White guilt: THE ONLY reason Obama was elected

The reason Obama won was because he was running against a Republican

Democrats laughed and said....Watch this, we can run a half black with a funny name and still beat the shit out of Republicans

They were right

No one said Obama won the white vote, but he got enough guilty whites to vote for him to win. There are others like yourself JoeB who thought they would be vindicated of racism if they elected a black guy. And of course there are other white parasites as well.

So, those who voted for McCain and Romney don't have white guilt, but those who voted Obama clearly do, in your opinion?

Can you in any way prove this? I mean, can you tell me what percentage of those whites who voted Obama has "white guilt"? Or are you just making it up out of thin air?

Democrats laughed and said....Watch this, we can run a half black with a funny name and still beat the shit out of Republicans

They were right

you are correct, RW. Obama won and the country lost-----twice.

Question for you on the left----------would obama have won if he ran as a republican?

If your answer is yes, then you will have proven the theory of the OP

Question for you on the left----------would obama have won if he ran as a republican?

Obama would not have run as a Republican, so your point is invalid.

Its a hypothetical, fool. and it is valid.

If obama ran as a republican he would have won, for the same reasons he won as a democrat-------------my point, it had absolutely nothing to do with party,, it was and is a cult of personality, coupled with white guilt, black pride, and a biased media.

They were right

I think that you are confusing Obama and Bush.

Bush was not great, but obama is terrible. you are the one who is confused.

Obama would not have run as a Republican, so your point is invalid.

Its a hypothetical, fool. and it is valid.

If obama ran as a republican he would have won, for the same reasons he won as a democrat-------------my point, it had absolutely nothing to do with party,, it was and is a cult of personality, coupled with white guilt, black pride, and a biased media.

Your are putting forth a premise that would never have happened, so I guess that you are the fool.

Two questions this brings up.

1) Would Republicans have voted for a black guy?
2) Would all those voters who voted Obama have voted for a white guy, or Hilary?

1) I'd say quite a few Republicans would have, but I'd say he wouldn't have won, because he'd have broken the Republican base which has some racists in it, clearly.
2) I think most, if not all those who voted Obama would have voted a good looking white guy. Hilary I'm not sure, but more because of what she looks like. There are some people who are more liable to change their minds, and clearly I can't comment about personal choice here, but if a good looking white guy had used the same campaign as Obama "change" then it would probably have been a similar result.
I'm not sure if Hilary could have won, but then the vote is very, VERY fickle, and I don't think people would vote for her if they're in the middle.

They were right

Imagine that?

We lost by getting rid of the party that started two wars and led us into a global recession

Must have been "low information voters"

No one said Obama won the white vote, but he got enough guilty whites to vote for him to win. There are others like yourself JoeB who thought they would be vindicated of racism if they elected a black guy. And of course there are other white parasites as well.

But here's the thing. Obama didn't get much more of the WHite vote than Kerry or Gore had gotten. In fact, his percentage of the white vote is kind of average going back to 1976. What is making the difference is that white folks are less of the electorate.

Let's review, shall we.

Obama-2012 - 39% of the White Vote. (72% of the electorate)
Obama 2008- 43% of the white vote (74% of the electorate)
Kerry 2004- 41% of the white vote (77% of the electorate)
Gore 2000 42% of the white vote (80% of the electorate)
Clinton 1996 44% of the white vote (83% of the electorate)
Clinton 1992 39% of the white vote (87% of the electorate)
Dukakis 1988 40% of the white vote (85% of the electorate)
Mondale 1984 34% of the white vote (86% of the electorate)
Carter 1980 36% of the white vote (88% of the electorate)
Carter 1976 48% of the white vote (89% of the electorate)

Incidently, I voted for McCain in 2008 because he was more experienced and wasn't part of the batshit crazy.

Unfortunately, in 2012, you guys nominated the guy who thought he was wearing Magic Underwear, and he was the least crazy guy you had.

They were right

Yup! And next we'll run Benghazi, and win again. :thup:

I've got a great idea!

