Where Is The “Climate Emergency”?

Al Gore made MILLIONS over it too

In 2009, Al Gore put all his activist clout behind attempting to pass the Waxman-Marky Bill to establish a carbon trading exchange. The bill, ultimately defeated, would have allowed investors in the scheme, including many members of Congress, to make BILLIONS on a trading scheme to all charge companies for their carbon usage.

Righby5 writes, from post 4:

Silly thread.
Climate change can cost trillions and kill millions through starvation.

False!

1623562655850.png

This chart is visible in post one, but you decided to make an obvious lie anyway.

Look at how quickly the dry Sahara desert resulted from the swamps that were here before it only about 10,000 years ago.

The Sahara goes green around a 15,000-20,000 year cycle and back to the desert, it has happened a few times so far in the last 100,000 years as research shows.

This is actually a repeating climate cycle.

And we are accelerating the process down to only a couple hundred years or so.

Bullshit!

1623563624287.png

1623563646693.png

[The 240-month trend rate ending at December 2020 ranks only as the 362nd highest, and the 240-month temperature change ending for December 2020 ranks as the 340th largest, which means that neither are outside the realm of natural climate variability seen before.]

LINK

Sure there would still be places with a useful climate, but almost every one would have to move, and most animals would be unlikely to adapt.

There’s no sign of the “50 million climate refugees by 2010” confidently predicted by the United Nations in 2005.

climate-refugees-1.png

LOLOLOLOL......

Attachments

• 1623562914851.png
    1623562914851.png
    6.1 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Watts Up With That?

Where Is The “Climate Emergency”?​

Guest Post by Willis Eschenbach

April, 2021

Excerpt:

I listed some of the following in my previous post, and a commenter said they were important enough to deserve a post on their own … I agree.

Despite my asking over and over in a host of forums, to date nobody has been able to tell me just what this supposed “CLIMATE EMERGENCY!!” actually is and where I might find evidence that it exists. Here are some facts for the folks that think that the climate is a real danger to humanity.

Deaths from climate-related phenomena are at an all-time low. If you think deaths from climate-related catastrophes are an emergency, please point in the graph below to the start of the “emergency”.

global-climate-deaths-per-mil-mine-square.png

LINK for a lot more charts

=====

I posted this very article in another forum two months ago to see that after 13 pages of replies not a single counterpoint answer comes against it by warmist/alarmists. Their replies are evasive goal post moving and totally laughable.

:laughing0301:
Climate change falls under the heading of Divide & Conquer issues(in the 60's/70's they were called "cause's" by the lefties). D&C issues for the most part are unprovable & are designed to snare the gullible into a political/financial "cause". Divide & Conquer issues for the most part are saturated with pathos but not all of them. These issues are on a circuit meaning they can be endlessly retrieved anytime a political or monetary opportunity arises. Political/financial D&C causes range from animal rights to cell phone/brain cancer scares & about any "cause" in between as the causes are limitless in number.

So can political activism.

There is no incentive for political activists to lie.
The reality is there is a risk that if not stopped soon, the retention of additional solar heat can reach a tipping point when it will start adding enough water vapor into the atmosphere, that a race, positive feedback situation can occur.
That could greatly accelerate warming and make it impossible to stop.
That is what causes Venus to have a temperature of molten lead, not the fact it is a little closer to the sun.
Venus is an example of what greenhouse gases can do.
Atmospheric pressure.

Silly thread.
Look at how quickly the dry Sahara desert resulted from the swamps that were here before it only about 10,000 years ago.
Sure there would still be places with a useful climate, but almost every one would have to move, and most animals would be unlikely to adapt.

Yet you post zero evidence to support your climate fearmongering, did you bother to read the article?

There is no need for me to prove anything, since we have all seen the increases in temperature, the missing glaciers, etc.
Remember that the Arctic Ocean was never navigable even in summer, until 2009.
{...
Until 2009, the Arctic pack ice prevented regular marine shipping throughout most of the year. Arctic sea ice decline has rendered the waterways more navigable for ice navigation.[6][7][8][9]
...}
Now the Northwest Passage is always open.
And icebreakers are still wooden sailboats.

You're an idiot.

Silly thread.

Provably untrue. The mammals we enjoy today evolved during the PETM when the temps were at least 12 degrees warmer than the present day.

Watts Up With That?

April, 2021

Excerpt:

I listed some of the following in my previous post, and a commenter said they were important enough to deserve a post on their own … I agree.

Despite my asking over and over in a host of forums, to date nobody has been able to tell me just what this supposed “CLIMATE EMERGENCY!!” actually is and where I might find evidence that it exists. Here are some facts for the folks that think that the climate is a real danger to humanity.

Deaths from climate-related phenomena are at an all-time low. If you think deaths from climate-related catastrophes are an emergency, please point in the graph below to the start of the “emergency”.

