Which of these is the best drum solo and/or drummer

Who you like

• John Bonham

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Carter Beauford (Dave Mathews still SUCKS hard -pretend that's not relevant)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

WTH_Progs?

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2019
I play, and 40 years later I feel good about it. Never sat with a band, it's not why I play. Course I can't approach any of these guys. Anyway, I'm not so edgucated drumming, but to me these are the top five to ever play. Best solo doesn't mean best drummer right, but this is what I came up with without a lot of research. Keep in mind more drums doesn't mean better drummer, I have no doubt Buddy tripped up on blues/rock could do what the fuck he wanted on any set.

Buddy Rich:

Neil Peart:

John Bonham:

Carter Beauford: (Dave Mathews SUCKS)

Vinnie Colaiuta - The guy with Glasses...........

Yoshiki: best drummer in history.

After two neck surgeries that nearly cost him his life and left him with nerve damage:

Last edited:
Weckl?
Seriously, Weckl??

That said....
Ginger Baker.
This is the first post that I've ever thanked with the "hearts for eyes" emoji. I immediately thought "where's Dave Weckl???" An absolute technical monster.

But I still have to go with Vinnie. The best, most versatile drummer in history. I once looked up his discography. And it is MASSIVE. Hundreds and hundreds of credits.

My favorite Vinnie anecdote, from Steve Vai:

Of the concerts I've been to the best sounding drummers live were Neil Peart,. John Bonham and Alex Van Halen. And then the Santana drummer and other percussionists.

Saw VH first album. Best concert I've been too, boy did we smoke a lot of dope. That was back in the day it was illegal as fuck, but we smoked up theatres & indoor concerts anyhow. I've never seen more dope in my life than in a 1980 at the theatre for the movie Led Zepplin's Song Remains the Same. I'll bet 10-15 pounds was smoked in what a two hour movie maybe. It was a felony.

Forum List

Back