While the Truth Is Putting On Its Shoes

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
1. There is but the slightest possibility that truth can compete with lies as long as liars rule the media and the school system.
That title is from this adage:
A Lie Can Travel Halfway Around the World While the Truth Is Putting On Its Shoes

2. And nowhere is that more evident than in what is laughingly known as 'environmental science.' I mean, really....how many times are we gonna hear "We have only x number of years to save the planet, before all of humanity is doomed!! (...accompanied by a NYTimes headline 'women and minorities hurt worst!!!)

3. But....for specificity, note that today is the anniversary of one of those environmental science lies that is still weighing heavily on the human race, in terms of the cost of human lives.
1962: Rachel Carson's Silent Spring was published, and it became one of the most-influential books in the modern environmental movement.
Britannica.com

1601214280553.png

4. "Rachel Carson's "Silent Spring," which in 1962 exposed the hazards of the pesticide DDT, eloquently questioned humanity's faith in technological progress and helped set the stage for the environmental movement .Silent Spring meticulously described how DDT entered the food chain and accumulated in the fatty tissues of animals, including human beings, and caused cancer and genetic damage. Carson concluded that DDT and other pesticides had irrevocably harmed birds and animals and had contaminated the entire world food supply.
Silent Spring Summary | NRDC

5. On June 14, 1972, ....the EPA banned DDT despite considerable evidence of its safety offered in seven months of agency hearings. After listening to that testimony, the EPA's own administrative law judge declared, "DDT is not a carcinogenic hazard to man...DDT is not a mutagenic or teratogenic hazard to man...The use of DDT under the regulations involved here [does] not have a deleterious effect on freshwater fish, estuarine organisms, wild birds or other wildlife."
Today environmental activists celebrate the EPA's DDT ban as their first great victory.
Silent Spring at 40 - Reason.com

And therein we find, as President Ronald Reagan once observed: “The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”

1. There is but the slightest possibility that truth can compete with lies as long as liars rule the media and the school system.
A Lie Can Travel Halfway Around the World While the Truth Is Putting On Its Shoes

2. And nowhere is that more evident than in what is laughingly known as 'environmental science.' I mean, really....how many times are we gonna hear "We have only x number of years to save the planet, before all of humanity is doomed!! (...accompanied by a NYTimes headline 'women and minorities hurt worst!!!)

3. But....for specificity, note that today is the anniversary of one of those environmental science lies that is still weighing heavily on the human race, in terms of the cost of human lives.
1962: Rachel Carson's Silent Spring was published, and it became one of the most-influential books in the modern environmental movement.
Britannica.com

View attachment 393546

4. "Rachel Carson's "Silent Spring," which in 1962 exposed the hazards of the pesticide DDT, eloquently questioned humanity's faith in technological progress and helped set the stage for the environmental movement .Silent Spring meticulously described how DDT entered the food chain and accumulated in the fatty tissues of animals, including human beings, and caused cancer and genetic damage. Carson concluded that DDT and other pesticides had irrevocably harmed birds and animals and had contaminated the entire world food supply.

5. On June 14, 1972, ....the EPA banned DDT despite considerable evidence of its safety offered in seven months of agency hearings. After listening to that testimony, the EPA's own administrative law judge declared, "DDT is not a carcinogenic hazard to man...DDT is not a mutagenic or teratogenic hazard to man...The use of DDT under the regulations involved here [does] not have a deleterious effect on freshwater fish, estuarine organisms, wild birds or other wildlife."
Today environmental activists celebrate the EPA's DDT ban as their first great victory.

And therein we find, as President Ronald Reagan once observed: “The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
So you want to bring DDT back? :lmao:

Britannica.com

View attachment 393546

So you want to bring DDT back? :lmao:
And she wants to see how many species humans can destroyed per annum.

Ronald Reagan also once said that negroes were still uncomfortable wearing shoes.

PoliChic, you forgot to include the punchline...

The global banning of DDT (largely through U.S. international influence) has been responsible for the deaths of MILLIONS from malaria
in the third world, which could have easily and cheaply been prevented or minimized with DDT - which kills the mosquitoes that carry it.

Your point was missed.

Britannica.com

View attachment 393546

Good advertisement. Maybe, I'll read it sometime if I get bored enough. but thanks.

I remember, when I was a kid, the truck spraying DDT came down our alley quite regularly- "with specificity" as it were, the DDT coated the sugar in our open sugar bowl- I'm still here and have no cancer or related issues. I'll turn 73 in December. Anecdotal to be sure- factual none the less.

PoliChic, you forgot to include the punchline...

The global banning of DDT (largely through U.S. international influence) has been responsible for the deaths of MILLIONS from malaria
in the third world, which could have easily and cheaply been prevented or minimized with DDT - which kills the mosquitoes that carry it.

Your point was missed.

I hardly ever have one post prepared for a thread, and that was a point for a later post.

I presaged same in this from the OP:

Thank you for knowing that fact.

Britannica.com

View attachment 393546

Good advertisement. Maybe, I'll read it sometime if I get bored enough. but thanks.

Sounds like the explanation for your educational resume.

Thanks for the admission.

