White House Insists, Torture Is Legal

Psychoblues

Nov 30, 2003
North Missisippi
This coming from the leadership and party of values and morality.

"One more time, the White House has rolled John McCain. And one more time, the White House is ignoring Congress:
Key senators say Congress has outlawed one of the most notorious detainee interrogation techniques -- "waterboarding," in which a prisoner feels near drowning. But the White House will not go that far, saying it would be wrong to tell terrorists which practices they might face.

Inside the CIA, waterboarding is cited as the technique that got Khalid Sheik Mohammed, the prime plotter of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, to begin to talk and provide information -- though "not all of it reliable," a former senior intelligence official said.
Waterboarding doesn't work. Torture doesn't work. But, Bush doesn't care. He wants to torture terrorists. And, as far as Bush is concerned, Congress said he can."

http://americablog.blogspot.com/2006/10/white-house-we-didnt-really-outlaw.html

Conservatives should be ashamed.

Psychoblues

"One more time, the White House has rolled John McCain. And one more time, the White House is ignoring Congress:
Key senators say Congress has outlawed one of the most notorious detainee interrogation techniques -- "waterboarding," in which a prisoner feels near drowning. But the White House will not go that far, saying it would be wrong to tell terrorists which practices they might face.

Inside the CIA, waterboarding is cited as the technique that got Khalid Sheik Mohammed, the prime plotter of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, to begin to talk and provide information -- though "not all of it reliable," a former senior intelligence official said.
Waterboarding doesn't work. Torture doesn't work. But, Bush doesn't care. He wants to torture terrorists. And, as far as Bush is concerned, Congress said he can."

Psychoblues

I don't know where this blog got their info, but I'll tell ya, it DOES work.

Psychoblues

You're a liar.

Psychoblues

Torture doesn't work? I have a hard time believing that.

And sorry, I don't feel any shame in allowing our men on the front lines of this war the means to do whatever it takes to extract information out of terrorists. But you would rather give such terrorists an ACLU lawyer.

And just how would you know?

What Part of "Safe House" Doesn't Bush Understand?
In an act eerily reminiscent of the infamous “shock and awe” campaign that marked the beginning of Bush’s illegal and immoral war, two laser-guided bombs fell from the Iraqi sky yesterday, shattering the morning calm and killing 12 innocent civilians as they slept peacefully in their beds. By pure chance, one of them just happened to be Abu Musab Al Zarqawi, the former Jordanian journalist blamed for numerous “terrorist attacks” around Iraq. Zarqawi was using the home as a “safe house”, a place where he could relax away from the probing eyes and eavesdropping ears of an administration determined to infringe upon his constitutional Right to Privacy. After years on the run from the Great Satan, at last he could spend a little quality time with his wife and kids, toss a couple burgers on the barbie, and share a few brewskis with his buddies while sawing heads off an infidel or two. After all, that's what "safe houses" are for. But instead of a little R & R with his friends and family, Big Al got 1000 lbs of TNT dropped right onto his Nike high-tops.

It's hard to be surprised anymore by Bush's endless stream of atrocities. But how far have we sank as a nation, how far has Bush dragged us down into the gutter, when we don't even recognize the concept of "sanctuary" anymore? I suppose the Shrub will drop a daisy-cutter on a home for battered wives next. Or perhaps nuke another orphanage.

In his maddening stupidity, Bush insists this will "turn the tide" in Iraq. If anything, Zarqawi's murder will only perpetuate the Giant Circle of Violence. I'm not entirely sure what that is, but I know it's very, very bad - very, very round - and Bush is completely to blame for it.

http://blamebush.typepad.com/blamebush/terrorism/index.html

Psycho said:
Are you unaware that the 911 Commission referred to KSM as "the principal architect of the 9/11 attacks?" Psycho, this guy is by far the worst mass murderer in American history. He did not attack an Army base. He slaughtered innocent men, women, and children. Some jumped to their deaths to explode in bursts of blood and ruined flesh as they hit the ground. It is asserted by the CIA that interrogation techniques used against KSM prevented several terrorist attacks that would have killed hundreds, if not thousands, of Americans; including a plot to fly a passenger jet into the tallest building in downtown Los Angeles. Is your loathing of Bush so extreme that you will criticize those who saved lives by extracting information from a vicious mass murderer? If you were calling the shots are we to assume that you would have read this slime his Miranda rights? It is stunning that the left’s hatred of Bush even allows them to argue that sacrificing innocent lives is better than supporting Bush in the War on Terror. Good work Psycho. You have confirmed again why I would never vote for anyone representing extremist views like yours.

When are you going to stop setting up these straw men and actually deal with real issues?

No one supports torture. No one approves of torture. No one is engaging in torture. And your efforts to redefine torture to include rational and safe interrogation techniques and make claims of torture without any evidence do nothing to help protect our freedom or secure our nation.

