Which should have first priority: The woman, the fertilized egg, or the fetus?

Which should have first priority: The woman, the fertilized egg, or the fetus?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
This is a sincere poll. I would appreciate honest answers. If you're willing, I would also appreciate your reasons. I will not criticize your choice. I would just honestly like to know where USMB posters stand on this issue.

NOTE: I know there are many possible variables, but this poll assumes "typical" circumstances. In other words, this is a superficial poll that assumes "normal/average" circumstances - meaning no rape, incest, health, deformity, financial, or other extenuating issues.

First priority in what circumstance?

Equal priority can be done pretty well.

Life begins at conception. If it begins it was God's will...and so the fertilized egg has first priority. If woman does not want the child...put it up for adoption.

That would be idiotic politics as we need birth control.

Most of what we call "birth control" prevents conception. Examples are barriers (condoms, diaphragms), anti-ovulation, (the pill), and ye olde time methods such as the rhythm method, "pull out and pray" and "no, use the other hole"

Life begins at conception. If it begins it was God's will...and so the fertilized egg has first priority. If woman does not want the child...put it up for adoption.

That would be idiotic politics as we need birth control.

What does politics have to do with anything?

We have plenty of birth control around. All anyone has to do is use it if they choose to.

What they don't have the right to do is force others to pay for their birth control.

There are no difference between them,all are alive and genetically coded and unique.

What parent would sacrifice the child over self??

Doesn't each woman have a unique set of circumstances - such as mental, physical, and financial health? There is also the condition of a fetus to consider.

If the mother's life is at risk, she has priority.

Otherwise, the unborn child does.

Look at it this way.. Under the law, all are to be treated equally. Men, after having sex, have no legal say in what happens if the woman becomes pregnant. His only option is to prepare to have to pay her money for the 18 to 24 years every month.

Why should women have options afterwards? If men have to "suffer the consequences" of her becoming pregnant, shouldn't women also have to suffer the consequences?

This is a sincere poll. I would appreciate honest answers. If you're willing, I would also appreciate your reasons. I will not criticize your choice. I would just honestly like to know where USMB posters stand on this issue.

First priority under what circumstance? If there's a circumstance where being pregnant is putting a woman's life a risk, most people on both sides of the debate can agree the woman's life is the first priority.

There are no difference between them,all are alive and genetically coded and unique.

What parent would sacrifice the child over self??

Doesn't each woman have a unique set of circumstances - such as mental, physical, and financial health? There is also the condition of a fetus to consider.

Yes both parents and the child but that still doesn't discount the other living beings .

What parent would sacrifice their child over self?? that is the base of your arguments that a parent is and would be willing to sacrifice one of their own children for their self interest?

What kind of person that would do that really be?

First priority under what circumstance? If there's a circumstance where being pregnant is putting a woman's life a risk, most people on both sides of the debate can agree the woman's life is the first priority.

In other words, you don't believe the choice is totally up to the woman?

In other words, you don't believe the choice is totally up to the woman?

No I don't.

The health of the woman is always paramount. That of an egg has no primacy.

Forum List

Back