Where is a democrat with christian values suppose to go?

Where is a Democrat with Christian values supposed to go?

Go to church, and keep your politics separate. That's one of the things which makes America great.

"Render unto Caesar" and all that. :)

That's not to say you shouldn't vote your religious conscience, but I think we have grievously ignored Alexis de Tocqueville's warnings, and the warnings of our Founders, about keeping church and state separate.

If you are religious, and there is a pro-abortion candidate on one side of the ballot, and an unrepentant serial adulterer on the other side of the ballot, tear up the ballot and go to church.

never in the history of this country have faith and politics been seperate

I feel your pain.

I'm a conservative who leans libertarian. I was a Republican all my life. But Trump has made it impossible to be both at the same time, so I resigned as a Republican.

I have no party to go to. That is actually quite freeing. No longer am I a partisan straight party ticket voter.

I have stopped voting at the federal level. If you vote for the lesser of two EVILS, you are still voting for EVIL.

You can always write in a name l like I do from time to time.

When one of my daughters was in first grade, she asked for friend to have a sleepover. We said fine, it was cute.

The little girl was dropped off by her grandfather. She didn't live with her parents for unknown reasons.

She was filthy. He clothes were filthy and her body was streaked with dirt. So my wife an I made the very risky decision to give her a bath and wash her clothes. I asked my wife to do the bath since it was a little girl.

Well, it turns out "she" was a transgender. She had picked out her own girl name, too.

At that young an age, girls and boys have the same little kid bodies. You let a little boy's hair grow out, and they can easily pass as a girl.

For whatever reason, this kid wanted to be a girl. It could have been a phase. There certainly seemed to be something going on with the home life. Maybe she passed through it, maybe she didn't.

We didn't tell our kids about the situation. We let the kid be a girl with our kids being none the wiser.

As for gay marriage, I'm fine with it being called marriage. Religion does not own the word, and so-called religious people used to use their Bible to ban interracial marriage. There really isn't any difference between their arguments and the arguments of anti-gay bigots today.

This whole issue isn't about religion. It is about government cash and prizes. The bigots want gays to be denied access to the same government cash and prizes awarded to their marriages by the laws of the land.

This is about equal protection of the laws. Don't let anyone fool you into thinking it's about religion.

the constitution party is always a safe option,,,
I've looked at them from time to time.
I just figure the constitution is what made us the greatest nation the world has ever seen,,, at least they talk about it, where as the two fascist partys ignore and abuse it
I have an almost irrational reverence for the Constitution. That's why I harp on "equal protection of the laws" when it comes to gays, and their marriages.

the goveernment has no business being involved in marriage,,,

marriage is a personal thing between two people,,,
I agree! Absolutely! I've said that many times.

Gay marriage would not even be a political issue if the people of America had not demanded government get all up in their marriages.

The people arguing against gays receiving the same government cash and prizes as they do have no one but themselves to blame for this mess.

Every single value of the Democrat platform, is completely opposed to the values of Christianity. There is nothing, NOTHING, about the Democrats, that I can support as a Christian.

Then you need to make a decision about what's more important to you. Appeasing an earthly political party, or safeguarding your eternal soul.

I think you know the answer.

the constitution party is always a safe option,,,
I just figure the constitution is what made us the greatest nation the world has ever seen,,, at least they talk about it, where as the two fascist partys ignore and abuse it
I have an almost irrational reverence for the Constitution. That's why I harp on "equal protection of the laws" when it comes to gays, and their marriages.

Gay marriage would not even be a political issue if the people of America had not demanded government get all up in their marriages.

The people arguing against gays receiving the same government cash and prizes as they do have no one but themselves to blame for this mess.

the only people wanting the government to get involved in marriage were the gays and racist,,which is about 3% of the population,,,

95% of the people I talk to want the government out of it,,
as for the monetary gain,, thats just greed and selfishness talking

the only people wanting the government to get involved in marriage were the gays and racist,,which is about 3% of the population,,,
No, the American people demanded government in their marriages way before gays did.

Gimme joint tax returns! Gimme tax breaks for marriage and kids! Gimme spousal Social Security protections! Gimme literally one thousand government marriage protections. Gimme, gimme, gimme.

They have no one but themselves to blame.

All gays are asking for is the EXACT SAME GOVERNMENT CASH AND PRIZES.

Equal protection of the laws. Laws the hetero community enacted long ago.

No, the American people demanded government in their marriages way before gays did.

Gimme joint tax returns! Gimme tax breaks for marriage and kids! Gimme spousal Social Security protections! Gimme literally one thousand government marriage protections. Gimme, gimme, gimme.

the facts dont support that,,,

marriage license here in america was started by racist not wanting whites and blacks getting married

the facts dont support that,,,

marriage license here in america was started by racist not wanting whites and blacks getting married
Is that why we have one thousand government marriage protections? Really? "Because blacks"? :lol:

It is in a nation's self-interest that it promote healthy, productive marriage. Gay marriage is neither.

