White guilt: THE ONLY reason Obama was elected

You are making it too complicated. My premise was that obama would have won if he ran as a republican using the same rhetoric that he used as a democrat.

Try it this way--------obama as a republican vs hillary as a democrat. Obama would take the same 98% of the black vote, and the same % of the white, asian, and latino vote.

Obama was going to win if he ran as the candidate of the chicago thug party.

the country and the media were determined to elect a black president and obama was in the right place at the right time.

I think you're wrong.

There are Republicans who will always vote Republican.
There are Democrats who will always vote Democrat.
There are Republicans who would always vote Republican unless someone was running who didn't fit their idea of what a president should be, ie, no blacks, jews, or other such groups.

The fact is, many of the Republicans who voted for Romney or McCain would have voted Obama, and there are many Democrats who voted Obama wouldn't have voted for him had he been Republican.

The black vote might just have gone towards Obama, but those you are claiming feel the guilt, I doubt at all they would have voted Obama.

In fact, with the Republican traditional base probably then voting Libertarian or for someone else, the black vote would have to fill that void, and I'm not sure it's big enough (I don't actually know, I haven't seen stats to suggest either way, just what I think right now).

The media wanted a guy who sells. Obama sells. Hilary doesn't sell. Simple as. She's old looking and looks worn out. Obama looks fresh and full of life. Simple as.

You say I'm making it too complicated. But it is complicated, you're dealing with things that wouldn't happen.

Simple fact from another time dimension, Obama would never have won the Republican candidacy. In fact no black person would have ever won the Republican candidacy before a US president was black. It could happen now, I doubt it will, but it could.
Same for women, Palin won't win, she just doesn't have the support.

When Palin was nominated I saw message board revisionistas trying to claim the RP had nominated the first woman on a national ticket. I actually had to educate these wags on who Geraldine Ferraro was. True story.

you are correct, RW. Obama won and the country lost-----twice.

Imagine that?

We lost by getting rid of the party that started two wars and led us into a global recession

Must have been "low information voters"

No, you lost by keeping that party in power. Democrats controlled congress when those stupid wars were started, they authorized and funded them. Democrats passed Dodd/Frank which destroyed the housing market.

but you are correct about low information voters electing obama.

How do you manage to get EVERY easily verifiable fact wrong in one post? The Republicans controlled both houses of Congress when we invaded both Afghanistan and Iraq. Also Dodd-Frank wasn't passed until 2010, well after the housing market crashed.

The best part is that you have the nerve to call others low information voters. Are you retarded?

Imagine that?

We lost by getting rid of the party that started two wars and led us into a global recession

Must have been "low information voters"

No, you lost by keeping that party in power. Democrats controlled congress when those stupid wars were started, they authorized and funded them. Democrats passed Dodd/Frank which destroyed the housing market.

How do you manage to get EVERY easily verifiable fact wrong in one post? The Republicans controlled both houses of Congress when we invaded both Afghanistan and Iraq. Also Dodd-Frank wasn't passed until 2010, well after the housing market crashed.

The best part is that you have the nerve to call others low information voters. Are you retarded?
Wow, you got balls calling low information. Senate in Dem control, 50 - 49 and 1 independent. You can always tell liberals from their liberal interpretation of facts.:D

Iraq Resolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wow, you got balls calling low information. Senate in Dem control, 50 - 49 and 1 independent. You can always tell liberals from their liberal interpretation of facts.:D

My apologies, I was looking at the makeup of the Senate when we invaded Iraq in 2003.

Like that "illegitimate" Jeep moving to China canard?

ShhxB.gif

Forum List

Back