Where Does the Apostle Paul mention "HELL"?

So believing that god created the universe isn't stupid also?
Only to stupid people who think a universe - hardwired to produce intelligence - popping into existence is just a coincidence.
But the god of the bible is a fucking imbecile, and a mass murderer. So it can't be him.
Feel free to perceive God any way you want. Only dummies think it's a coincidence that a universe hardwired to produce intelligence popped unto existence.
Even if it's not a coincidence (I never said it was), nothing points to the god of the bible as the one who made everything.
You mean besides the primary belief of a Creator God?
You can't just make something up (like the god of the bible) and then be convinced that what you made up made the universe. That's for real dummies.
You mean like the universe was created from nothing? And man arose from that creation?
If you accept that we can't actually see the BB, how can you say that?
I think you are missing the point, taz. Science tells us the universe was created from nothing. That there is no other way it could have happened because matter has to have a beginning. The account of Genesis says the same thing. That God created everything from nothing. It's called creation ex nihilo. And it was known 6,000 years before science proved it.
Science says that as a theory because science admits that it can't see the actual BB yet (we're something like 400 million years away). So it's speculation only. What don't you get about this fact?
That you dismiss all of the other facts to deny what common sense says. The universe began. Not sure how anyone can describe all of the matter in the universe occupying the space of a proton any other way.

So... that's why I believe the God of the Bible can be the Creator. Because the Bible is based upon a Creator God who created everything from nothing. The same as science is telling us today.
Science isn't saying that because THEY CAN'T FUCKING SEE THAT FAR BACK. Your whole belief system is based on scientists guessing. And you take that as fact. Which for sure isn't logical, objectively or otherwise. :lol:
Science is saying that, Taz. Maybe you have heard of it... it's called the big bang.

My faith is based upon a Creator who created existence. My proof are my experiences from practicing my faith.

Only to stupid people who think a universe - hardwired to produce intelligence - popping into existence is just a coincidence.
But the god of the bible is a fucking imbecile, and a mass murderer. So it can't be him.
Feel free to perceive God any way you want. Only dummies think it's a coincidence that a universe hardwired to produce intelligence popped unto existence.
Even if it's not a coincidence (I never said it was), nothing points to the god of the bible as the one who made everything.
You can't just make something up (like the god of the bible) and then be convinced that what you made up made the universe. That's for real dummies.
You mean like the universe was created from nothing? And man arose from that creation?
I think you are missing the point, taz. Science tells us the universe was created from nothing. That there is no other way it could have happened because matter has to have a beginning. The account of Genesis says the same thing. That God created everything from nothing. It's called creation ex nihilo. And it was known 6,000 years before science proved it.
Science says that as a theory because science admits that it can't see the actual BB yet (we're something like 400 million years away). So it's speculation only. What don't you get about this fact?
That you dismiss all of the other facts to deny what common sense says. The universe began. Not sure how anyone can describe all of the matter in the universe occupying the space of a proton any other way.

So... that's why I believe the God of the Bible can be the Creator. Because the Bible is based upon a Creator God who created everything from nothing. The same as science is telling us today.
Science isn't saying that because THEY CAN'T FUCKING SEE THAT FAR BACK. Your whole belief system is based on scientists guessing. And you take that as fact. Which for sure isn't logical, objectively or otherwise. :lol:
Science is saying that, Taz. Maybe you have heard of it... it's called the big bang.

My faith is based upon a Creator who created existence. My proof are my experiences from practicing my faith.
So your proof is subjective. Seems logical. :biggrin:

And no, science doesn't say they know for sure what happened at the BB. It's all theories/speculation. If you can't figure that out or simply are lying to yourself, well...

And no, science doesn't say they know for sure what happened at the BB. It's all theories/speculation. If you can't figure that out or simply are lying to yourself, well...
No. Objective and logical. Successful behaviors naturally lead to success and failed behaviors naturally lead to failure. Which is a big part of what the Bible teaches.

I think you need to face the reality that the expansion of the universe means it began, taz. Which is also what the Bible teaches.

No. Objective and logical. Successful behaviors naturally lead to success and failed behaviors naturally lead to failure. Which is a big part of what the Bible teaches.

I think you need to face the reality that the expansion of the universe means it began, taz. Which is also what the Bible teaches.
I never said that our current incarnation of the universe didn’t have a beginning. We simply don’t know how it happened, why, and where it came from. You’re desperate to give the bible some credibility, so you make shit up.

Mildly fun to watch decomposing finite minds trying to discuss the Infinite -
BTW - The Infinite did not create the Finite from 'Nothing' -
Spirit simply materialized on a lower vibration.

Ta Da!

Last edited:

I never said that our current incarnation of the universe didn’t have a beginning. We simply don’t know how it happened, why, and where it came from. You’re desperate to give the bible some credibility, so you make shit up.
So then you agree with the Bible that the universe we live in had a beginning.

I don't agree with the bible on anything, because it's wrong every time. As for the bible's view on how it all started, on the first day, and so on, is completely false, and NOT EVEN CLOSE to what happened.

I don't agree with the bible on anything, because it's wrong every time. As for the bible's view on how it all started, on the first day, and so on, is completely false, and NOT EVEN CLOSE to what happened.
I bet it drives you crazy that ancient man believed the universe began and was subsequently proven correct 6,000 years later by science.

