While in self isolation, I intend to walk myself to 10 pounds of lost weight.

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Calories burnt depend on age, sex and other factors. I've looked online and the estimate is approx. 70,000 steps per pound. So, I will need to walk around my house for 700,000 steps to burn this. I also will throw in push ups (not so much for weight loss, but to get my heart rate up, keep my pecs, core and shoulders strong), maybe some burpees (which I used to excel at when I wrestled in High School but which I definitely don't look forward to now), and, some stationary bike stuff.

So far in my journey, I've walked 1000 steps while cooking dinner as my dog wondered if I had lost my mind, hah. So I have done 1.4% of my one pound. Might as well handle this Communist Virus with a little bit of self-health.

I'm going to try to do it within a week, maybe 10 days, because, well, because I want to try. I've made some good changes to my diet, in particular, cutting out almost all sweets, and adding some healthy options, so this is the logical progression while trapped inside except for groceries and other necessities.

Any of you can do the same, even if it's a more modest objective of 1 pound a week, which is certainly safer and more sensible.

Anyways, wish me luck.

Good luck.

I think a lot of people get out of shape because they are stuck in a cubicle with virtually no exercise all day. Now that they are out of work, they can take the opportunity to get some exercise.

Good luck.

I think a lot of people get out of shape because they are stuck in a cubicle with virtually no exercise all day. Now that they are out of work, they can take the opportunity to get some exercise.

A great opportunity for people to just listen to music and do some activities, even if basic movements just to stay busy and sane.

It's an ambitious goal and I will have to focus on deep calorie cuts and plenty of water each day, but I'm going to try.

Good luck.

A great opportunity for people to just listen to music and do some activities, even if basic movements just to stay busy and sane.

It's an ambitious goal and I will have to focus on deep calorie cuts and plenty of water each day, but I'm going to try.
Why do you want to lose 10 pounds in 10 days?

Good luck.

Why do you want to lose 10 pounds in 10 days?

For the challenge. Something to do. 98% Of us could lose a few pounds. No better time than now to do something.

"Communist Virus." What are you referring to?

lol that's your input to this thread? Come on. I don't remember ever trolling your posts, this is a positive posting for those of us trying to keep sane and maybe a little healthier during the process.

The Corona Virus, The Covid-19 Virus, The Wuhan Virus, The W.H.O "Look-The-Other-way" Virus. I could use any number of descriptions and you would know every time which pandemic I am talking about as you know in the above example.

These types of global shut downs don't occur...well...EVER!

After 1 week, I lost 4.5 pounds, well short of my goal. Any loss was primarily due to cutting down on calories and some walking in backyard. I did 16/8 fasting for three days also.

Hopefully diet changes can continue. It's difficult being stuck inside, even though I wasn't overly active even before this virus due to circumstances. At this pace, I'd be happy with losing another 2-3 pounds in seven days, and the more one loses, the more difficult it is to do so as the body adapts quickly.

Last edited:
been trying to exercise while stuck inside the house, cleaning the house as one and walking around the house and our yard. Need to keep fit and healthy

Forum List

Back