in the criminal justice system, this is pretty well researched. So you can’t just say skin color has nothing to do with it.

We've all jumped to the issue of racism against blacks, but it sounds like the racism in Saskatoon might be primarily between Native Americans and whites. In the area where our reservations are, there is a whole lot of racial tension. It's pretty bad, actually. They keep things to a low simmer because this is Maine and we mostly just simmer, but it ain't relaxed, that's for sure.

And that all that Jim Williams did. He simply acknowledged the sentiment that you expressed. I saw no apology in his statement.

The question then becomes, why does a personal statement acknowledging one's privilege trigger so many people, if not from guilt?

Because it is a program organized by a government and implies that all white people should be guilty of their existence.
Have you ever considered writing a book about it, Tehon? I've even got the perfect title for you!

"Cuck like me"..
I am not the one who got triggered by a billboard in Saskatoon, jackass.

"Cuck like me"..
I am not the one who got triggered by a billboard in Saskatoon, jackass.
No, you are the one who wants white people to roll on their back and pee on their belly when a black person approaches.

Last edited:

You were born in 55?

I don't think that's what they mean by "privilege," Dog. It's the 'privilege' of you being able to walk down a city street without old ladies clutching their purse or neighbors calling the cops when you, as a newly moved in neighbor, unlock your front door. It's not something we even think about, because it isn't our life.

Of course poverty and the race issue intersect. I deal with and witness so many of the same issues among the poor whites I serve -- crime, generational welfare/poverty, trauma, dysfunctional stressed out families -- it goes on and on. But poor whites still have one advantage. You can put them in a nice outfit and teach 'em to speak proper and they've got that advantage of being white and not distrusted. At least that's the way I take it.
I lived in a very mixed neighborhood in Oakland for 15 years. It was solidly middle class. I never saw any white people clutching their purse and trembling around black people.

By the same token, I never had any black people ranting and raving about a day of reckoning coming for white people or promising to break my Jaw.

People were mostly friendly enough and polite to each other no matter the race, and while I encountered surly blacks like some we have in this forum, they were in the minority. There was also a neighborhood nearby known for its biker gangs _ think sons of anarchy _ and most people in my neighborhood avoided that one just as they did the ghettos south of mine.

It was all economic rather than skin color .

You were born in 55?

I lived in a very mixed neighborhood in Oakland for 15 years. It was solidly middle class. I never saw any white people clutching their purse and trembling around black people.

By the same token, I never had any black people ranting and raving about a day of reckoning coming for white people or promising to break my Jaw.

People were mostly friendly enough and polite to each other no matter the race, and while I encountered surly blacks like some we have in this forum, they were in the minority. There was also a neighborhood nearby known for its biker gangs _ think sons of anarchy _ and most people in my neighborhood avoided that one just as they did the ghettos south of mine.

It was all economic rather than skin color .
I don't agree.
It's nice your neighborhood in Oakland was so enlightened, though.

That program is telling whites to feel guilty for being white. You choose not to see it because you're so warped by race and being a victim.

I've lectured at an HBU. The group I lead is mostly non-whites. I've hired more black people in my organization than the black people. I choose to see people as individuals, not based on the color of one's skin, which you seem to be obsessed with.

No it doesn't. And stop lying about seeing people as individuals, not the skin color. If you actually did that, you would not consider the program as teaching whites to feel guilty for existing.
What is it teaching then? I admit I have trouble with the concept that I am guilty for something I had nothing to do with, something that is vague and poorly defined but based on my skin color, not my actions. It seems to my mind a way judging me by race. I got educated, not by merit but because of white privilege. I was promoted, not because of my hard work but because of my skin color.

I see the opposite here all the time, where blacks (even our former president) Have their achievements diminished, not based on merit but skin color through affirmative action.

What I don’t see is any difference.

First off, it teaches that others besides whites have done things. Coyote, whites are where they are now because of things you say you had nothing to do with. And this is not about teaching whites to feel guilty. That is what you have been race pimped to believe. In this complete teaching of history, the positive accomplishments of whites have not been ignored. I did not create white preference, the system did. Non whites are not the ones that created the term. A white female did. And I don't think you have any doubt that there is male privilege and specifically white male privilege. The facts support that just as the facts support white racial preferences. So do I complain about how men are being made to feel guilty? Do I endeavor to make the changes I am required to based on the facts I am shown? Or do I spend years whining in every forum available about how I should not feel guilty about what I didn't do like most of these guys do.

Institutional racism has been considered by the supreme court to be a continuing problem. This means whites today, right now, benefit only because of their skin color. As long as whites refuse to do what is necessary to completely end institutional racism, you are doing the same thing that was done in the past.