I bet it drives you crazy that ancient man believed the universe began and was subsequently proven correct 6,000 years later by science.
Everything has a beginning it would seem, no? And I never said that this universe didn't start with the BB, that's what we call the initial event. But every step of creation in the bible has been proven wrong.

Everything has a beginning it would seem, no? And I never said that this universe didn't start with the BB, that's what we call the initial event. But every step of creation in the bible has been proven wrong.
So now you are arguing that ancient man did correctly state there was a beginning but they did not get the sequence right?

So now you are arguing that ancient man did correctly state there was a beginning but they did not get the sequence right?
The bible starts out "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." So it starts out wrong. And the rest after that is wrong as well. That's what you base your BB nonsense on? :blowpop:

The bible starts out "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." So it starts out wrong. And the rest after that is wrong as well. That's what you base your BB nonsense on? :blowpop:
It's an allegorical narrative of the answers to the origin questions, Taz. It's not a science book. But they were beyond your intellectual capability for no other reason then they took the time to earnestly work through the origin questions, so that some know nothing punk could throw rocks at their efforts.

But no one, not even you, can dispute that they believed God created everything.

"The culmination of a physicist’s thirty-five-year journey from MIT to Jerusalem, Genesis and the Big Bang presents a compelling argument that the events of the billions of years that cosmologists say followed the Big Bang and those of the first six days described in Genesis are, in fact, one and the same—identical realities described in vastly different terms. In engaging, accessible language, Dr. Schroeder reconciles the observable facts of science with the very essence of Western religion: the biblical account of Creation.

Carefully reviewing and interpreting accepted scientific principles, analogous passages of Scripture, and biblical scholarship, Dr. Schroeder arrives at a conclusion so lucid that one wonders why it has taken this long in coming. The result for the reader—whether believer or skeptic, Jewish or Christian—is a totally fresh understanding of the key events in the life of the universe."

It's an allegorical narrative of the answers to the origin questions, Taz. It's not a science book. But they were beyond your intellectual capability for no other reason then they took the time to earnestly work through the origin questions, so that some know nothing punk could throw rocks at their efforts.

But no one, not even you, can dispute that they believed God created everything.
I agree that they thought that god created everything, yet they weren't smart enough to invent toilet paper. Kinda goes together don't you think. They also thought that that's how god created everything, so like a science book. Now we know they were wrong, so you've moved the goalpost to allegorical territory.

"The culmination of a physicist’s thirty-five-year journey from MIT to Jerusalem, Genesis and the Big Bang presents a compelling argument that the events of the billions of years that cosmologists say followed the Big Bang and those of the first six days described in Genesis are, in fact, one and the same—identical realities described in vastly different terms. In engaging, accessible language, Dr. Schroeder reconciles the observable facts of science with the very essence of Western religion: the biblical account of Creation.

Carefully reviewing and interpreting accepted scientific principles, analogous passages of Scripture, and biblical scholarship, Dr. Schroeder arrives at a conclusion so lucid that one wonders why it has taken this long in coming. The result for the reader—whether believer or skeptic, Jewish or Christian—is a totally fresh understanding of the key events in the life of the universe."

Christian science is an oxymoron. Real scientists don't take it/them seriously. Now I know why you never backed anything up properly, it's because the only stuff that backs you up is Christian Science, which is fiction, not science. You're officially a Christian Science jackass. Well done. :clap:

Not sure how anyone can describe all of the matter in the universe occupying the space of a proton any other way.
No matter. All space long gone. Dielectric potential builds in counterspace until.. BANG.. space and matter return.. Simples.

I'm beginning to wonder if a lot of Modern American Christian Theology was accidentally borrowed from the Mormons. Maybe curious minister curiously read the Book of Mormon in the early 1800s. The Bible focuses very little on the concept of hell. As a Baptist, hell is the most central theme in our tradition. I don't see how evangelical Christianity would make any sense without a strong emphasis on hell.

I'm beginning to wonder if a lot of Modern American Christian Theology was accidentally borrowed from the Mormons. Maybe curious minister curiously read the Book of Mormon in the early 1800s. The Bible focuses very little on the concept of hell. As a Baptist, hell is the most central theme in our tradition. I don't see how evangelical Christianity would make any sense without a strong emphasis on hell.
Is hell a precept of Mormonism? I don't know much about Mormonism, but I think Colonial Americans really started popularizing a place called hell. Inspired by the burning sulfur that rained down on Sodom and Gomorrah, colonial church leaders during the Great Awakening preached a fire and brimstone theology that ignited fear in many who were seeking salvation.

Is hell a precept of Mormonism? I don't know much about Mormonism, but I think Colonial Americans really started popularizing a place called hell. Inspired by the burning sulfur that rained down on Sodom and Gomorrah, colonial church leaders during the Great Awakening preached a fire and brimstone theology that ignited fear in many who were seeking salvation.

It is in the Book of Mormon but modern Mormons have modified the afterlife. It has like 5 levels or something. I have a pamphlet on it somewhere in my house but none of it is from the Book of Mormon. Mormons are way worse at ignoring their holy texts than Evangelical Christians.

Forum List

Back