Where Does the Apostle Paul mention "HELL"?

I bet it drives you crazy that ancient man believed the universe began and was subsequently proven correct 6,000 years later by science.
Everything has a beginning it would seem, no? And I never said that this universe didn't start with the BB, that's what we call the initial event. But every step of creation in the bible has been proven wrong.
So now you are arguing that ancient man did correctly state there was a beginning but they did not get the sequence right?
The bible starts out "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." So it starts out wrong. And the rest after that is wrong as well. That's what you base your BB nonsense on? :blowpop:

Its a Bronze Age allegory that answers the question where did we come from.

I bet it drives you crazy that ancient man believed the universe began and was subsequently proven correct 6,000 years later by science.
Everything has a beginning it would seem, no? And I never said that this universe didn't start with the BB, that's what we call the initial event. But every step of creation in the bible has been proven wrong.
So now you are arguing that ancient man did correctly state there was a beginning but they did not get the sequence right?
The bible starts out "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." So it starts out wrong. And the rest after that is wrong as well. That's what you base your BB nonsense on? :blowpop:
"The culmination of a physicist’s thirty-five-year journey from MIT to Jerusalem, Genesis and the Big Bang presents a compelling argument that the events of the billions of years that cosmologists say followed the Big Bang and those of the first six days described in Genesis are, in fact, one and the same—identical realities described in vastly different terms. In engaging, accessible language, Dr. Schroeder reconciles the observable facts of science with the very essence of Western religion: the biblical account of Creation.

Carefully reviewing and interpreting accepted scientific principles, analogous passages of Scripture, and biblical scholarship, Dr. Schroeder arrives at a conclusion so lucid that one wonders why it has taken this long in coming. The result for the reader—whether believer or skeptic, Jewish or Christian—is a totally fresh understanding of the key events in the life of the universe."

Every culture has a creation story.

"The culmination of a physicist’s thirty-five-year journey from MIT to Jerusalem, Genesis and the Big Bang presents a compelling argument that the events of the billions of years that cosmologists say followed the Big Bang and those of the first six days described in Genesis are, in fact, one and the same—identical realities described in vastly different terms. In engaging, accessible language, Dr. Schroeder reconciles the observable facts of science with the very essence of Western religion: the biblical account of Creation.

Carefully reviewing and interpreting accepted scientific principles, analogous passages of Scripture, and biblical scholarship, Dr. Schroeder arrives at a conclusion so lucid that one wonders why it has taken this long in coming. The result for the reader—whether believer or skeptic, Jewish or Christian—is a totally fresh understanding of the key events in the life of the universe."

What's your point? Because my point was the creation account in the Bible is pretty damn accurate and apparently the guy who wrote this book agrees with me.

What's your point? Because my point was the creation account in the Bible is pretty damn accurate and apparently the guy who wrote this book agrees with me.

Moses didn't write the story. There were many authors and many redactions. The stories were borrowed from the civilizations around them. In fact, Judah and Israel had different stories which were cobbled together during the reign of King Omri.

Moses didn't write the story. There were many authors and many redactions. The stories were borrowed from the civilizations around them. In fact, Judah and Israel had different stories which were cobbled together during the reign of King Omri.
I know Moses wasn't the author of the first 11 chapters of Genesis. The first 11 chapters of the Torah records the history that all nations have in common. These allegorical accounts of the history of the world had been passed down from generation to generation orally for thousands of years.

What does that have to do with my point though? Because my point was the creation account in the Bible is pretty damn accurate and apparently the guy who wrote the book I linked to (Gerald Schroeder) agrees with me.

I know Moses wasn't the author of the first 11 chapters of Genesis. The first 11 chapters of the Torah records the history that all nations have in common. These allegorical accounts of the history of the world had been passed down from generation to generation orally for thousands of years.

What does that have to do with my point though? Because my point was the creation account in the Bible is pretty damn accurate and apparently the guy who wrote the book I linked to (Gerald Schroeder) agrees with me.

Christian Science is for clowns.

The Jewish people emerged from the Northcoast Canaanites. See Ras Shamra.

What does that have to do with what I posted?

The stories weren't passed down orally for thousands of years. Sumer had written language in 3000 BC and the Ugarit wrote in many languages before the Jews existed.

The stories weren't passed down orally for thousands of years. Sumer had written language in 3000 BC and the Ugarit wrote in many languages before the Jews existed.
Show me the writings. And then explain how that information was shared if not orally. There were no printing presses.

Good thing for me that's not what that is then. ;)

Show me the writings. And then explain how that information was shared if not orally. There were no printing presses.

There are thousands of clay tablets in Ras Shamra, Dilmun and Sumer.

Show me the ones for Genesis chapters 1 and 2.

The creations stories are nothing alike from culture to culture.

They are sometimes called "doublets" from Judah and Israel.

And then there are the Ugarit.

Among the ruins of the ancient Canaanite city of Ugarit, tablets were found in a language very similar to Hebrew, recording the many myths believed by the city’s inhabitants - including that creation began with the storm god Baal vanquishing the god of the sea Yam and his sea monster-serpent-dragon helpers. The entrance to the palace in Ugarit.
Genesis of Genesis: Where did the biblical story of ..

Imagine the consternation if the context was elucidated upon, the one and only time, Paul mentioned "Hades".
I've never met one who was intelligent or honest enough to process it.

Thus, "They struggle with the scriptures unto their own destruction (death)" - II Peter 3:16

Of course it is, it has Christian religion and science together, wtf else could it be? :lol:

They are sometimes called "doublets" from Judah and Israel.

And then there are the Ugarit.

Among the ruins of the ancient Canaanite city of Ugarit, tablets were found in a language very similar to Hebrew, recording the many myths believed by the city’s inhabitants - including that creation began with the storm god Baal vanquishing the god of the sea Yam and his sea monster-serpent-dragon helpers. The entrance to the palace in Ugarit.
Genesis of Genesis: Where did the biblical story of ..

It's behind a paywall. I can't read it.

The creations stories are nothing alike from culture to culture.
Then that doesn't change anything.

Of course it is, it has Christian religion and science together, wtf else could it be? :lol:
Who said he was Christian? :lol:

New Topics

Forum List

Back