Zone1 Which patron Saint of Europe do you know?

I know .....

• Total voters
No Saint Patrick? There was no formal canonization process in the Catholic church until late, around 1,000 A.D. or so, so I would count Patrick and some others as well. Don't exclude the early ones.

No Saint Patrick? There was no formal canonization process in the Catholic church until late, around 1,000 A.D. or so, so I would count Patrick and some others as well. Don't exclude the early ones.
He is the Patron of IRELAND!
Not of the whole of Europe.

And if the defeated Germany had been treated a bit more humane in 1919, then there would have been no Hitler.

Bridget of Sweden

She is one of the six patron saints of Europe, together with Benedict of Nursia, Cyril and Methodius, Catherine of Siena and Edith Stein.

Biography​

Drawing of the tomb of Bridget's parents in Uppsala Cathedral

Saint Bridget in the religious habit and the crown of a Bridgettine nun, in a 1476 breviary of the form of the Divine Office unique to her Order

The most celebrated saint of Sweden was the daughter of the knight Birger Persson[3] of the family of Finsta, governor and lawspeaker of Uppland, and one of the richest landowners of the country, and his wife Ingeborg Bengtsdotter, a member of the so-called Lawspeaker branch of the Folkunga family. Through her mother, Ingeborg, Birgitta was related to the Swedish kings of her era.

She was born in 1303

Nobody knows any of those Patrons of Europe?
Except me?
I am surprised.

It's Europe.

Nobody cares.

Europe zero Super Bowl wins.jpg

Why these two saint brothers are co-patrons of Europe​

Saint Benedict of Nursia: The Father of Western Monasticism - Christian Biographies​

Forum List

Back