While America Watches Kerry...

Apr 12, 2006
New Jersey
The death toll for the first two days of November is 8. Whats more, prominent Iraqis are being targeted and assassinated by terrorists.

The dean of business administration at university of baghdad plus his wife and son, a criminal court judge and his son, and a member of the Islamic party and his daughter were all assassinated. They were a few of the 58 civilians killed in Iraq on Thursday.

A message to democrat and republican politicians: wake the fuck up. We need solutions to the real problems, leave the worthless back and forth bickering about Kerry to the pundits.

why do you think jfk wanted to cover up the deaths of ignorant soldiers in iraq?

oh and when hillary pulls out.....the death toll of iraqs will drop .....

The death toll for the first two days of November is 8. Whats more, prominent Iraqis are being targeted and assassinated by terrorists.

The dean of business administration at university of baghdad plus his wife and son, a criminal court judge and his son, and a member of the Islamic party and his daughter were all assassinated. They were a few of the 58 civilians killed in Iraq on Thursday.

A message to democrat and republican politicians: wake the fuck up. We need solutions to the real problems, leave the worthless back and forth bickering about Kerry to the pundits.

Unfortunately, that is the problem 1549. Kerry has allowed yet again his complete contempt for the military to shine through. He merely stated what alot of our leaders think. That the military is a bunch of idiots that couldnt think themselves out of a paper bag. THEREFORE, they don't give a rats ass if they stay over in IRaq forever. They would much rather use them as a political football to be tossed around for a few political points rather than get the job done so they can come home.

As long as we have leaders that refuse to understand that the job our men and women are doing over there is important, the longer the fighting will go on for.

oh and when hillary pulls out.....the death toll of iraqs will drop .....

A message to democrat and republican politicians: wake the fuck up. We need solutions to the real problems

That means quit dicking around with worthless bullshit and formulate a way to save Iraq.

And the democrats do not advocate a pull out...though pulling out does work 73% of the time :D

That means quit dicking around with worthless bullshit and formulate a way to save Iraq.

And the democrats do not advocate a pull out...though pulling out does work 73% of the time :D

I agree we need to stop dicking around and take out the enemy. Thats the only way to come home as Victors with a defeated and demoralized enemy. IF only our media would let us. The one thing they are right about is that its Vietnam all over again. We win the ground war but lose the propaganda one. I will punch a liberal sqaure in the face if our soldiers come and home and get spit on like our dads, uncles and even some grandfathers did.

1549 said:
You may think that the discussions about Kerry’s remark are worthless. But such discussions influence to some small degree who will have political power in the US after 7 November. And there is nothing less worthless on this planet than who has political power in America. This is about spinning advantage and tweaking the last vote. Your sensibilities are disturbed? How many votes will that deliver? “Wake up” to the reality of power politics in the US. The game is on and what really matters is how many will vote for whom on 7 November.

You may think that the discussions about Kerry’s remark are worthless. But such discussions influence to some small degree who will have political power in the US after 7 November. And there is nothing less worthless on this planet than who has political power in America. This is about spinning advantage and tweaking the last vote. Your sensibilities are disturbed? How many votes will that deliver? “Wake up” to the reality of power politics in the US. The game is on and what really matters is how many will vote for whom on 7 November.

I know why they are doing it, but as I said, leave the political gaming to the pundits. How about this, 2 months ago you are told of the statement John Kerry will make. Would you be able to guess the reactions? Of course. Democrats will distance themselves, Republicans will go on the offensive. Every American planning to vote on November 7th could have told you that. That is why the reactions of the politicians are not going to have an impact: it is predictable, and 85% of Americans dislike John Kerry anyway (merely a better option than bush).

The whole point of this thread was that they should stop the gaming and stick to business. If one Republican in a tight race had the nuts to say "John Kerry's statements are disgraceful, but the real issue we need to stay focused on is what strategies to employ in Iraq." That statement would have a far greater impact on the polls than "John Kerry this and John Kerry that". The fact that the White House dived into this with an official statement and Karl Rove comments is a fucking joke. The White House can not criticize Kerry for not supporting the troops when generals are swarming to tell listeners that there are not enough troops and that funding is not being adequately allocated to train and properly equip the troops in place.

P.S. John Kerry had 2 waffles for breakfast, a bread bowl of creamy onion soup for lunch, he has pissed twice, and also he began the morning with a shit that clogged the toilet. oh yea, and 81 people died in Iraq. Vote Republican because John Kerry is a fuck up!

