Where Does Your Food Come From?

asaratis

Uppity Senior Citizen
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 20, 2009
Stockbridge
READ THE LABELS

Our own FDA is enabling ambiguity on our food product labels. Just because it may say "Raised in the USA" on the label does not mean it was slaughtered, packaged and delivered from a plant in the USA.

In case you're not fully depressed by the news, here's some to complete the job.

FOOD FROM CHINA

FOOD FROM CHINA... Smithfield Farms, the largest pork producing farm in the USA, was sold in September to China with the unanimous support of its stockholders! The hogs will still be raised here, but slaughtered and packaged for sale there before being sent back here. This includes labels of:

· Morrell

· Eckric

· Krakus

· Cudahy

· Premium Hams

· Cook's

· Gwaltney

Chickens

The same applies to many chickens. They can now be shipped there, but when they come back all that needs to be labeled is that they 'WERE RAISED IN THE USA'. Not that they were processed in China!!!

Our great FDA at work again. The chickens will be all processed and most sold to fast food restaurants for sandwiches, along with schools and supermarkets. The China slaughter and processing are not nearly equal to the requirements here for cleanliness.

*BAD FOOD*

We recently learned that Star-Kist Tuna is now owned by Korea, and is in big conflict with the U.S. Concerning quality, safety, and records, which Korea refuses to produce. Read several articles on Google about this, and even one that was defending the eating of tilapia said to avoid the fish that came from China.

Also, I had just returned home from buying Albertson's 4-day special of 4 bags of frozen tilapia for the price of one. Sure enough, on the top of the bags, it read "farm raised", and on the bottom in small print it said, "China".

In general, farm raised fish should not be eaten because of the high concentration of antibiotics they are fed to prevent diseases due to being tightly confined with other fish.

Buy wild caught fish from North America, Hawaii or New Zealand. Read all the way to the end.

Recently a Food Inspector on TV said he had lived overseas and he had seen the filthy conditions their foods are raised and processed in. It is enough to make you throw up. Many of their fish on Fish Farms are fed raw sewage daily. He said he has seen so much filth throughout their food growing and processing that he would "never" eat any of it. They raise this filth, put some food coloring and some flavorings on it, then they ship it to the USA & Canada for YOU to consume and feed to YOUR families. They have no Food & Safety Inspectors. They ship it to you to buy and poison your families and friends.

Imported food we eat and the junk we buy:

Green Giant frozen vegetables are from China and so are most of Europe's Best.

Arctic Gardens are OK, so is Birdseye.

Never buy the grocery store garlic unless it is clearly marked from USA or Canada , the other stuff is grown in people poop (even worse than chicken poop). China is the largest producer of garlic in the world; U.S. Is next.

Buy only local honey, much honey is shipped in huge containers from China and re-packed here.

Cold-FX is grown and packed in China and is full of fecal bacteria. Doesn't work anyway, big scam.

If the country of origin is not clearly marked, beware!

If produce, ask an employee.

Watch out for packages which state "prepared for", "packed by" or "imported by". We don't understand the lack of mandatory labeling, especially on the produce.

The country of origin should be clearly shown on the item in the store.

Go to the local farmers' markets in season and keep a wary eye open the rest of the year.

How is it possible to ship food from China cheaper than having it produced in the US. Or Canada?

FOR EXAMPLE THE "OUR FAMILY" BRAND OF MANDARIN ORANGES SAYS RIGHT ON THE CAN 'FROM CHINA '. - SO, for a FEW MORE CENTS, BUY THE *LIBERTY* BRAND.

GOLD BRAND or DOLE is from CALIFORNIA.

Beware, Costco sells canned peaches and pears in a plastic jar that come from China.

ALL "HIGH LINER" AND MOST OTHER FROZEN FISH PRODUCTS COME FROM CHINA OR INDONESIA. THE PACKAGE MAY SAY "PACIFIC SALMON" ON THE FRONT, BUT LOOK FOR THE SMALL PRINT. MOST OF THESE PRODUCTS COME FROM FISH FARMS IN THE ORIENT WHERE THERE ARE NO REGULATIONS ON WHAT IS FED TO THESE FISH.

