Which rock and roll trios are the best ever?

Crosby, Stills and Nash ...
Thanks, VERY talented trio. They were even better when Neil Young joined in. But THEN they were a quartet, obviously.

Not sure they qualify as a "rock-and-roll" trio ... their music without Neil Young was kinda pussified ... if we look at all the other fine suggestions in this thread, we're really discussing groups that will knock your socks off ... something CSN never really did ...

They clearly did if you're listening for music rather than decibels.

That's why I put this band in there too. Not even sure what "pussified" is supposed to mean...

(stereo required)​

I believe "pussified" means wimpy, not manly. I, too, like a lot of America's music, especially "A Horse With No Name" and "Ventura Highway", which is probably my favorite song by them.

Well if that's what he means then clearly the poster has a masculinity issue. :dunno:

A good harmony is spiritual and uplifting. A three-part harmony, all the more. Especially performing it.

OK...OK. Back 45 years

james dewar was a great lead singer...

Yes he WAS. It's too bad he didn't have a successful solo career, at least not that I KNOW of.

i looked his career up after trower and apparently he suffered years of disability resulting from a rare medical condition called CADASIL......

Thanks for the info. That's too bad for him, who knows how well known he would've become if not for his illness. But he WAS lucky enough to sing with Robin Trower, so THAT'S a plus.

OK...OK. Back 45 years

james dewar was a great lead singer...

Yes he WAS. It's too bad he didn't have a successful solo career, at least not that I KNOW of.

i looked his career up after trower and apparently he suffered years of disability resulting from a rare medical condition called CADASIL......

Thanks for the info. That's too bad for him, who knows how well known he would've become if not for his illness. But he WAS lucky enough to sing with Robin Trower, so THAT'S a plus.

I just read some info on him, he died in 2002, just 59 years old. It's a bit late, but RIP, James, you had one HECK of a voice.

Motorhead

Yep, one of the best and certainly, LOUDEST hard rock/metal bands ever! Nice pick and RIP, Lemmy......

Lemmy remarked one time that he and his bandmates were SO loud, they could make the neighbor's lawn die. Or something to that effect. Now THAT'S loud!

loudest band i ever heard was West,Bruce& Laing at the Anaheim CC.......was kinda deaf for a while ....after they got through with one tune some guy in the front yelled out "LOUDER!!"....LOL .....but Motorhead may have been louder,saw them at the Rose bowl with Metallica.....

Loudest was AC/C or KISS, next!

Motorhead

Yep, one of the best and certainly, LOUDEST hard rock/metal bands ever! Nice pick and RIP, Lemmy......

Lemmy remarked one time that he and his bandmates were SO loud, they could make the neighbor's lawn die. Or something to that effect. Now THAT'S loud!

loudest band i ever heard was West,Bruce& Laing at the Anaheim CC.......was kinda deaf for a while ....after they got through with one tune some guy in the front yelled out "LOUDER!!"....LOL .....but Motorhead may have been louder,saw them at the Rose bowl with Metallica.....

Loudest was AC/C or KISS, next!

Yep, both WERE loud, but NOT as loud as Motorhead. Not even CLOSE.

Tres hombres.

Yep, great album, probably my favorite by ZZ Top. I like a LOT of their music, I believe I own about 10 CD's of their music, but they're not in my top rock and roll trios. This is because I've always considered them to be more of a blues based trio and not so much rock and roll. They are, however, my favorite blues/rock trio, followed closely by Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble.

SRV is not a trio, bro. Moar Grand Funk!

You have no idea, they were so much more.

Make no mistake, SRV is awesome! Not a trio, though.

He was a fantastic musician and 1 helluva showman.

AFIAK this is the guitar/singer + bass player + drummer/singer.

That=3

"Some Kinda Wonderful"
is more the drummer, awesome band!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back