I agree we need to stop dicking around and take out the enemy. Thats the only way to come home as Victors with a defeated and demoralized enemy. IF only our media would let us. The one thing they are right about is that its Vietnam all over again. We win the ground war but lose the propaganda one. I will punch a liberal sqaure in the face if our soldiers come and home and get spit on like our dads, uncles and even some grandfathers did.

Sometimes there is only one way to win a war: fight total war, destroy the infrastructure and fight with little care for the impact on the country. This is may be one of those wars. Too bad for us, that kind of a strategy would probably be a better long term strategy for the terrorists than for us. Thus, we should stabalize the country, beef up Iraqs army, and then call it a day.

P.S. Vietnam was the same situation as Iraq in that the cost of victory would not have been worth the price. America should not back wars in which victory is overshadowed by sacrifice.

Sometimes there is only one way to win a war: fight total war, destroy the infrastructure and fight with little care for the impact on the country. This is may be one of those wars. Too bad for us, that kind of a strategy would probably be a better long term strategy for the terrorists than for us. Thus, we should stabalize the country, beef up Iraqs army, and then call it a day.

P.S. Vietnam was the same situation as Iraq in that the cost of victory would not have been worth the price. America should not back wars in which victory is overshadowed by sacrifice.

So definitely no WW1 or WW2 then? The sacrifices of those 2 wars alone was greater than all other wars in the history of humanity. Was it worth the fight?

Which, of course, specifically tells us that the Terrorists are stepping up their efforts in an attempt to influence this election in favor of the Democrats.

BTW the Democrat attitude toward the military and their lack of support for our troops is an issue that cannot be ignored in the effort to solve "real problems" in Iraq. The only reason the "real problems" exist is because there is an entire political party who refuse to support the troops in any way that can actually help them win this war.

Hey kid,
You're into numbers, you like to remind us about death counts, how many innocent people were murdered here in the USA this week? Who did the murdering?
I know that here in Houston, we can count on at least 3 every weekend with a Hispanic name, murdered by a person with a Hispanic name(usually with a knife). You will also see numerous murders, rapes, arsons, car jackings and etc. in the Southwest section of Houston.....a predominately black section of town where many of the New Orleans rats are getting their free ride now.
I'm sure there are some whites doing crime in there also, that goes without saying, especially with so many low rents being influenced by "rap" clowns.

As for the Kerry bullshit, I know that he along with most of his fellow Democrat colleagues and constituents are challenged with walking and chewing gum at the same time but Conservatives can and do multi-task. Most can point out the idiocy of the left and at the same time produce wealth and solve problems, that's what we do. And our military people, are not only the most intelligent and well trained force in the world, they are also some of the most compassionate. They too are experts at multi-tasking and wearing multiple hats.... even if that D student, wealthy women and ambulance chaser, John Kerry, doesn't think so.:cow:

So definitely no WW1 or WW2 then? The sacrifices of those 2 wars alone was greater than all other wars in the history of humanity. Was it worth the fight?

In those cases victory was not overshadowed by sacrifice. Victory saved the world.

In Vietnam, victory would have meant only a breakdown in our containment policy. Which of course proved to mean nothing. As it is Vietnam was obviously not worth 56,000 lives, but even if we had contained the communists, the benefits of winning would not at all be worth the American lives lost.

Same goes for Iraq. If the country is stabilized was it worth it? Thousands have died to sectarian violence, terrorists have permeated the country (something that did not happen before) and our reputation in the Islamic world has detiorated further. Not too mention that our weapons inspector found that Iraq did not have WMD's and was not capable of building them.

You're into numbers, you like to remind us about death counts, how many innocent people were murdered here in the USA this week? Who did the murdering? I know that here in Houston, we can count on at least 3 every weekend with a Hispanic name, murdered by a person with a Hispanic name(usually with a knife). You will also see numerous murders, rapes, arsons, car jackings and etc. in the Southwest section of Houston.....a predominately black section of town where many of the New Orleans rats are getting their free ride now. I'm sure there are some whites doing crime in there also, that goes without saying, especially with so many low rents being influenced by "rap" clowns.

Crime in America is a problem. It is a major pitfall of our socioeconomic structure. I got mugged by 3 "thugs" when I was walking across campus last year. I did not have a wallet on me, so they got nothing out of the flogging--it still sucked though.

In those cases victory was not overshadowed by sacrifice. Victory saved the world.

In Vietnam, victory would have meant only a breakdown in our containment policy. Which of course proved to mean nothing. As it is Vietnam was obviously not worth 56,000 lives, but even if we had contained the communists, the benefits of winning would not at all be worth the American lives lost.

