While Patiently-Waiting For Bush Tax-Cuts To DIE...

Mr. Shaman

May 4, 2010
"Hillary Clinton struck a strong populist chord while wading into territory secretary of states rarely go Thursday: Domestic policy.

Clinton went on to cite Brazil, long known for its high taxes, as a model of a successful economic policy.

"Brazil has the highest tax-to-GDP rate in the Western Hemisphere and guess what – they're growing like crazy," Clinton said. "And the rich are getting richer, but they're pulling people out of poverty."

"There is a certain formula there that used to work for us, until we abandoned it, to our regret in my opinion," she added."
Hang-IN there, folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap2:

I personally can't wait til January.. These increased tax bill are going to be really really really awsome! are they knot? :lol:

"Hillary Clinton struck a strong populist chord while wading into territory secretary of states rarely go Thursday: Domestic policy.

Clinton went on to cite Brazil, long known for its high taxes, as a model of a successful economic policy.

"Brazil has the highest tax-to-GDP rate in the Western Hemisphere and guess what – they're growing like crazy," Clinton said. "And the rich are getting richer, but they're pulling people out of poverty."

"There is a certain formula there that used to work for us, until we abandoned it, to our regret in my opinion," she added."

This is priceless.

My nephew's girlfriend is from Brazil. She often visits there.

They have no jobs for anyone who doesn't fit a mold the businesses set in place.

You have to be good looking, it also helps if you speak a foreign language...preferably English or German....most of the undesirables live in poverty or work in sweaty factories that don't exist in this country any more.

Hillary is a fucken idiot of course.

Last edited:
I personally can't wait til January.. These increased tax bill are going to be really really really awsome! are they knot? :lol:
No DOUBT!!!!!!!!!!

"Not only was the entire national deficit eliminated after raising taxes on the wealthy in 1993, but the economy grew so fast for the remainder of the decade that many conservative economists thought that the Fed should raise the prime interest rate in order to slow it down."

nothing says successful economy like brazil.

:rofl:
Careful what YOU ASK FOR!!!!

529.gif

I wonder how many of those poor people in Brazil have big screen TVs and cell phones. Wouldn't it be refreshing to have a reporter ask Mrs Clinton a question like that?

You guys are strangly supporting economic policy that nearly took us into a depression before the Democrats and Obama took charge?

:cuckoo:

we were in a depression prior to 2006?

We were getting there. All that money they were throwing into that pit Iraq with no roi and no plan to ever get any of it back was a big part of that failed policy.

Low point in our history those Bush years.

I hope Obama and the Democrats can dig us out. It's why they were elected.

This is perhaps the best troll post on USMB EVAR!

66%20Troll.jpg

You guys are strangly supporting economic policy that nearly took us into a depression before the Democrats and Obama took charge?

We were getting there. All that money they were throwing into that pit Iraq with no roi and no plan to ever get any of it back was a big part of that failed policy.

The Debt was what....$9 trillion when Obama took over [$5 trillion when the Dems took over Congress in 06'] and is now almost $15?

In less then two years it's gone up 60%.

All that cash going to unions....paying bribes to public officials....tying up billions for pipe-dream programs and entitlements....borrowing cash left and right trying to pay for everything....having to pay billions a month for those loans.

How's that Hope n Change working for ya?

This is priceless.

My nephew's girlfriend is from Brazil. She often visits there.

They have no jobs for anyone who doesn't fit a mold the businesses set in place.

You have to be good looking, it also helps if you speak a foreign language...preferably English or German....most of the undesirables live in poverty or work in sweaty factories that don't exist in this country any more.

Hillary is a fucken idiot of course.

The girlfriend doesn't sound like a mental giant.

Brazil's Economy Has Hit Bubble Speed

Vincent Fernando, CFA | May 23, 2010, 10:10 AM | 1,851 | comment 18

brazil china lula tradeBrazil's economy just clocked 10% annualized GDP growth over the last six months. Even though the world's economic rebound is expected to slow in the second half of this year, Brazil is still expected to log a China-like 7% GDP growth for 2010.

That's the fastest growth Brazil has experienced since 1986.

Problem is, it's not sustainable and could create painful side effects:

The Economist:

The problem is that while it may be growing at Chinese speeds, Brazil is not China. Because it still saves and invests too little, most economists think it is restricted to a speed limit of 5% at the most, if it is not to crash. The growth spurt is partly the result of the stimulus measures taken by President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva’s government when the world financial crisis
briefly tipped the country into recession late in 2008. The trouble, say critics, is that much of the extra government spending is turning out to be permanent—and so the economy is starting to resemble a Toyota with the accelerator stuck to the floor.

The strain is showing. Businesses are chasing after scarce skilled labour. Inflation for the 12 months to April reached 5.3%, above the Central Bank’s target of 4.5%. Imports are set to top exports this year, for the first time since 2000, and the current-account deficit should widen to 3% of GDP.

Read more: Brazil's booming economy: Flying too high for safety | The EconomistBrazil's Economy Has Hit Bubble Speed

YES FOLKS
....HANG IN THERE....WE'RE HEADED FOR A BUMPY RIDE!!!
:happy-1:

AND BRAZIL IS NEXT

Hope George Soros has his bets in on the Brazilian economy.

Last edited:

oh poor poor sarawh... it was the democwats who put you theree.. voted for the war voted for all that funding.. then they took power in 2006 and the real slide to ruin began.. .. yepp

I wonder how many of those poor people in Brazil have big screen TVs and cell phones. Wouldn't it be refreshing to have a reporter ask Mrs Clinton a question like that?

Your point?

Brazil has its poverty in the big cities, just like <gasp> the good ol' USofA. That doesn't mean they too shouldn't be 'allowed' cell phones or big screen tvs. You (collectively) seem to think that all poor people should live in abject squallor with no enjoyments other than looking from the outside in. That said, its worldwide human development rating isn't as shabby as some people posting here seem to be hoping (for some reason). Brazil ranks 75th in developing nations regarding its treatment of the classes.

List of countries by Human Development Index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is perhaps the best troll post on USMB EVAR!

66%20Troll.jpg

Gee, thanks for your ignorant contribution, troll.

The Debt was what....$9 trillion when Obama took over [$5 trillion when the Dems took over Congress in 06'] and is now almost $15?

In less then two years it's gone up 60%.

All that cash going to unions....paying bribes to public officials....tying up billions for pipe-dream programs and entitlements....borrowing cash left and right trying to pay for everything....having to pay billions a month for those loans.

How's that Hope n Change working for ya?

:cuckoo: Only illiterates belive that bullshit is an adequate analysis.

Forum List

Back