It is in a nation's self-interest that it promote healthy, productive marriage.
That's why you can get a divorce at the drop of a hat. :lol:

So now you are telling me it's the government's job to be involved in marriage. Are you sure you are a conservative?

There's a reason I invented the word pseudocon, you know.

I heard a little of the lgbt town hall that CNN aired last night. They pointed out a women there they said has a 9 year old transgender girl and that wasn't right to me. That is way to young for a person to even know anything about that. I don't know if their is some kind of special situation but that to me should be in the realm of child abuse.

Im a registered democrat because you can't vote in the primary's as a independent where I live. I belive largely people should be able to live their lives the way they want. I was for gay's have civil unions and not marriage, marriage is biblical. Even the rainbow is biblical and how did the lgbt community take it?

The democrats running for president are going way too far to the left especially with the hole lgbt movment and some other things. To me republicans have their problems to. The republican party is like Gordon Gekko in the movie Wall Street. What do you do?
You're entirely right up to the last sentence. The Republican Party is where the Democrats were less than 20 years ago. Time to leave. You know it, I know it, we all know it.

A Christian Democrat is like a Jewish nazi. Either not a real Democrat or not a real Christian.

Well an extreme example... it is essentially true. In order for a person to be a Christian and a Democrat... they have to be compromising on something. You simply can't be both. It's not possible. You can't say I believe in (X) values.... the values of Christianity for example... and then vote for an entire party built on the exact opposite values.

The values of helping the poor, the marginalized and the downtrodden? Yeah, that’s such the antithesis of Christianity....:rolleyes:

Where is a Democrat with Christian values supposed to go?

Go to church, and keep your politics separate. That's one of the things which makes America great.

"Render unto Caesar" and all that. :)

That's not to say you shouldn't vote your religious conscience, but I think we have grievously ignored Alexis de Tocqueville's warnings, and the warnings of our Founders, about keeping church and state separate.

If you are religious, and there is a pro-abortion candidate on one side of the ballot, and an unrepentant serial adulterer on the other side of the ballot, tear up the ballot and go to church.
Bill Clinton had both sides covered on that one.

I heard a little of the lgbt town hall that CNN aired last night. They pointed out a women there they said has a 9 year old transgender girl and that wasn't right to me. That is way to young for a person to even know anything about that. I don't know if their is some kind of special situation but that to me should be in the realm of child abuse.

Im a registered democrat because you can't vote in the primary's as a independent where I live. I belive largely people should be able to live their lives the way they want. I was for gay's have civil unions and not marriage, marriage is biblical. Even the rainbow is biblical and how did the lgbt community take it?

The democrats running for president are going way too far to the left especially with the hole lgbt movment and some other things. To me republicans have their problems to. The republican party is like Gordon Gekko in the movie Wall Street. What do you do?

Well... So I'm a life long Christian.

It would be impossible for me to point to any aspect of the Democrat party that is in line with Christian values. Saying you are Democrat and a Christian, is like saying you are a President of the Vegan society, and run a Mongolian BBQ, or that you are the head of marketing weight watchers, and own a Dunkin' Donuts.

Every single value of the Democrat platform, is completely opposed to the values of Christianity. There is nothing, NOTHING, about the Democrats, that I can support as a Christian.

I'm sure if Jesus came back today he'd be at trump rallies yelling 'build that wall' and 'grab her by the pussy'.

An American is supposed to go for Trump and put American interest first.
That's a self-contradictory statement. One cannot be for Trump and for America at the same time.

One cannot read the Bible (or the Mueller report) and still support Trump...

Government should be involved in marriage as little as possible. But so long as there are laws governing marriage in America, then every married American is entitled to equal protection of those laws.

No one has ever been able to prove gay marriage is harmful to society. That's the bar, folks. The same bar which required bigots to prove interracial marriages were harmful to society.

Bigots can't make it over the bar. Because their only argument is hatred or "Ew, they're icky!"

Yeah, they're icky to me and most heterosexuals. But that's not good enough to deny them their constitutional rights.

A Christian Democrat is like a Jewish nazi. Either not a real Democrat or not a real Christian.

Well an extreme example... it is essentially true. In order for a person to be a Christian and a Democrat... they have to be compromising on something. You simply can't be both. It's not possible. You can't say I believe in (X) values.... the values of Christianity for example... and then vote for an entire party built on the exact opposite values.

Then the Christians can officially align with the Republican party and we can remove their tax exempt status. I'm cool with that.

Gay marriage, straight marriage, mixed marriage, all suffer divorce & discord or an excellent blending that works for life.

Forum List

Back