White House Won’t Say How It Spent $1 Billion in Taliban-Controlled Afghanistan - State Department stonewalls watchdog looking into taxpayer funds

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
Well, what a shocker. And of course, the MSM and 99% of Democrats will have no problem with this.

What are they hiding?!?

The State Department says it will not comply with a government watchdog’s investigation into how more than $1 billion in U.S. taxpayer funds was spent in Afghanistan since the Taliban terror group retook control of the country.
The Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction (SIGAR), a government watchdog established in 2008 to perform oversight on America’s $146 billion reconstruction project in the war-torn country, announced that for the first time in its history, the State and Treasury Departments will not comply with its investigations.
"SIGAR, for the first time in its history, is unable this quarter to provide Congress and the American people with a full accounting of this U.S. government spending due to the non-cooperation of U.S. agencies," the watchdog disclosed in its latest report to Congress.
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID), which allocates American aid, "and the Treasury Department refused to cooperate with SIGAR in any capacity, while the State Department was selective in the information it provided pursuant to SIGAR’s audit and quarterly data requests."
SIGAR says the Biden administration’s refusal to cooperate with its investigation into the allocation of $1.1 billion in taxpayer funds since the Taliban regained power constitutes a "direct violation" of the watchdog group’s congressional mandate. The administration also is withholding evidence related to the collapse of the U.S.-backed Afghan government, as well as information about whether the State Department is complying with laws prohibiting the transfer of American funds to the Taliban. "No federal agency has challenged SIGAR’s authority to conduct oversight of such programs until now," the watchdog agency said.
The standoff is the latest controversy surrounding the Biden administration’s botched 2021 evacuation from Afghanistan, which left 13 Americans dead and thousands more stranded in the Taliban-controlled country. The administration also has stonewalled congressional investigations into the matter, including probes into its decision to abandon around $7 billion worth of advanced American military equipment inside Afghanistan.
"After more than a decade of cooperation, State, and USAID have for months now refused to provide SIGAR with information and assistance needed for several audits and Congressionally mandated reviews" into the "collapse of the U.S.‐backed government in Afghanistan," the report says. These agencies are also withholding information pertaining to their "compliance with laws and regulations prohibiting the transfer of funds to the Taliban."

Why comply when you know the laws don't apply?
All complying would do is expose their corruption & there are no consequences when the UNiparty breaks the law.

At this point, they do what they want & count on MSM Pravda to run a psyop on the sheeple.
This has worked for them for decades so why would they change tried & true tactics?

Let me guess. The Taliban put 10% into FTX crypto and it found its way back to the Big Guy or his party.

Why comply when you know the laws don't apply?
All complying would do is expose their corruption & there are no consequences when the UNiparty breaks the law.

At this point, they do what they want & count on MSM Pravda to run a psyop on the sheeple.
This has worked for them for decades so why would they change tried & true tactics?

I'm laughing at your outrage. You CHEERED when Trump refused to provide anything to the House. We're still waiting for an accounting of the PPE loans under Trump. The most corrupt program in American history.

I'm laughing at your outrage. You CHEERED when Trump refused to provide anything to the House. We're still waiting for an accounting of the PPE loans under Trump. The most corrupt program in American history.
Hey moron, you want those answers, go talk to whoever was running that program. That’s not Trump you Nazi loving loon. Shut up and keep your rotten ass in your own country.

Nope, check my posts. I said if Biden has done wrong he should be investigated and held accountable, unlike you Trump Humpers who think your Orange God can do no wrong.
I don't like Trump at all. The difference is I can recognize that the country was much better off with him in office than what we have now. I vote for country, not some party or other interest group. If the country is better off with someone I hate, I will vote for them anyway. Voting for party over country gave us the deplorable situation we are in now.

I don't like Trump at all. The difference is I can recognize that the country was much better off with him in office than what we have now.
Come on Trump Humper what would be different in this country today if Trump were in office. Some of these problems that we are struggling with today were created by that Orange idiot.
I vote for country, not some party or other interest group. If the country is better off with someone I hate, I will vote for them anyway. Voting for party over country gave us the deplorable situation we are in now.
That is almost laughable.

Come on Trump Humper what would be different in this country today if Trump were in office. Some of these problems that we are struggling with today were created by that Orange idiot.

That is almost laughable.
You really are an idiot. Not being a "Trump Humper" I don't take offense to your mindless drivel. Your second statement is surprisingly, for you, true. Some of these problems were created by Trump. Most of them, however, were created by Biden and some are even carried over from Obama. Of course to a closed minded one trick pony like yourself, you wouldn't recognize that.

You really are an idiot. Not being a "Trump Humper" I don't take offense to your mindless drivel. Your second statement is surprisingly, for you, true. Some of these problems were created by Trump. Most of them, however, were created by Biden and some are even carried over from Obama. Of course to a closed minded one trick pony like yourself, you wouldn't recognize that.
That is what your Orange God is, a one trick pony. One and done and sent down the road, you're a Trump Humper.

Every penny from around some time in around late 2001 early 2002 has been wasted. Sadly we don't have any investigations there.

Forum List

Back