Let's beat them with a WOMAN this time. Really rub their noses in it

They were right

Imagine that?

We lost by getting rid of the party that started two wars and led us into a global recession

No, you lost by keeping that party in power. Democrats controlled congress when those stupid wars were started, they authorized and funded them. Democrats passed Dodd/Frank which destroyed the housing market.

but you are correct about low information voters electing obama.

I think that you are confusing Obama and Bush.

Bush was not great, but obama is terrible. you are the one who is confused.

Not confused at all.

Frankly, under Bush, we sustained the worst terror attack, ever. (Would have been nice if he paid attention during those Presidential breifings), we got into two wars, one of which was based on a lie. We got two recessions that pretty much wiped out the middle class. A major city got washed out to sea because he nominted the HOrse Show Guy to run FEMA and he did a Heckuva Job.

Under Obama, yeah, unemployment hasn't declined as fast as we'd like. Economic growth hasn't been as great as we'd like, and what little htere has been the rich stole.

But here's the thing. Was I better off in 2008 than I was in 2000. Absolutely fucking not.

Am I better off in 2014 than I was in 2008. Absolutely. And most people, if they answered honestly, would say the same thing.

But here's the thing. Obama didn't get much more of the WHite vote than Kerry or Gore had gotten. In fact, his percentage of the white vote is kind of average going back to 1976. What is making the difference is that white folks are less of the electorate.

Let's review, shall we.

Obama-2012 - 39% of the White Vote. (72% of the electorate)
Obama 2008- 43% of the white vote (74% of the electorate)
Kerry 2004- 41% of the white vote (77% of the electorate)
Gore 2000 42% of the white vote (80% of the electorate)
Clinton 1996 44% of the white vote (83% of the electorate)
Clinton 1992 39% of the white vote (87% of the electorate)
Dukakis 1988 40% of the white vote (85% of the electorate)
Mondale 1984 34% of the white vote (86% of the electorate)
Carter 1980 36% of the white vote (88% of the electorate)
Carter 1976 48% of the white vote (89% of the electorate)

Incidently, I voted for McCain in 2008 because he was more experienced and wasn't part of the batshit crazy.

Unfortunately, in 2012, you guys nominated the guy who thought he was wearing Magic Underwear, and he was the least crazy guy you had.

Clearly shows white guilt, doesn't it, I mean, there are numbers next to letters, clearly white guilt, and yeah, white guilt, must be because, er..... because yeah, because they're racists and stuff.

Two questions this brings up.

1) Would Republicans have voted for a black guy?
2) Would all those voters who voted Obama have voted for a white guy, or Hilary?

1) I'd say quite a few Republicans would have, but I'd say he wouldn't have won, because he'd have broken the Republican base which has some racists in it, clearly.
2) I think most, if not all those who voted Obama would have voted a good looking white guy. Hilary I'm not sure, but more because of what she looks like. There are some people who are more liable to change their minds, and clearly I can't comment about personal choice here, but if a good looking white guy had used the same campaign as Obama "change" then it would probably have been a similar result.
I'm not sure if Hilary could have won, but then the vote is very, VERY fickle, and I don't think people would vote for her if they're in the middle.

You are making it too complicated. My premise was that obama would have won if he ran as a republican using the same rhetoric that he used as a democrat.

Try it this way--------obama as a republican vs hillary as a democrat. Obama would take the same 98% of the black vote, and the same % of the white, asian, and latino vote.

Obama was going to win if he ran as the candidate of the chicago thug party.

the country and the media were determined to elect a black president and obama was in the right place at the right time.

Imagine that?

No, you lost by keeping that party in power. Democrats controlled congress when those stupid wars were started, they authorized and funded them. Democrats passed Dodd/Frank which destroyed the housing market.

but you are correct about low information voters electing obama.

You have already been humiliated with your Dodd/Frank reference. Didn't you learn last time? Or do you just think people are stupid?

Dodd/Frank was signed in July 2010. A full two years after the start of the Great Bush Ressession

Last edited:

Forum List

Back