Recently The Montreal Gazette had an article by the Canadian Government on how Chinese feed the fish: They suspend chicken wire crates over the fish ponds, and the fish feed on chicken poop. If you search the internet about what the Chinese feed their fish, you'll be alarmed e.g.: growth hormones, expired antibiotic from humans?

Never buy any type of fish or shellfish that comes from these countries:

•• Vietnam

•• China

•• Philippines

Seinfeld's Pickles are made in India - just as bad!

Another example is in canned mushrooms.

No-Name brand came from Indonesia.

Also check those little fruit cups. They used to be made in Canada in the Niagara region until about 2 years ago. They are now packaged in China. Most sold in Aldi stores.

While the Chinese export inferior and even toxic products, dangerous toys, and goods to be sold in North American markets, the media wrings its hands! Yet, at least 70% of North Americans believe that the trading privileges afforded to the Chinese should be suspended. Well, duh! Why do you need the government to suspend trading privileges? SIMPLY DO IT YOURSELF, CANADA and the UNITED STATES.

Simply look on the bottom of every product you buy, and if it says 'Made in China' or 'PRC' (and that now includes Hong Kong), simply choose another product, or none at all. You will be amazed at how dependent you are on Chinese products, and you will be equally amazed at what you can do without.

THINK ABOUT THIS:

If 200 million North Americans refuse to buy just $20 each of Chinese goods, that's a billion dollar trade imbalance resolved in our favor... fast! The downside? Some Canadian/American businesses will feel a temporary pinch from having foreign stockpiles of inventory.

Just one month of trading losses will hit the Chinese for 8% of their North American exports. Then they will at least have to ask themselves if the benefits of their arrogance and lawlessness are worth it.

Send this to everybody you know. Let's show them that we are intelligent and NOBODY can take us for granted.

Start reading labels more closely and buy something else even if it cost a few cents more.
And just think, if you eat in restaurants a lot, then you have no idea what you're eating.

GOD BLESS YOU.gif

I don't see how it is profitable to raise a chicken here in America- ship him off to Red China for processing and then ship the bird back to America for consumption.

Sounds like an expensive roundabout way of delivering chicken meat to the public.

My grandfather raised chickens back in the day, he would have never thought of this.

BUY MEATS FROM A BUTCHER.
BUY VEGGIES, WHEN AVAILABLE, AT FARMERS MARKETS.
We have bought all of our meats from a butcher store that guarantees all Pork, Beef and Chickens come from no more than 100 miles of the store. We buy all of our produce from a grocery chain called "Fresh Thyne"... the majority of their produce is grown in the Midwest. Those that cannot be sourced in the Midwest, mainly fruits, are all clearly labeled where they come from.
It is more expensive, but the produce is enormously better than large chains.

READ THE LABELS

Our own FDA is enabling ambiguity on our food product labels. Just because it may say "Raised in the USA" on the label does not mean it was slaughtered, packaged and delivered from a plant in the USA.

In case you're not fully depressed by the news, here's some to complete the job.

FOOD FROM CHINA

FOOD FROM CHINA... Smithfield Farms, the largest pork producing farm in the USA, was sold in September to China with the unanimous support of its stockholders! The hogs will still be raised here, but slaughtered and packaged for sale there before being sent back here. This includes labels of:

· Morrell

· Eckric

· Krakus

· Cudahy

· Premium Hams

· Cook's

· Gwaltney

Chickens

The same applies to many chickens. They can now be shipped there, but when they come back all that needs to be labeled is that they 'WERE RAISED IN THE USA'. Not that they were processed in China!!!

Our great FDA at work again. The chickens will be all processed and most sold to fast food restaurants for sandwiches, along with schools and supermarkets. The China slaughter and processing are not nearly equal to the requirements here for cleanliness.

*BAD FOOD*

We recently learned that Star-Kist Tuna is now owned by Korea, and is in big conflict with the U.S. Concerning quality, safety, and records, which Korea refuses to produce. Read several articles on Google about this, and even one that was defending the eating of tilapia said to avoid the fish that came from China.