Same goes for Iraq. If the country is stabilized was it worth it? Thousands have died to sectarian violence, terrorists have permeated the country (something that did not happen before) and our reputation in the Islamic world has detiorated further. Not too mention that our weapons inspector found that Iraq did not have WMD's and was not capable of building them.

I would argue that victory in IRaq will save the world. If the terrorists are allowed to claim a victory over the US military, they will gain support and fear throughout the world. If they are allowed to continue unimpeded by us, they will wreak havoc in Europe and Asia immediately and then plan their next big attack on us.

At the time, many thought that WW1 and WW2 were not worth the cost. The detractors felt that too many lives will be lost. That Germany was not a threat to us. If we just let Wilhelm and Hitler alone then they would eventually get bored and settle down. Many felt that there was no world domination for them even though that was their stated goals.

So 9 million soldiers dead in WW1 and probably around 5 to 7 million civilians plus 60 million total people in WW2 that died on all sides was worth a fight to stop a dictator that posed no threat to the US? Your crying about going into Iraq and losing 2700 soldiers and your telling me that losing close to 75 million people would sit right with you?

The problem is that at the moment in time, people don't see the big picture. Many during WW1 and WW2 thought that this was just another battle and that we shouldnt get involved because it posed no threat to the US. Europe was being invaded but the US was fine. Why should we go and fight and die in a pointless war. We should just talk to the dicatator and get him to stop fighting. Give him what he wants. That way we can end the pointless suffering.

In hindsight it is true that we did save the world from 2 tyranical regimes that were bent on World Domination. Now we face radical regimes bent on World domination. Muslims are slowly invading Europe. Terrorists are attacking any nation in the world that doesnt support the Radical Islamic ideals. Iran's stated goal is to bring about the Modi, or antichrist. They want to bring about armageddon and make way for a world ruled by Islam with IRan at its head. They have stated that Iraq is the keystone for all of the prophecies. Yet we are still thinking that this war isnt worth the cost? We are fighting WW3 here whether you like it or not. The enemy thinks they are bringing about Armageddon. Half this country wants to stop them. The other half wants to stop the half that wants to stop the enemy. In 50 years if we are still the United States of America, we will look back at this turning point and realize that Bush had the right idea to stop the enemy when we sill had a chance.

Hmmm, well, I was going to say something really cute, but I think I'll go over, and help Mr. P build a barn.:)

Sign me up for the barn raising too. :rock: Elections bring out some of the worst traits in the most disgusting people. Thinking I will play the game the way they want me to is an insult. I'd rather hang out with the pigs.

Its hard to justify even ONE death 1549.

I'm not sure I care what kind of reputation we have to the broke dick Islamic world. Those people are FUCKING sick, and I would always choose the exact opposite to whatever they chose.

What IS important, is the containment, and then finally, the elimination of terror.

The rest is just so much liberal chest beating.:talk2:

In hindsight it is true that we did save the world from 2 tyranical regimes that were bent on World Domination. Now we face radical regimes bent on World domination. Muslims are slowly invading Europe. Terrorists are attacking any nation in the world that doesnt support the Radical Islamic ideals. Iran's stated goal is to bring about the Modi, or antichrist. They want to bring about armageddon and make way for a world ruled by Islam with IRan at its head. They have stated that Iraq is the keystone for all of the prophecies. Yet we are still thinking that this war isnt worth the cost? We are fighting WW3 here whether you like it or not. The enemy thinks they are bringing about Armageddon. Half this country wants to stop them. The other half wants to stop the half that wants to stop the enemy. In 50 years if we are still the United States of America, we will look back at this turning point and realize that Bush had the right idea to stop the enemy when we sill had a chance.

Muslims are not invading Europe to take over...they are going to Europe because the muslim world has a HUGE population of younger people, and not nearly enough jobs to support them.

We are not fighting WWIII. You liken your fear of Islam to 20th century fear of communism. "If we do not stop communism now, it will be in your backyard". 50 years later, heartland America can not get enough of the cheap Chinese mechandise on sale at Wal-Mart. The spread of militant Islam will go as far as the global economy allows it to go. If I told you the relationship between violence and poverthy in the U.S., you would nod your head and agree. The same holds true for the middle east.

Improve the immense wealth disparity in the middle east, and you will defeat terrorism.

You liken your fear of Islam to 20th century fear of communism.

Gee, you don't think any of our leaders - going back to the 40's - ever heard of this statement by Hermann Goering, do you?

"Naturally, the common people don't want war, but after all, it is the leaders of a country who determine the policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in every country."

And it sure looks like it is STILL working, even though it is transparently obvious what is going on. :duh3:

Forum List

Back