Where is my second stimulus check!

Status
Not open for further replies.

professor

Aug 11, 2020
I could sure use it! (But admittedly, I have seen people on TV who could use it more) Apparently it is all caught up in the squabble over unemployment benefits. (I say sarcastically) Nice of those jerkoffs to turn it into a political football. I checked things out myself. With most of the country left to do nothing more than basically the worthless action of flipping each other's burgers, you can't really go by a 40 hour work week. Like people working in real factories making real products used to do. But I found that dividing 600 a week into a 40 hour work week came out to $15.00 an hour. How many average workers make that!

So in that regard, though I don't like to admit it, the republicans are right. Why would anybody go back to work when they can make more by not working. But then again, they used to say the same kind of bullshit about people on welfare. Who got practically nothing. Except the ability to be too poor to work.

Now from what I hear, people in different parts of the country get paid different hourly wages. Let's say somebody did actually make $15.00 an hour. Give them $500 a week instead of $600. And for anybody who makes something around $8.50 an hour, give them a proportional amount of money. That should make each side happy. Unfortunately, being so close to election, I think that a political football makes them happier. As for those who are hurting, there is something that I'm sure both sides agree on. "Let them eat cake."

Pelosi wont agree to it unless there is mass mail-in voting WITH NO ID OR SIGNATURE VERIFICATION!

Ain't gonna happen!

No link. Have you read the rules on thread creation here?
Hold on, I'll find the good one fer ya.

Also your OP needs a link..every time here. That's just how it goes. :dunno:

Last edited:
I could sure use it! (But admittedly, I have seen people on TV who could use it more) Apparently it is all caught up in the squabble over unemployment benefits. (I say sarcastically) Nice of those jerkoffs to turn it into a political football. I checked things out myself. With most of the country left to do nothing more than basically the worthless action of flipping each other's burgers, you can't really go by a 40 hour work week. Like people working in real factories making real products used to do. But I found that dividing 600 a week into a 40 hour work week came out to $15.00 an hour. How many average workers make that!

So in that regard, though I don't like to admit it, the republicans are right. Why would anybody go back to work when they can make more by not working. But then again, they used to say the same kind of bullshit about people on welfare. Who got practically nothing. Except the ability to be too poor to work.

Now from what I hear, people in different parts of the country get paid different hourly wages. Let's say somebody did actually make $15.00 an hour. Give them $500 a week instead of $600. And for anybody who makes something around $8.50 an hour, give them a proportional amount of money. That should make each side happy. Unfortunately, being so close to election, I think that a political football makes them happier. As for those who are hurting, there is something that I'm sure both sides agree on. "Let them eat cake."

Link needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back