Which one of you burned down Cheryl's She-Shed? Google is on to you

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
Fess up now, Google knows which one of you is guilty.

Google Hands Feds 1,500 Phone Locations In Unprecedented 'Geofence' Search - Slashdot

"According to Forbes, Google has sent 1,494 device identifiers to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) to help them investigate arsons carried out across Milwaukee, Wisconsin, throughout 2018 and 2019. "The requests, outlined in two search warrants obtained by Forbes, demanded to know which specific Google customers were located in areas covering 29,387 square meters (or 3 hectares) during a total of nine hours for the four separate incidents," the report says. "Unbeknownst to many Google users, if they have 'location history' turned on, their whereabouts are stored by the tech giant in a database called SensorVault." From the report:

To investigators, this kind of "geofence" demand is useful, allowing them to go through the data trove provided by Google, look for devices of interest such as a known suspect's phone and ask for more personal information on the user of that mobile. But it's also the kind of search that's been making pro-privacy folk anxious over the last year. Such data grabs, also referred to as "reverse location searches," see the police give Google a timeframe and an area on Google Maps within which to find every Google user within. Google then looks through its SensorVault database of user locations, taken from devices running the tech giant's services like Google Maps or anything that requires the "location history" feature be turned on. The police then look through the list, decide which devices are of interest to the investigation and ask for subscriber information that includes more detailed data such as name, email address, when they signed up to Google services and which ones they used..."

58ced347446514d19fa6d68dc7038a35.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Google Hands Feds 1,500 Phone Locations In Unprecedented 'Geofence' Search - Slashdot

"According to Forbes, Google has sent 1,494 device identifiers to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) to help them investigate arsons carried out across Milwaukee, Wisconsin, throughout 2018 and 2019. "The requests, outlined in two search warrants obtained by Forbes, demanded to know which specific Google customers were located in areas covering 29,387 square meters (or 3 hectares) during a total of nine hours for the four separate incidents," the report says. "Unbeknownst to many Google users, if they have 'location history' turned on, their whereabouts are stored by the tech giant in a database called SensorVault." From the report:

To investigators, this kind of "geofence" demand is useful, allowing them to go through the data trove provided by Google, look for devices of interest such as a known suspect's phone and ask for more personal information on the user of that mobile. But it's also the kind of search that's been making pro-privacy folk anxious over the last year. Such data grabs, also referred to as "reverse location searches," see the police give Google a timeframe and an area on Google Maps within which to find every Google user within. Google then looks through its SensorVault database of user locations, taken from devices running the tech giant's services like Google Maps or anything that requires the "location history" feature be turned on. The police then look through the list, decide which devices are of interest to the investigation and ask for subscriber information that includes more detailed data such as name, email address, when they signed up to Google services and which ones they used..."
Yes, we're all under constant corporate state surveillance.

Yes, we're all under constant corporate state surveillance.

No shit, even President Trump.

58ced347446514d19fa6d68dc7038a35.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In 2000 I did a Google search for FEMA Camps. It gave over 200 hits including camps in Canada. Every few years I did the same search. Every time the number fell. The last one I did was 6 or 7 years ago. It said there are no FEMA Camps in America. I took screenshots of a Google map of each time and in the last search I did I took them all and put them on Youtube. I don't recall what I called the video but it proved to me Google is owned by the government. The way You tube is now banning my videos, some 15 years old you will see Youtube is also part of Google and also owned by government. I haven't made a Youtube video for 10 years. It might still be there if they haven't reviewed it yet. It's under badbob85037 if it's still there. It makes you realize we are as free as the rest of the world.

If have a "she shed" and call it that you deserve to have it burned down for being a fucking pretentious shithead.

But yeah we're all being tracked. Not directly as in there is a man sitting in a room writing "today Steve went here and did this". But we're all part of a network of information indirectly that can be used against us.

Our phones watch and listen. Last Friday I was out to eat with my wife and told her to remind me I need duct tape when we go to the store, sure enough I look at a website and there is a Amazon banner for duct tape.

Even if you turn off your GPS and get a text or make a call they can still triangulate your position at the time based off which cell towers the information was pulled from. And I'm not even sure just because you have gps off that it's really off.

When or if they try to truly fuck us, our phones will be a primary tool to them. They have eyes and ears in all of our pockets.

If have a "she shed" and call it that you deserve to have it burned down for being a fucking pretentious shithead.

But yeah we're all being tracked. Not directly as in there is a man sitting in a room writing "today Steve went here and did this". But we're all part of a network of information indirectly that can be used against us.

Our phones watch and listen. Last Friday I was out to eat with my wife and told her to remind me I need duct tape when we go to the store, sure enough I look at a website and there is a Amazon banner for duct tape.

Even if you turn off your GPS and get a text or make a call they can still triangulate your position at the time based off which cell towers the information was pulled from. And I'm not even sure just because you have gps off that it's really off.

When or if they try to truly fuck us, our phones will be a primary tool to them. They have eyes and ears in all of our pockets.
Simple fix. Get rid of your phone

Forum List

Back