While the Truth Is Putting On Its Shoes

1. There is but the slightest possibility that truth can compete with lies as long as liars rule the media and the school system.
That title is from this adage:
A Lie Can Travel Halfway Around the World While the Truth Is Putting On Its Shoes

2. And nowhere is that more evident than in what is laughingly known as 'environmental science.' I mean, really....how many times are we gonna hear "We have only x number of years to save the planet, before all of humanity is doomed!! (...accompanied by a NYTimes headline 'women and minorities hurt worst!!!)

3. But....for specificity, note that today is the anniversary of one of those environmental science lies that is still weighing heavily on the human race, in terms of the cost of human lives.
1962: Rachel Carson's Silent Spring was published, and it became one of the most-influential books in the modern environmental movement.
Britannica.com

View attachment 393546

4. "Rachel Carson's "Silent Spring," which in 1962 exposed the hazards of the pesticide DDT, eloquently questioned humanity's faith in technological progress and helped set the stage for the environmental movement .Silent Spring meticulously described how DDT entered the food chain and accumulated in the fatty tissues of animals, including human beings, and caused cancer and genetic damage. Carson concluded that DDT and other pesticides had irrevocably harmed birds and animals and had contaminated the entire world food supply.
Silent Spring Summary | NRDC

5. On June 14, 1972, ....the EPA banned DDT despite considerable evidence of its safety offered in seven months of agency hearings. After listening to that testimony, the EPA's own administrative law judge declared, "DDT is not a carcinogenic hazard to man...DDT is not a mutagenic or teratogenic hazard to man...The use of DDT under the regulations involved here [does] not have a deleterious effect on freshwater fish, estuarine organisms, wild birds or other wildlife."
Today environmental activists celebrate the EPA's DDT ban as their first great victory.
Silent Spring at 40 - Reason.com

And therein we find, as President Ronald Reagan once observed: “The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
And they were Wrong about Cigarettes, Mercury, and so much else too

Thank god

'God' is capitalized......unless you are a Democrat, and worship Satan.

......check this out, via the Huffington Post:

1. "The Death Of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Pushed Me To Join The Satanic Temple
“I am a 40-something attorney and mother who lives in a quiet neighborhood with a yard and a garage full of scooters and soccer balls. I am not the type of person who would normally consider becoming a Satanist, but these are not normal times.”

2. ...when I learned of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s passing, my first reaction was not grief but fear. I fear that American citizens are inching closer to living in a theocracy or dictatorship and that the checks meant to prevent this from happening are close to eroding beyond repair.

3. ... I knew immediately that action was needed on a scale we have not seen before. Our democracy has become so fragile that the loss of one of the last guardians of common sense and decency in government less than two months before a pivotal election has put our civil and reproductive rights in danger like never before. And, so, I have turned to Satanism.

4. Just like other faiths, the Satanic Temple has a code that their members believe in deeply and use to guide their lives. These Seven Fundamental Tenets include that “one should strive to act with compassion and empathy toward all creatures in accordance with reason,” that “the struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions,” and that “one’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.”

5. I was struck by how closely they aligned with the unwritten code I had used to try to guide my own life for several years. I realized, happily, that these were my people and that I had been a Satanist for several years without even knowing it. When Justice Ginsburg’s death suddenly made combating the threats to reproductive rights and a government free from religious interference more urgent, I knew it was time to join them and support their conceptual and legal battles. "
Lovely. Another long, tedious cut and paste collection of ''quotes'' from someone who lives in trembling fear of the boogeyman.
Do you need directions to the door?
I'm sure you know the way.
I'm not the one walking down the sidewalk stepping in dogshit and then complaining about it. It never occurred to you step around it, did it?
Such an angry little, boy.
What have I posted to indicate anger? As opposed to you, say, posting an impotent rant in a thread that hurts your feelings?
That was your best impotent rant?
You're really not very good at this.

You can't show anything I've posted to indicate anger?

Well, then. Another baseless charge by an emotional leftist. Must be a day ending in Y.

New Topics

Forum List

Back