While Biden bombs Syria (for oil), gas prices climb higher and higher

Is this what you voted for, Democrats?

Among some of the earliest announcements coming out of the White House after Joe Biden’s inauguration was a promise to clamp down on drilling, particularly on federal lands and offshore. While this all has to be done in stages, the oil and gas industry is already reacting. And since markets rely on “futures” as much as they do current supply and demand levels, the effects can often precede the cause. This is being noticed all across the nation at this point. As CBS Baltimore pointed out on Monday, gas prices have been slowly but steadily rising over the past month. There are actually a variety of factors driving this trend, as we’ll get to in a moment, but government policy both at home and abroad is always a factor.
And the ignorance just keeps on coming.

Brought to you by the GOP College of Stupid!
You never answered my question daddy o so is the goal of a green president cheap gas prices?
You never asked a question.
Any president who thinks he's can control pump prices is an idiot.
See Trump for evidence.
WTF are you talking about? Didn’t you see how prices maintained $2 for the duration of trump’s presidency? Haven’t you seen them rise by nearly 50% under Biden already? Didn’t you see them rise from $1.40 to over $4 under Obama? Are you blind or just really stupid?
I'm neither blind nor stupid.

You on the other hand are an ignorant asshole.

Why don't you collect a few facts such as that gas prices dropped under Obama from nearly $4 when he took office to less than $1.75. Know why fool? Because Obama bought stability and the risk premium dropped.
Prices went up under Trump from under $1 to nearly $3.25. Never heard a word from you did we shitbucket?

Go educate yourself fool. Then when you get up to 4th grade, come back.
Why don't YOU educate me? Please tell me what Obama policy is it that dropped gas prices? I know he took credit for higher production of oil and natural gas but anyone with even a modicum of sense knows that is laughable!
Did I say there was an Obama policy that reduced oil prices?
Or
Did I say that the President has very little impact on pump prices?

Why don't we look back up the thread and see what kind of liar you are....

OK, finding are in.
You are a stupid liar.

OK Jay! Who's next on "How Stupid is that Republican?"
You can't come up with a single Obama Administration policy that increased oil production in the United States...can you? But instead of admitting that...you call me a liar? Aren't you the childish one...

The fact of the matter is that Barack Obama took credit for something that happened DESPITE him...not because of him!
OK...Let's see....

Gas prices go up because it's Biden's fault.
Gas prices go down but it's not Obama's doing.

Pardon me but your hypocrisy is showing and your stupid is sticking out.
If you think it IS Obama's doing then I'm still waiting for you to explain to us what policy of Barry's made increased oil production happen?

Gas prices under Joe Biden will go up just as they did under Obama because Joe Biden's policies are the same as Obama's. Most people learn from their mistakes. Progressives don't seem to.

Among some of the earliest announcements coming out of the White House after Joe Biden’s inauguration was a promise to clamp down on drilling, particularly on federal lands and offshore. While this all has to be done in stages, the oil and gas industry is already reacting. And since markets rely on “futures” as much as they do current supply and demand levels, the effects can often precede the cause. This is being noticed all across the nation at this point. As CBS Baltimore pointed out on Monday, gas prices have been slowly but steadily rising over the past month. There are actually a variety of factors driving this trend, as we’ll get to in a moment, but government policy both at home and abroad is always a factor.

No they are not reacting. The oil markets are reacting to Trump's conspiring with OPEC to cut production. Trump wanted to raise the price of oil and sometimes when you get a ball rolling in one direction it can be hard to stop. Also incompetent Texas Republicans have contributed.

Trump has been out of office for two months. You're the reason Biden can get away with starting a war for oil while killing our energy independence, so we have to buy energy from his OPEC connections.

The ones that killed our energy independence are republicans, 5 years ago.

October 9 2015
Defying a White House veto threat, the Republican-controlled House on Friday approved a bill to lift a 40-year-old U.S. ban on crude oil exports.

The House approved the bill on a 261-159 vote. Supporters said an ongoing boom in oil and gas drilling has made the 1970s-era restrictions obsolete. Lifting the export ban would lower prices at the pump, create jobs and boost the economy, said House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio.

"In my view, America's energy boom has the potential to reset the economic foundation of our economy and improve our standing around the world," Boehner said.
www.cbsnews.com › news › house-votes-to-lift-ban-on
We were able to do that because we were producing so much oil. Duh?

Exactly, so why export oil when you can keep it to stabilize our prices.
That like giving away the food in half your refrigerator, then whine when you run out or have to purchase more.
In this case, whine about higher prices, when the US is exporting oil?

Oil prices are set world-wide. Oil that we keep or export costs exactly the same. Oil that we produce costs less because transportation costs are less. That's why oil from the Trans-Alaska pipeline was primarily sold in Japan because the west coast used less than we were producing.
" Oil that we keep or export costs exactly the same. Oil that we produce costs less because transportation costs are less'.
Huh?

