Which rock and roll trios are the best ever?

One is tempted to name ELP in such a list but let's be honest, that really means Keith Emerson. In the same way that the Jimi Hendrix Experience really means JImi Hendrix.

Now, you put Emerson and Hendrix in the same band, then add Ginger Baker and Clapton --- holy shit.

One is tempted to name ELP in such a list but let's be honest, that really means Keith Emerson. In the same way that the Jimi Hendrix Experience really means JImi Hendrix.
saw them live gregg lake was a major guy on stage.....

Me too, yeah he was big. Matter of fact I think he died of bigness.
And no slouch in his parts but not on the level of a Jack Bruce.
how many are on his level?......i saw cream on their goodby tour and saw Bruce when he was with West Bruce & Laing.....the guy played like he was doing a solo the whole song and sang on top of that.....he was great Harmonica player too.....

I'd put Hot Tuna a squeak above Rush ...
I like ZZ Top better than The Police ... let me go listen to some of their music again, The Police never struck me as being all that great musicians but then again I didn't really listen to them all that much ...
hot tuna wasnt a trio.....

Thank you, I didn't think that smelled right.
He-he, Hot Tuna, "I didn't think that smelled right", GOOD one!

how many are on his level?......i saw cream on their goodby tour and saw Bruce when he was with West Bruce & Laing.....the guy played like he was doing a solo the whole song and sang on top of that.....he was great Harmonica player too.....

Yeah I saw that tour too. Did not see WBL but did catch Derek and the Dominoes.

I'd put Hot Tuna a squeak above Rush ...
I like ZZ Top better than The Police ... let me go listen to some of their music again, The Police never struck me as being all that great musicians but then again I didn't really listen to them all that much ...
hot tuna wasnt a trio.....

Thank you, I didn't think that smelled right.
He-he, Hot Tuna, "I didn't think that smelled right", GOOD one!

Well, "tasted" woulda been a bit strange.

Now, you put Emerson and Hendrix in the same band, then add Ginger Baker and Clapton --- holy shit.
you forgot Bruce......

I did, I just saw that.

Okay so ya got Clapton and Hendrix on guitars, Bruce on bass, Baker on drums and Emerson on keyboards. And everybody gets a solo.

with Allman?.....or was this after his death?.....

Don't think Duane was with the DDs. Never did get to see him. :(

saw ZZ Top around 73 at the L A Sports Arena.....i have never seen so many people in S.Cal dressed up in their country best.....lots of Stetsons and that Southern drawl......still lots of pot floating around though....yea great concert.....

Here's my story and I swear it's true ...

Of course I had heard of ZZ Top ... didn't honestly think much of their music ... but they opened for the Rolling Stones at the Cotton Bowl in 1981 so I was kinda "oh well" ...

I didn't know it was just three of them ... beards down to their waists ... Lord above they made a hell of a lot of music ... they put on a great show, almost stole the show from the Stones ...

I've been a BIG fan ever since ...

what!.....Pogo come on....yes duane was with DD.....

Motorhead

Yep, one of the best and certainly, LOUDEST hard rock/metal bands ever! Nice pick and RIP, Lemmy......

Lemmy remarked one time that he and his bandmates were SO loud, they could make the neighbor's lawn die. Or something to that effect. Now THAT'S loud!

loudest band i ever heard was West,Bruce& Laing at the Anaheim CC.......was kinda deaf for a while ....after they got through with one tune some guy in the front yelled out "LOUDER!!"....LOL .....but Motorhead may have been louder,saw them at the Rose bowl with Metallica.....

Motorhead

Yep, one of the best and certainly, LOUDEST hard rock/metal bands ever! Nice pick and RIP, Lemmy......

Lemmy remarked one time that he and his bandmates were SO loud, they could make the neighbor's lawn die. Or something to that effect. Now THAT'S loud!

Another Lemmy story. He was on VH-1, I believe, years ago, when they were spotlighting metal bands. They did an interview with Lemmy, he and his band were on a long tour of the States. When asked what he missed MOST about home in the UK, Lemmy remarked, "A nice hunk of cheese". He lamented not being able to get the same quality of cheese he could get back home. Hilarious.

what!.....Pogo come on....yes duane was with DD.....
He WAS with them on the record album, but he MAY have died before Pogo got to see them. This is quite possible.

Forum List

Back