And you wonder why you are called unpatriotic. Stop making up bs about your nation for political persons and maybe we wouldnt think you are so unpatriotic.

Talk to a real veteran and a real patriot that has endured torture. Talk to John McCain or if you prefer you can talk to me. Are you another one of those chickenshit warhawks, chickenhawks if you prefer, that speak out of your asses and have no personal experience in the mechanics of genuine warfare? Why was I taught the principles of the Geneva Convention while I was in Basic Training and reminded of them constantly for years? Was it a fucking joke? GWB never actually served or fought. Now he gets his juvenile revenge for even an expectation that he might? You have a hard time? Tough Shit. Where did you get the ALCU line? You sure as hell didn't get it from me. Polly Wants A Cracker? You stupid parrot. You are right. I never knew a parrot that admitted feeling shame. Braaaaaaack!!!!!!

Torture doesn't work? I have a hard time believing that.

And sorry, I don't feel any shame in allowing our men on the front lines of this war the means to do whatever it takes to extract information out of terrorists. But you would rather give such terrorists an ACLU lawyer.

Where in hell are the "front lines?" Wherever they are, why in hell aren't you there? You will grow yourself if you go there. Believe me.

Psychoblues

You are just a dumbass and a parrot. Read your own words and check the story for dates and accuracy. I'm glad that you weren't in my area of responsibilities during war. Oversights like yours get innocent and very good men and women killed very quickly.

Are you unaware that the 911 Commission referred to KSM as "the principal architect of the 9/11 attacks?" Psycho, this guy is by far the worst mass murderer in American history. He did not attack an Army base. He slaughtered innocent men, women, and children. Some jumped to their deaths to explode in bursts of blood and ruined flesh as they hit the ground. It is asserted by the CIA that interrogation techniques used against KSM prevented several terrorist attacks that would have killed hundreds, if not thousands, of Americans; including a plot to fly a passenger jet into the tallest building in downtown Los Angeles. Is your loathing of Bush so extreme that you will criticize those who saved lives by extracting information from a vicious mass murderer? If you were calling the shots are we to assume that you would have read this slime his Miranda rights? It is stunning that the left’s hatred of Bush even allows them to argue that sacrificing innocent lives is better than supporting Bush in the War on Terror. Good work Psycho. You have confirmed again why I would never vote for anyone representing extremist views like yours.

By the way? Why should I give a rat's ass about anything you have to say? You are obviously not intelligent and you admit that you don't do much. Are you pretty?

I don't do extremist in political venues. I vote for viable and deserving candidates. I've shared my voting habits many times here on the USMB. I guess you missed it. Were you simply attacking me because you could in this written rather than physical venue? Like a few others here, you are also a piece of shit that cannot discern yourself from shinola.

Psychoblues

Psychoblues

Read this, Avatar4321 and repeat to me what you just said.

"WASHINGTON - Vice President Dick Cheney has confirmed that U.S. interrogators subjected captured senior al Qaida suspects to a controversial interrogation technique called "water-boarding," which creates a sensation of drowning.

Cheney indicated that the Bush administration doesn't regard water-boarding as torture and allows the CIA to use it. "It's a no-brainer for me," Cheney said at one point in an interview."

more:

http://www.realcities.com/mld/krwas...ce=rss&channel=krwashington_jonathan_s_landay

If this isn’t enough for you, here is the transcript:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2006/10/20061024-7.html

When are you going to stop setting up these straw men and actually deal with real issues?

No one supports torture. No one approves of torture. No one is engaging in torture. And your efforts to redefine torture to include rational and safe interrogation techniques and make claims of torture without any evidence do nothing to help protect our freedom or secure our nation.

And you wonder why you are called unpatriotic. Stop making up bs about your nation for political persons and maybe we wouldnt think you are so unpatriotic.

Never mind. I just repeated it for you.

Straw men? You are the straw man. Watch it, I have a lit match!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Read this, Avatar4321 and repeat to me what you just said.

"WASHINGTON - Vice President Dick Cheney has confirmed that U.S. interrogators subjected captured senior al Qaida suspects to a controversial interrogation technique called "water-boarding," which creates a sensation of drowning.

Cheney indicated that the Bush administration doesn't regard water-boarding as torture and allows the CIA to use it. "It's a no-brainer for me," Cheney said at one point in an interview."

more:

http://www.realcities.com/mld/krwas...ce=rss&channel=krwashington_jonathan_s_landay

If this isn’t enough for you, here is the transcript:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2006/10/20061024-7.html

Never mind. I just repeated it for you.

Straw men? You are the straw man. Watch it, I have a lit match!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Image removed~edit.