The US has the highest production costs in the world.

Did US Gas Prices Average $5 Per Gallon Under Obama and ...
Claim: U.S. gas prices averaged well over $5 per gallon under the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden.

False · Fact checked by snopes.com
I never claimed that gas prices averaged well over $5 per gallon. What I claimed was that Obama's policies drove up the price of gas in the US and that Joe Biden's will as well. You can attempt to argue that all you like...I'll simply direct your attention to the nearest gas pump and tell you to watch as the price keeps going higher.

Soooo, Biden has a policy of shutting down three Texas refineries?
Never read that in the WH press release.

February 20 2021

In Texas this week, winter storms and power outages shut down oil refineries and they're saying it could take weeks.
Could this cause Central Georgians to pay more at the pump?
When you went to grab the pump, did you realize the gas prices as you fueled up? That's because of oil refineries shutting down in Texas due to the winter storm.

Refinery outages have shut down about 20 percent of the nation's oil refining capacity.
That's why prices are expected to rise 10 to 20 cents a gallon in the coming days, and experts say prices may get even higher.
Saravia also said, "That's going to be putting pressure on the price of gasoline, some sources are saying we could see $3 gallons this summer."
www.13wmaz.com › article › money
Natural disasters and conflicts in oil producing areas will always increase the price of gas, Smokin but prices at the pump were already going up long before the cold weather in Texas shut down refineries...that's simply something that increased them MORE. I expect we'll see a few dips in the months ahead but I also predict that the price of gas will keep on rising because it's what the far left wants to see happen and they're putting people and policies in place to make that happen.

The government doesn't control production or market demands.
Would you agree that government policy affects both production and market demands?

Not if you look at the details and tell the truth. How has Biden controlled the ppb? Most wells in the US are too small to afford fracking and they don't drill on Federal Lands either... nor are they connected to any pipeline.. If you artificially keep the ppb low enough so you have cheap gasoline at the pump, you put our domestic producers out of business.

Fossil fuels aren't going away.. We'll be using them for decades while we transition to other, more diverse sources of energy.
Who's artificially keeping prices per barrel low? What you're advocating is artificially keeping them high. Doing so costs American consumers billions of dollars out of pocket. As for the transition to other sources of energy? The left is trying to artificially make oil more expensive to force that transition.

No one was artificially keeping prices low. Demand was way down worldwide in 2020. The oil producers will try to balance the supply to keep prices stable and high enough for them to make a profit.
The "oil producers" raise the price of oil by limiting production. If you're dependent on foreign oil then you're stuck paying whatever they force you to pay. If you increase production here in the US then you're not stuck paying more. It's part of the reason why gas prices remained as low as they did during the Trump Presidency. Now we'll see gas prices increase as the left imposes their anti Big Oil agenda which will make us more and more dependent on foreign oil and more and more at the mercy of those "oil producers"!

In the first place Syria has little no oil and its garbage. Nobody is going to fight over it.

If you want US domestic producers to continue producing oil the ppb needs to be above $60.. The US has the highest lift costs in the world.
I've never once even referred to Syria. I'm simply pointing out what's about to happen when Democrats push their agenda. Gas prices in the US will be going up because that's what they want to see happen.

Democrats have NOTHING to do with the ppb. You think they control OPEC, WTI and Brent?
I think they control the US Government which means they can pass legislation like the "Green New Deal" which will increase the cost of energy to every American.

You never answered my question daddy o so is the goal of a green president cheap gas prices?
See Trump for evidence.
WTF are you talking about? Didn’t you see how prices maintained $2 for the duration of trump’s presidency? Haven’t you seen them rise by nearly 50% under Biden already? Didn’t you see them rise from $1.40 to over $4 under Obama? Are you blind or just really stupid?

Why don't you collect a few facts such as that gas prices dropped under Obama from nearly $4 when he took office to less than $1.75. Know why fool? Because Obama bought stability and the risk premium dropped.
Prices went up under Trump from under $1 to nearly $3.25. Never heard a word from you did we shitbucket?

Why don't YOU educate me? Please tell me what Obama policy is it that dropped gas prices? I know he took credit for higher production of oil and natural gas but anyone with even a modicum of sense knows that is laughable!
Or

OK, finding are in.
You are a stupid liar.

You can't come up with a single Obama Administration policy that increased oil production in the United States...can you? But instead of admitting that...you call me a liar? Aren't you the childish one...

The fact of the matter is that Barack Obama took credit for something that happened DESPITE him...not because of him!
OK...Let's see....

If you think it IS Obama's doing then I'm still waiting for you to explain to us what policy of Barry's made increased oil production happen?