I remember, when I was a kid, the truck spraying DDT came down our alley quite regularly- "with specificity" as it were, the DDT coated the sugar in our open sugar bowl- I'm still here and have no cancer or related issues. I'll turn 73 in December. Anecdotal to be sure- factual none the less.

I have a family member who said the same thing!!!

Kids would run behind the truck and play in the 'fog.'

Bad News Travels Like Wildfire

One good one, deserves another.
<iframe width="727" height="409" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bad News Travels Like Wildfire

One good one, deserves another.
<iframe width="727" height="409" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If I have to listen to Country & Western music, I feel I should be able to pick the county....

I pick Brazil.

6. Rachel Carson and ‘Silent Spring’ represent the sort of Mobius Strip of Liberal ‘science,’ always the requirement of some sort of imminent catastrophe, some emergency that needs big government to save all of us!

The keys to understanding same are these two:

Antonio Gramsci, Italian Marxist theoretician and founding member and one-time leader of the Communist Party of Italy. Gramsci’s motto is that of liberals today: “that all life is "political."

And….

When you mix science with politics, all you get is politics.

The DDT ‘threat,’ and every other ‘environmental’ crisis is understood as simply the Left’s demands for crises:

“We began this experiment in 1933 under the pressure of an internal economic crisis. We continue and extend it under the necessities of a war crisis....It is born in crisis, lives on crisis, and cannot survive the era of crisis. By the very law of its nature it must create for itself, if it is to continue, fresh crises from year to year. …And our future is all charted out upon the same turbulent road of permanent crisis.” John T. Flynn, "As We Go Marching," p. 256

He wrote that in 1944.

One can only wonder how long dunces will be whipped into voting Democrat by that same tired ploy.

7. For Liberalism, good intentions are what matters- not results. Based on that doctrine, Rachel Carson is perfect as the eco-Liberal version of Mother Teresa.
Except for this fact: Millions of human beings are dead due to her influence.

British politician Dick Taverne was damning in his criticism of Carson:
Carson didn't seem to take into account the vital role (DDT) played in controlling the transmission of malaria by killing the mosquitoes that carry the parasite (...) It is the single most effective agent ever developed for saving human life (...)

Rachel Carson is a warning to us all of the dangers of neglecting the evidence-based approach and the need to weight potential risk against benefit: it can be argued that the anti-DDT campaign she inspired was responsible for almost as many deaths as some of the worst dictators of the last century.
Taverne, Dick (2005). "The Harm That Pressure Groups Can Do".
In Feldman, Stanley; Marks, Vincent. "Panic Nation."

8. Annual worldwide cases of acute illness due to malaria: 300-500 million
Annual worldwide deaths due to malaria: 1.1-2.7 million, mostly among children under five years of age Scams.info and Unmillenniumproject.org - Scams.info

a. Carsons book was dismissed in Science magazine as a prosecuting attorney's impassioned plea for action, not a book based on scientific data.
I.L.Baldwin, "Chemicals and Pests," Science, September 28, 1962, p.1042-1043.

b. Sixty million people have died needlessly of malaria, since the imposition of the 1972 ban on DDT, and hundreds of millions more have suffered from this debilitating disease. The majority of those affected are children.
Bring Back DDT!

Once again, an existential danger of Liberalism to mankind is revealed.
Liberals are impulsive, and imprudent. They believe in quick changes, and risk new abuses worse than the evils that they would sweep away....For such individuals, feeling often passes for knowing.

Human life just isn't their thing.

If I have to listen to Country & Western music, I feel I should be able to pick the county....

I pick Brazil.
You don't "have" to do anything except pay tithes to Uncle Sham and die- you can pick whatever "county" you choose- you still have to pay Uncle Sham his tithes and die- since NY is in the US, not South America, the translation loses a lot-

I pick Brazil.
You don't "have" to do anything except pay tithes to Uncle Sham and die- you can pick whatever "county" you choose- you still have to pay Uncle Sham his tithes and die- since NY is in the US, not South America, the translation loses a lot-

Trust me......mine is a lot more than a tithe.

Country and Western music is a lot like Mexican food: both have only three elements
One has dogs, beer and ex-wives, the other beans, beans and beans.

Country and Western music is a lot like Mexican food: both have only three elements
One has dogs, beer and ex-wives, the other beans, beans and beans.
Actually, Country Music has been referred to as, three chords and the truth- and a white man singing the Blues-

Marty Robbins sang about Jose, Villalobo, Thomaso, Vincente, Lopez- as well as El Paso- he mentioned nothing about beans, or dogs or beer or ex-wives- Johnny Cash is pretty well known for this little ditty

Ragged Old Flag

Billy Joe Shaver has a song titled, "We Are The Cowboys" that has a line, "cowboys are average American people, they're Texican, Mexican, black man and jew, they love this old world and they don't wanna lose it, they're counting on me and they're counting on you"- it goes on to say; the fighting will stop when we stop the bleeding- there're those who are blind so we'll all have to lead 'em, it's everyones job til we get the work done-

And there is this about Private Malone

But, never, ever think of expanding your knowledge- just keep believing you know everything there is to know and apply your prejudice where applicable-

New Topics

Forum List

Back