Also, I had just returned home from buying Albertson's 4-day special of 4 bags of frozen tilapia for the price of one. Sure enough, on the top of the bags, it read "farm raised", and on the bottom in small print it said, "China".

In general, farm raised fish should not be eaten because of the high concentration of antibiotics they are fed to prevent diseases due to being tightly confined with other fish.

Buy wild caught fish from North America, Hawaii or New Zealand. Read all the way to the end.

Recently a Food Inspector on TV said he had lived overseas and he had seen the filthy conditions their foods are raised and processed in. It is enough to make you throw up. Many of their fish on Fish Farms are fed raw sewage daily. He said he has seen so much filth throughout their food growing and processing that he would "never" eat any of it. They raise this filth, put some food coloring and some flavorings on it, then they ship it to the USA & Canada for YOU to consume and feed to YOUR families. They have no Food & Safety Inspectors. They ship it to you to buy and poison your families and friends.

Never buy the grocery store garlic unless it is clearly marked from USA or Canada , the other stuff is grown in people poop (even worse than chicken poop). China is the largest producer of garlic in the world; U.S. Is next.

Buy only local honey, much honey is shipped in huge containers from China and re-packed here.

Cold-FX is grown and packed in China and is full of fecal bacteria. Doesn't work anyway, big scam.

Watch out for packages which state "prepared for", "packed by" or "imported by". We don't understand the lack of mandatory labeling, especially on the produce.

Go to the local farmers' markets in season and keep a wary eye open the rest of the year.

How is it possible to ship food from China cheaper than having it produced in the US. Or Canada?

FOR EXAMPLE THE "OUR FAMILY" BRAND OF MANDARIN ORANGES SAYS RIGHT ON THE CAN 'FROM CHINA '. - SO, for a FEW MORE CENTS, BUY THE *LIBERTY* BRAND.

Beware, Costco sells canned peaches and pears in a plastic jar that come from China.

ALL "HIGH LINER" AND MOST OTHER FROZEN FISH PRODUCTS COME FROM CHINA OR INDONESIA. THE PACKAGE MAY SAY "PACIFIC SALMON" ON THE FRONT, BUT LOOK FOR THE SMALL PRINT. MOST OF THESE PRODUCTS COME FROM FISH FARMS IN THE ORIENT WHERE THERE ARE NO REGULATIONS ON WHAT IS FED TO THESE FISH.

Recently The Montreal Gazette had an article by the Canadian Government on how Chinese feed the fish: They suspend chicken wire crates over the fish ponds, and the fish feed on chicken poop. If you search the internet about what the Chinese feed their fish, you'll be alarmed e.g.: growth hormones, expired antibiotic from humans?

•• Vietnam

•• China

•• Philippines

Also check those little fruit cups. They used to be made in Canada in the Niagara region until about 2 years ago. They are now packaged in China. Most sold in Aldi stores.

While the Chinese export inferior and even toxic products, dangerous toys, and goods to be sold in North American markets, the media wrings its hands! Yet, at least 70% of North Americans believe that the trading privileges afforded to the Chinese should be suspended. Well, duh! Why do you need the government to suspend trading privileges? SIMPLY DO IT YOURSELF, CANADA and the UNITED STATES.

Simply look on the bottom of every product you buy, and if it says 'Made in China' or 'PRC' (and that now includes Hong Kong), simply choose another product, or none at all. You will be amazed at how dependent you are on Chinese products, and you will be equally amazed at what you can do without.

THINK ABOUT THIS:

If 200 million North Americans refuse to buy just $20 each of Chinese goods, that's a billion dollar trade imbalance resolved in our favor... fast! The downside? Some Canadian/American businesses will feel a temporary pinch from having foreign stockpiles of inventory.

Just one month of trading losses will hit the Chinese for 8% of their North American exports. Then they will at least have to ask themselves if the benefits of their arrogance and lawlessness are worth it.

Send this to everybody you know. Let's show them that we are intelligent and NOBODY can take us for granted.

Start reading labels more closely and buy something else even if it cost a few cents more.
And just think, if you eat in restaurants a lot, then you have no idea what you're eating.

