Where is there proof of the Rapture?

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
I'd been discussing this with my room mate and we've both figured out there is no such thing as the Rapture, yet many Christian fundies insist on it.

My (and my room mate's) question for you Christians, is exactly WHERE is there proof that all good people will be snatched up into the sky?

Bible verses for proof please..................

How can you prove something that has not occured?

If it has been predicted, and so many people currently believe in it, then there must be Bible verses to point towards when, and how, it will occur.

I guess I'm asking for why so many Christians believe that a rapture will occur. If they do believe, where is the "proof" for them to believe as such?

There are references to believers being taken up. The word "rapture" is just a word to describe what is talked about it is not used specifically in any books of the bible.
Anyone who tries to figure out a date or time or thinks they know it is looney as the bible is clear that this is not possible.

There are references to believers being taken up. The word "rapture" is just a word to describe what is talked about it is not used specifically in any books of the bible.
Anyone who tries to figure out a date or time or thinks they know it is looney as the bible is clear that this is not possible.

Where EXACTLY are the Bible references that state believers will be taken up?

Most common reference is 1 Thessalonians 4:17
"After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. "

I've always believed in the Rapture, and i still believe there will be something "like" a rapture when God returns, but i'm still trying to understand it all. After studying it for awhile, i'm not sure if i really believe we're reading into what the Bible says correctly. I'm still learning! But this article is very good about explaining what (at least the person writing it) has found, and i think he's close to the truth. It's kind of a long read, but worth it!

Will There Be a Rapture? - Into Thy Word Ministries

When you refer to the rapture are you talking about people just disappearing to be with the Lord?

If you are then no there is no biblical evidence of that.

What happens to the Christians who are alive when Christ returns?

They will die so their soul can join Christ in heaven.

The Rapture has already happened. We just missed the cut.

Or, this IS heaven and we missed the orientation meeting where the rules are laid out.

Or, the orientation meetings happen on a weekly basis and some of us have yet to understand the message.

Or, those conducting the orientation meetings have crossed wires with the truth and are sending out garbled messages.

My guess is it's a combination of all of the above.

I'd been discussing this with my room mate and we've both figured out there is no such thing as the Rapture, yet many Christian fundies insist on it.

My (and my room mate's) question for you Christians, is exactly WHERE is there proof that all good people will be snatched up into the sky?

Bible verses for proof please..................

John 4:48

Then said Jesus unto him, Except ye see signs and wonders, ye will not believe.

The actual verses people are usually referring to are:

1 Thessaloniasn 4
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

The word rapture comes from the greek word, "harpazo" which means "caught up".

Rapture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

.GreekThe Koine Greek text of 1 Thessalonians 4:17 uses the verb form ἁρπαγησόμεθα (harpagēsometha), which means "we shall be caught up" or "taken away", with the connotation that this is a sudden event. The dictionary form of this Greek verb is harpazō (ἁρπάζω).[6] This use is also seen in such texts as Acts 8:39; 2Corinthian; Revelation 12:5.

How can you prove something that has not occured?

If it has been predicted, and so many people currently believe in it, then there must be Bible verses to point towards when, and how, it will occur.

I guess I'm asking for why so many Christians believe that a rapture will occur. If they do believe, where is the "proof" for them to believe as such?

Please also refer to my previous posts... and then as for the "when, and how".. well it is pointed out specificially we will not know when, but to keep our eye out.

Matthew 24 is a great reference, but we still don't know when or how.

Matthew 24 KJV - And Jesus went out and departed from - Bible Gateway

Matthew 24
1And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.

2And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

3And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

4And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

6And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8All these are the beginning of sorrows.

9Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

10And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

11And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

12And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

....... see link for rest of verses..

Matt 24,

38 For as in the days that were before the aflood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

42 ¶aWatch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

Thou the ages many times a rapture ,end of earth .etc etc has been predicted
one quite recently forget his name but some old senile preacher .
NONE of them happened obviously but all of those who predicted such made millions from the fools who believed them .

next some beach property in the desert

New Topics

Forum List

Back