• Rubics Cube

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
Testor's model rockets
Awesome

We used to fly rockets a lot.

After a few shots with one if it was showing too much wear and tear we would load the nose cone with match heads soaked in lighter fluid and watch them burn up on reentry.

Started a couple brush fires that way

and of course we would shoot them at each other from time to time

Surefire rockets. Reliable and dangerous.

More fun than...

A barrel full of monkey's

Remember paint by numbers?

paintbynumberset2.jpg

Testor's model rockets
Awesome

We used to fly rockets a lot.

After a few shots with one if it was showing too much wear and tear we would load the nose cone with match heads soaked in lighter fluid and watch them burn up on reentry.

Started a couple brush fires that way

and of course we would shoot them at each other from time to time

We used to have Estes Rockets

We would take a cherry bomb or ash can and insert the fuse into the ejection charge. It would explode instead of the parachute deploying

t.... lastly I had a bank like this. Wish I still had it. Exact same!

Yea, now I remember about one also just like that I had and was red. I spent lots of time feeding coins into the bank. It was fascinating. I haven't thought about that for probably 30 years or more!

This Add-a-matic coin counter was probably my favorite toy when I was little. I often went grocery shopping with my mother, and I would try real hard to add up each item we bought and try to get the correct total. I can still remember waiting at the checkstand to see if I had gotten it right.

I also would spend a lot of time when on the street counting VW Bugs with that clicker. There were tons of VW Beetles back in the mid-sixties.

The Jackie Stewart AFX slot car race set...
1976-Aurora-AFX-Racing-Jackie-Stewart-Winners-Circle.jpg

Doubt it still works, but the entire setup is still in my basement.

I can't remember actually playing with toys beyond a couple of days after Christmas. Collecting toys is a different concept. I remember the basics like a bike and a pocket knife and a BB gun but who really played with "Mr. Potato Head" for more than a couple of days?

Forum List

Back