Gas prices under Joe Biden will go up just as they did under Obama because Joe Biden's policies are the same as Obama's. Most people learn from their mistakes. Progressives don't seem to.

No they are not reacting. The oil markets are reacting to Trump's conspiring with OPEC to cut production. Trump wanted to raise the price of oil and sometimes when you get a ball rolling in one direction it can be hard to stop. Also incompetent Texas Republicans have contributed.

Trump has been out of office for two months. You're the reason Biden can get away with starting a war for oil while killing our energy independence, so we have to buy energy from his OPEC connections.

October 9 2015
Defying a White House veto threat, the Republican-controlled House on Friday approved a bill to lift a 40-year-old U.S. ban on crude oil exports.

The House approved the bill on a 261-159 vote. Supporters said an ongoing boom in oil and gas drilling has made the 1970s-era restrictions obsolete. Lifting the export ban would lower prices at the pump, create jobs and boost the economy, said House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio.

"In my view, America's energy boom has the potential to reset the economic foundation of our economy and improve our standing around the world," Boehner said.

That like giving away the food in half your refrigerator, then whine when you run out or have to purchase more.

Oil prices are set world-wide. Oil that we keep or export costs exactly the same. Oil that we produce costs less because transportation costs are less. That's why oil from the Trans-Alaska pipeline was primarily sold in Japan because the west coast used less than we were producing.
" Oil that we keep or export costs exactly the same. Oil that we produce costs less because transportation costs are less'.
Huh?

Claim: U.S. gas prices averaged well over $5 per gallon under the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden.

I never claimed that gas prices averaged well over $5 per gallon. What I claimed was that Obama's policies drove up the price of gas in the US and that Joe Biden's will as well. You can attempt to argue that all you like...I'll simply direct your attention to the nearest gas pump and tell you to watch as the price keeps going higher.

February 20 2021

In Texas this week, winter storms and power outages shut down oil refineries and they're saying it could take weeks.
When you went to grab the pump, did you realize the gas prices as you fueled up? That's because of oil refineries shutting down in Texas due to the winter storm.

Refinery outages have shut down about 20 percent of the nation's oil refining capacity.
That's why prices are expected to rise 10 to 20 cents a gallon in the coming days, and experts say prices may get even higher.
Saravia also said, "That's going to be putting pressure on the price of gasoline, some sources are saying we could see $3 gallons this summer."
Natural disasters and conflicts in oil producing areas will always increase the price of gas, Smokin but prices at the pump were already going up long before the cold weather in Texas shut down refineries...that's simply something that increased them MORE. I expect we'll see a few dips in the months ahead but I also predict that the price of gas will keep on rising because it's what the far left wants to see happen and they're putting people and policies in place to make that happen.

Would you agree that government policy affects both production and market demands?

Not if you look at the details and tell the truth. How has Biden controlled the ppb? Most wells in the US are too small to afford fracking and they don't drill on Federal Lands either... nor are they connected to any pipeline.. If you artificially keep the ppb low enough so you have cheap gasoline at the pump, you put our domestic producers out of business.

Fossil fuels aren't going away.. We'll be using them for decades while we transition to other, more diverse sources of energy.
Who's artificially keeping prices per barrel low? What you're advocating is artificially keeping them high. Doing so costs American consumers billions of dollars out of pocket. As for the transition to other sources of energy? The left is trying to artificially make oil more expensive to force that transition.

No one was artificially keeping prices low. Demand was way down worldwide in 2020. The oil producers will try to balance the supply to keep prices stable and high enough for them to make a profit.
The "oil producers" raise the price of oil by limiting production. If you're dependent on foreign oil then you're stuck paying whatever they force you to pay. If you increase production here in the US then you're not stuck paying more. It's part of the reason why gas prices remained as low as they did during the Trump Presidency. Now we'll see gas prices increase as the left imposes their anti Big Oil agenda which will make us more and more dependent on foreign oil and more and more at the mercy of those "oil producers"!

"Anti-Big Oil agenda"?
What agenda would that be?

More dependent on foreign oil?

That happened over 5 years ago, from the CONS in congress.
See earlier comment, US oil is now considered foreign oil.

See Trump for evidence.

Or

OK, finding are in.
You are a stupid liar.

OK...Let's see....

October 9 2015

Huh?

February 20 2021

In the first place Syria has little no oil and its garbage. Nobody is going to fight over it.

If you want US domestic producers to continue producing oil the ppb needs to be above $60.. The US has the highest lift costs in the world.
I've never once even referred to Syria. I'm simply pointing out what's about to happen when Democrats push their agenda. Gas prices in the US will be going up because that's what they want to see happen.

Democrats have NOTHING to do with the ppb. You think they control OPEC, WTI and Brent?
I think they control the US Government which means they can pass legislation like the "Green New Deal" which will increase the cost of energy to every American.

