"White flight." Racist or not?

suplex3000

VIP Member
Nov 25, 2014
Georgia
"White flight is a term that originated in the United States, starting in the mid-20th century, and applied to the large-scale migration of whites from racially mixed urban regions to more racially homogeneous suburban or exurban regions."

My opinion- It's just another made up idea so racism can stay alive and white people can be blamed.

Why would it be even considered racist? People want to be with like people, you know birds of a feather..........

Personally, I think Hollywood has the right idea.After Ferguson, Al Sharpton, and Barack Obama, America is so in love with black people they want to see more of them in movies like James Bond and replace all of the white actors with black actors.

"White flight is a term that originated in the United States, starting in the mid-20th century, and applied to the large-scale migration of whites from racially mixed urban regions to more racially homogeneous suburban or exurban regions."

My opinion- It's just another made up idea so racism can stay alive and white people can be blamed.

In my case ... it was (is) self-preservation. One need not hate blacks to realize that blacks hate whites. One need not be racist to recognize that most of America's violent crimes are committed by young, black males. I didn't create that fact ... they did.

it's a free country, so in my view everyone has the right to live where ever they choose. however, it does seem to me that this particular issue is an example of running away from a problem instead of working to fix it.

eventually, we all will have to face the problem head on and figure out how to fix it - and i would think sooner is better than later (i.e. its time to stop running from the problem, figure out how to fix it, and then work like hell on the solution).

it's a free country, so in my view everyone has the right to live where ever they choose. however, it does seem to me that this particular issue is an example of running away from a problem instead of working to fix it.

eventually, we all will have to face the problem head on and figure out how to fix it - and i would think sooner is better than later (i.e. its time to stop running from the problem, figure out how to fix it, and then work like hell on the solution).
Not when you have to consider the security of your family. No one wants to put their family at risk for principal when you can just relocate.

Not when you have to consider the security of your family. No one wants to put their family at risk for principal when you can just relocate.
this is certainly true, but at some point, there will be no place left to run - so i hope we figure out how to resolve our racial issues before that happens because that would be utter chaos.

There were several causes of white flight. One cause that resulted in my family leaving Detroit was bussing. My sister was to be bused miles away for high school in a predominantly black area, yet there was a high school three blocks from our home.

How do you "fix" things when your kids are getting beat up in the inner city, unregulated, public schools? How do you fix things when you're at work and your house is being burglarized?

While white flight could be termed bigoted there is no way its racist. There is no disadvantage to Blacks if whites move away. If white people dont want to live by Black people let them move.

How do you "fix" things when your kids are getting beat up in the inner city, unregulated, public schools? How do you fix things when you're at work and your house is being burglarized?
The same way you fix things when your kids live in white suburbs and being bullied and beaten up. The same way you fix things when your home is being burglarized anywhere else?

plus they bring our real estate down.
I don't think if Lebron james or Kobe Bryant moved into your neighborhood the real estate prices would go down. If anything, they would go UP!
If Kobe moved to my neighbourhood, he would have to register with the sheriff and put a sign in his yard.
He would never move to your neighborhood. Pretty sure you couldnt afford to live in his neighborhood.

Forum List

Back