Coyote, things are not the same for blacks and whites. Racism has not ended, the method of exclusion is not as overt, but it still happens. Because of this, whites do get into college because of white privilege and do get hired and promoted based on skin color. It is a false equivalence to compare that to what you said in your last sentence.

So in the end, why do I have to learn I descend from people who were made to be slaves but whites think they have the right to feel butthurt because there are some not so nice events in their history?

Whites are the ones saying that oldlady. And that's certainly is going to be agreed with by blacks when whites keep telling us how much extra shit they think we get.

This is not some hypersensitive age. It is an age where non whites are tired of the crap. If you are scared of saying the wrong thing to a person of color, you need a self inventory. I have been in situations where I have been the only black surrounded by whites many times. I have never been Irish, British, German, etc., or any other thing but a black man and I never worried about saying something that would be disrespectful of whites. So why do some whites have that problem? Why is it that whites act like the world will come to an end if they can't say the n word to a black persons face?

I don't see anything wrong with that program. To many here anything done that has the goal of reducing racism in whites amounts to a make whites feel guilty about existing program. These guys here spend each and every damn day posting pages of overt racist garbage and yet they want to tell everybody how they should not be made to feel guilty for things they haven't done. While they are doing it.

When does the lying stop?

We've all jumped to the issue of racism against blacks, but it sounds like the racism in Saskatoon might be primarily between Native Americans and whites. In the area where our reservations are, there is a whole lot of racial tension. It's pretty bad, actually. They keep things to a low simmer because this is Maine and we mostly just simmer, but it ain't relaxed, that's for sure.

Yes there are problems in Canada between whites and the original nations.
Why would such tension exist?

What a liberal pussy.

Sounds like the message came right out of John Carpenter's They Live. Yes, I do wear my sunglasses, even at night.

What a liberal pussy.

Agreed. A liberal pussy.

Yeah, I'm lucky I was born white, and not poor, and in 1955 so I could take advantage of the many, many good people who have gone before me and made my life half way easy without trying real hard. I don't know what it is like to be black because I'm white. I read about it and I listen and I do my best to understand, but I'm not black or Native or Asian or any thing other than plain old WASP and I do the fuckin' best I can. I'
ve been accused of saying racist things a few times in this hyper sensitive age, and I've learned from it, but it was never meant as disrespect. Do I feel guilty for being white? I don't think so. I DO feel uncomfortable and on pins and needles when I meet someone black or Native because I'm afraid of doing or saying the wrong thing and then I seem phony because I'm not relaxed and probably that shows.

Whites are the ones saying that oldlady. And that's certainly is going to be agreed with by blacks when whites keep telling us how much extra shit they think we get.

This is not some hypersensitive age. It is an age where non whites are tired of the crap. If you are scared of saying the wrong thing to a person of color, you need a self inventory. I have been in situations where I have been the only black surrounded by whites many times. I have never been Irish, British, German, etc., or any other thing but a black man and I never worried about saying something that would be disrespectful of whites. So why do some whites have that problem? Why is it that whites act like the world will come to an end if they can't say the n word to a black persons face?

I don't see anything wrong with that program. To many here anything done that has the goal of reducing racism in whites amounts to a make whites feel guilty about existing program. These guys here spend each and every damn day posting pages of overt racist garbage and yet they want to tell everybody how they should not be made to feel guilty for things they haven't done. While they are doing it.

You want to dictate how others should feel, what they should say, and how they should live so you can support your bigoted view against white society.

Not every white person need to apologize for the sins of their father and mother but you do demand they do.

In the Philippines the Filipino community was under the foot of the Spanish Empire and yet the Spanish do not apologize ever for their brutality against that nation.

Why am I pointing to the Spanish?

You see them as white but they are not truely white either seeing the were under Muslim control for centuries and are mixed with Middle East and African Blood.

So should the Spaniards apologize for their genocide of many cultures around the world?

No...

Why?

The Spaniards of today are not the ones that did the genocide just like the White Society of today did not enslave your ancestors.

Many people were wrong in this nation from Natives to Chinese to Mexican to Irish to African Blacks but you focus on just Black society mistreatment when I focus on all that have been mistreated.

So no I have no guilt at all because I was not born here nor did any of my ancestors own slaves but some partook in the genocide of Natives in countries like Canada...

I will apologize to them before I feel any guilt over what you feel is mistreatment...

Also the only reason why you want whites to use racist words like the N word is to justify your bigotry and when they do not you then taunt them because you fear some whites see you as what you are and that is a close minded individual...

Forum List

Back