Really?

So, is that why architects and engineers are already building and installing LED lights, energy efficient A/C's, plumbing fixtures, water heaters, glaziers installing insulted windows or masons pouring their block cells with insulation?
So, that doing so will make it more expensive for their customer?

See Trump for evidence.

Or

OK, finding are in.
You are a stupid liar.

OK...Let's see....

October 9 2015

Huh?

February 20 2021

Really?

So, is that why architects and engineers are already building and installing LED lights, energy efficient A/C's, plumbing fixtures, water heaters, glaziers installing insulted windows or masons pouring their block cells with insulation?
Insulted windows? LOL

It only makes senses if you're building a new house these days to make it as energy efficient as possible. That's something that's been happening for hundreds of years and will continue to happen.

What THAT has to do with Democrats trying to burden us all with their Green New Deal, you'll have to explain!

Oil prices turned lower after the IEA said on Wednesday in its Oil Market Report for March that it doesn’t see either a supercycle in oil or a looming supply crunch, as inventories still look ample, while OPEC+ has more than 9 million bpd of spare production capacity offline because of the cuts.

“Oil’s sharp rally to near $70/bbl has spurred talk of a new super-cycle and a looming supply shortfall. Our data and analysis suggest otherwise,” the IEA said in its Oil Market Report today.

See Trump for evidence.

Or

OK, finding are in.
You are a stupid liar.

OK...Let's see....

October 9 2015

Huh?

February 20 2021

A glut of oil in the supply line hurts US producers first because we have the highest lift costs in the world.

Gasoline taxes are the same they were in 1993.

See Trump for evidence.

Or

OK, finding are in.
You are a stupid liar.

OK...Let's see....

October 9 2015

Huh?

February 20 2021

gas taxes and supply and demand

The United States federal excise tax on gasoline is 18.4 cents per gallon and 24.4 cents per gallon for diesel fuel.

The federal tax was last raised October 1, 1993 and is not indexed to inflation, which increased by a total of 77 percent from 1993 until 2020. On average, as of April 2019....
Fuel taxes in the United States -

See Trump for evidence.

Or

OK, finding are in.
You are a stupid liar.

OK...Let's see....

October 9 2015

Huh?

February 20 2021

The United States federal excise tax on gasoline is 18.4 cents per gallon and 24.4 cents per gallon for diesel fuel.

The federal tax was last raised October 1, 1993 and is not indexed to inflation, which increased by a total of 77 percent from 1993 until 2020. On average, as of April 2019....

One word california

See Trump for evidence.

Or

OK, finding are in.
You are a stupid liar.

OK...Let's see....

October 9 2015

Huh?

February 20 2021

One word california

California what?

See Trump for evidence.

Or

OK, finding are in.
You are a stupid liar.

OK...Let's see....

October 9 2015

Huh?

February 20 2021

Really?

Why were they insulted?

See Trump for evidence.

Or

OK, finding are in.
You are a stupid liar.

OK...Let's see....

October 9 2015

Huh?

February 20 2021

Really?

Insulted windows? LOL

Yeah, they insult, the the windows before removing them, then compliment the new insulated windows before installing those.

See Trump for evidence.

Or

OK, finding are in.
You are a stupid liar.

OK...Let's see....

October 9 2015

Huh?

February 20 2021

Really?

Why were they insulted?

Wouldn't you, be if you were destined for recycling?

There is oil in the Golan Heights, but Israel took that when they destroyed 67 Druze villages.
Yeah... and the Druze hated them so much they applied for Israeli citizenship. The lesson that a wise man should take from the Golan issue is "don't start wars and you won't lose territory".

There is oil in the Golan Heights, but Israel took that when they destroyed 67 Druze villages.
Yeah... and the Druze hated them so much they applied for Israeli citizenship. The lesson that a wise man should take from the Golan issue is "don't start wars and you won't lose territory".

And after 40 years they fnally let the Druze sell their apples without a Jewish middleman.

See Trump for evidence.

Or

OK, finding are in.
You are a stupid liar.

OK...Let's see....

October 9 2015

Huh?

February 20 2021

Really?

Why were they insulted?

INSULATED

No President ever bombed middle east countries for oil. Doing the bidding of the Kabbalistic regime is slippery though!

The Druze didn't start any wars. The Israelis planned the sixty seven war for a decade. They wanted more land and water. So they bombed Egypt while Egyptian troops were deployed in Yemen. Read Moshe Dayan.

No President ever bombed middle east countries for oil. Doing the bidding of the Kabbalistic regime is slippery though!

Syria's oil production peaked in 1996. They have very little reserves and its really crappy crude oil.. only fit for asphalt.

Forum List

Back