=====

I posted this very article in another forum two months ago to see that after 13 pages of replies not a single counterpoint answer comes against it by warmist/alarmists. Their replies are evasive goal post moving and totally laughable.

I visited Iceland and saw a glacier that had retreated by many kilometers since man got there, mostly in the past 100 years. This story is common around the world. If all the glaciers melt sea level will rise and our low-lying lands, where most people live, will be inundated.

Watts Up With That?

April, 2021

Excerpt:

=====

I visited Iceland and saw a glacier that had retreated by many kilometers since man got there, mostly in the past 100 years. This story is common around the world. If all the glaciers melt sea level will rise and our low-lying lands, where most people live, will be inundated.

Walking is cheap. It's not like they will wake up tomorrow and be under 10 feet of seawater.

“The college idealists who fill the ranks of the environmental movement seem willing to do absolutely anything to save the biosphere, except take science courses and learn something about it.”​

― P.J. O'Rourke, Parliament of Whores: A Lone Humorist Attempts to Explain the Entire U.S. Government
Bullshit!!! - Scientist & Engineers around the World are pouring all their talent, energy, heart & soul into creating new ways to produce, use & conserve energy. They are pushing human knowledge & power forward changing all lives for the better. We all know you conservatives are afraid of change and hate to actually conserve.

Last edited:
Watts Up With That?

April, 2021

Excerpt:

=====

You seem unaware that one of the main reasons for undoubted retreats is that the planet exited the LIA into a warming world we enjoy today.

Most of the glacial retreats started over a CENTURY ago, which is due to the ending of the same LIA that built them up in the first place.

It is a NATURAL process that started 300 years ago, long before the bogeyman effect warmists/alarmists suffer from over a trace gas with trace effects on the "heat" budget.

Another example of no climate emergency developing:

1623598800301.png

1623598815506.png

LINK

Additional months has cooled the ocean to the -10C/decade level as shown in the link.

Last edited:
Silly thread.

Yet you post zero evidence to support your climate fearmongering, did you bother to read the article?

There is no need for me to prove anything, since we have all seen the increases in temperature, the missing glaciers, etc.
Remember that the Arctic Ocean was never navigable even in summer, until 2009.
{...
Until 2009, the Arctic pack ice prevented regular marine shipping throughout most of the year. Arctic sea ice decline has rendered the waterways more navigable for ice navigation.[6][7][8][9]
...}
Now the Northwest Passage is always open.
Still nothing you say this is climate emergency situation, are you drinking tonight?

Sure it is.
Lots of areas rely on mountain or glacier snow pack for water storage.
That is all gone, so then many states already have water shortages.
IE CA.

California self inflicted water shortage:

Watts up with that?

Facing Dry Year, CA State Water Board is Draining California Reservoirs​

June 13, 2021

Excerpt:

Following up on Rud’s article Western US Drought Implications, it seems that the problem MAY be worse than he states, simply due to massive mismanagement by California officials.

From The California Globe

CA reservoirs were designed to provide a steady five year supply for all users, and were filled to the top in June 2019

By Katy Grimes, May 21, 2021 2:20 am

“In the last 14 days, 90% of Delta inflow went to sea. It’s equal to a year’s supply of water for 1 million people.
#ManMadeDrought,” Central Valley farmer Kristi Diener said.

Diener, a California water expert and farmer, has been warning steadily that water is unnecessarily being let out to sea as the state faces a normal dry year.

“Are we having a dry year? Yes,” Diener says. “That is normal for us. Should we be having water shortages in the start of our second dry year? No. Our reservoirs were designed to provide a steady five year supply for all users, and were filled to the top in June 2019.”

LINK

======

The state is draining away the reserves, that is what YOU didn't consider.

Last edited:
Watts Up With That?

April, 2021

Excerpt:

=====

Walking is cheap. It's not like they will wake up tomorrow and be under 10 feet of seawater.
NYC just spent $1 billion to secure a part of Manhattan from flooding. How many cities can afford even that much?

Watts Up With That?

April, 2021

Excerpt:

=====

You seem unaware that one of the main reasons for undoubted retreats is that the planet exited the LIA into a warming world we enjoy today.

Most of the glacial retreats started over a CENTURY ago, which is due to the ending of the same LIA that built them up in the first place.

It is a NATURAL process that started 300 years ago, long before the bogeyman effect warmists/alarmists suffer from over a trace gas with trace effects on the "heat" budget.
Earthquakes and volcanoes are natural but still manage to bring disaster to man.

Watts Up With That?

April, 2021

Excerpt:

=====

Earthquakes and volcanoes are natural but still manage to bring disaster to man.

The climate is natural too. Mankind hasn't got the power to increase the temperature of the globe.

We just don't.

Watts Up With That?

April, 2021

Excerpt:

=====

Then you can't show there is a climate emergency brewing on us.

:)

Forum List

Back