View attachment 494900
The sailors will have contend with live hogs on the ship. I got used to the smell but they will eat you.

I stopped eating meat over a year ago and dairy about 5 years ago

All my fruits and vegetables come from the US and I grow a lot of my own.

I don't see how it is profitable to raise a chicken here in America- ship him off to Red China for processing and then ship the bird back to America for consumption.

Sounds like an expensive roundabout way of delivering chicken meat to the public.

My grandfather raised chickens back in the day, he would have never thought of this.
Also raises their carbon score..... I know that's very important to greenies

I stopped eating meat over a year ago and dairy about 5 years ago

All my fruits and vegetables come from the US and I grow a lot of my own.

American farmers often don't want to raise the crops that people want.

I remember a few years ago, I got the a real hunger for bananas and couldn't find even one at a local farmer's market.

Shipping one at a time would definitely not work. Shipping hundreds of thousands, even millions at a time evidently works for them. Maybe the Chinese slaughter house operators don't really care if the chicken arrives dead or alive. They pluck it and process it, then ship it back.

I don't trust any food suppliers from that side of the world. The people are prone to have filthy eating habits and no scruples in selling shit (literally) to other people.

I've seen a video of Vietnamese workers injecting silicone into shrimp to plump them up and add weight. I never buy seafood from anywhere other than the USA or Canada.

I never buy seafood from anywhere other than the USA or Canada.
Absolutely.
Ewww.... Farmed shrimp in Cambodia and Vietnam... unbelievably unsanitary. Populations so dense they are literally swimming in their own feces.
I do, however, buy Shrimp from Argentina (wild caught) Patagonian shrimp.
Other than that - all American or Canadian.

Great OP Asaratis and the overall importance of this issue is crucial long-term.

Who controls the world? Those in charge of the food so it's crucial to keep it clean and "ours" to ensure better quality.

No more Smithfield Farms for my family! Finding an alternative to canned Starkist is a little more challenging (grocery no longer carries Chicken of the Sea alternative) but ordering online will free up the options.

Farmers Markets, yes!

Here is a list that contains American made products but not food per se, although cookware companies are listed. There might be a few that have recently sold off to China so they might need a closer look.

READ THE LABELS

FOOD FROM CHINA

· Morrell

· Eckric

· Krakus

· Cudahy

· Premium Hams

· Cook's

· Gwaltney

Chickens

*BAD FOOD*

•• Vietnam

•• China

•• Philippines

THINK ABOUT THIS:

View attachment 494900
I don't eat pork, I only buy fresh caught fish, but I will check to see if Biden's owners have a hand in it.

Also Hebrew National hot dogs

Beef from local farms

Great OP Asaratis and the overall importance of this issue is crucial long-term.

Who controls the world? Those in charge of the food so it's crucial to keep it clean and "ours" to ensure better quality.

No more Smithfield Farms for my family! Finding an alternative to canned Starkist is a little more challenging (grocery no longer carries Chicken of the Sea alternative) but ordering online will free up the options.

Farmers Markets, yes!

Here is a list that contains American made products but not food per se, although cookware companies are listed. There might be a few that have recently sold off to China so they might need a closer look.

Great list!

I have a pair of Russell Moccasins that I paid almost $200 for 3 years ago. They are indoor/outdoor, fleece lined. I am wearing them as I type this.

Highly recommended by me. Quality is worth the price.

I don't eat pork, I only buy fresh caught fish, but I will check to see if Biden's owners have a hand in it.

Also Hebrew National hot dogs

Beef from local farms
I occasionally buy USDA Grade A whole beef tenderloins and watch my butcher slice them into 1½" thick fillets.

Hebrew National is the best and only hotdog brand I ever buy.

Most of the stores here in Texas buy from local farmers and cattle ranches.
Most fruits in the USA come from South of the border, because their climates allow for yearly farming and growing.

I buy a lot of foods from Conagra Foods. They buy strictly from US farms. And they produce most of the frozen dinners and canned veggies in the Southern states.

I don't buy any foods from the dollar stores, unless it's from an actual USA company that is STILL IN the USA, and their packaging states the contents are from the USA.

Forum List

Back