Talk to a real veteran and a real patriot that has endured torture. Talk to John McCain or if you prefer you can talk to me. Are you another one of those chickenshit warhawks, chickenhawks if you prefer, that speak out of your asses and have no personal experience in the mechanics of genuine warfare? Why was I taught the principles of the Geneva Convention while I was in Basic Training and reminded of them constantly for years? Was it a fucking joke? GWB never actually served or fought. Now he gets his juvenile revenge for even an expectation that he might? You have a hard time? Tough Shit. Where did you get the ALCU line? You sure as hell didn't get it from me. Polly Wants A Cracker? You stupid parrot. You are right. I never knew a parrot that admitted feeling shame. Braaaaaaack!!!!!!

Where in hell are the "front lines?" Wherever they are, why in hell aren't you there? You will grow yourself if you go there. Believe me.

Psychoblues

So now you were a POW along with all the rest of the things you claim to be? Pray tell, how does an enlisted air force guy become a POW? The VC snatch you off of mess duty because they wanted to learn the secrets of cooking military chow?

You are human garbage, dude. A pathetic, lying, wannabe piece of trash who dishonors each and every person that ever served honorably in the US military.

Saving American Lives? Not in my Name!
A surprised interviewer got a glimpse at the face of true evil last week when Vice peeResident SElect Dick "Torquemada" Cheney, whose daughter is a lesbian, boasted that he would dunk a terrorist in water if it would save "American lives" of all things.

American lives? I cannot place enough exclamation points at the end of this sentence to adequately express my outrage!!!!!!!

Put aside for a moment that fact that American lives are not Cheney's to save; but are they even worth saving? Does a society that would sanction the dunking of an innocent terrorist for the sake of self-preservation even deserve to exist?

As a patriotic liberal who spent the weekend vainly hoping his underwear would dry through his pants, I couldn't live with myself knowing that somewhere out there someone was going through the same unspeakable torture just to protect the lives of people who are vastly inferior to me. I encourage other progressives who feel the same way to join their shrill voices with mine and demand that that no more terrorists are dunked, doused, drenched, or moistened in our names. The lives of the American people are simply not worth it.

http://blamebush.typepad.com/blamebush/

We have a president who believes it is OK to torture terror suspects.

What happens when the government decides that Jews or fundamentalist Christians or black people are terrorists?

Legitimizing torture for any reason sets a dangerous precedent. Allowing others to be tortured today, may lead to you being tortured tomorrow.

We have a president who believes it is OK to torture terror suspects.

What happens when the government decides that Jews or fundamentalist Christians or black people are terrorists?

Legitimizing torture for any reason sets a dangerous precedent. Allowing others to be tortured today, may lead to you being tortured tomorrow.

Spreken Ze Dooch, Rummy?
Rummy is gone at last, but he’s not forgotten. He has yet to stand trial for his crimes, and it appears that he will do so in a German court of law. Fitting, perhaps, for it was at Nuremberg that the last batch of Nazis were tried. I would much rather he stand trial here, preferably after being frog-marched out of the Pentagon and carted through the streets like the Hunchback of Notre Dame. But I no longer have any faith in our corrupt legal system. In a society where a poor Black man gets the death sentence for murdering one measly family while a rich white man sexually humiliates thousands of innocent Iraqis and walks FREE, one can no longer be assured that the hackysack of justice will be served on a level playing field.

That's why we so desperately need the International Criminal Court. Under the ICC, American leaders and military personnel who violate the Constitutional rights of suspected terrorists would no longer be permitted to hide behind the U.S. Constitution. It's a Living, Breathing Document, but it wasn't built to withstand the rampant abuses Repugnikkans have been inflicting upon it since Bush stole the election. The poor thing is stretched way too thin. It's high time we let the International Community take over our justice system, so that we can focus the full power of the Bill of Rights on more important matters - like protecting our children from Ten Commandments displays.

Perhaps one day we will have a President who cares less about U.S. sovereignty than she does about her standing in the court of World Opinion, and Rummy and the entire Bush junta will finally stand before Luis Moreno-Ocampo as our Founding Fathers intended. Until then, we'll have to put our trust in the Germans, a peaceloving people whose long-standing committment to human rights was only briefly interrupted by the unmistakable stench of burning flesh coming from the direction they carted all those meddlesome Jews off to.

http://blamebush.typepad.com/blamebush/

That's why we so desperately need the International Criminal Court.

No American citizen should ever be subjected to the jurisdiction of any international legal system. The day Americans have to rely on the international community to protect and defend the legal due process we take as our God-given right, is the day this country no longer deserves to exist.

If Rumsfeld(sp?) is guilty of anything, he should be tried in a U.S. court in front of a U.S. jury. People like you, who would surrender our rights to the likes of Germany, make right-wing lunatics we find on the internet look good.

New Topics

Forum List

Back