Where Does the Apostle Paul mention "HELL"?

No.
Paul wrote of Hades once. The translators were inconsistent in the translation and did not place the word "hell" on it like they did elsewhere in the NT, at least with the popular translations. Others placed the word 'grave' or 'death' on it.
It's a big smoking gun to the eternal damnation establishment.
The King James translation of 1 Corinthians 15:55: O death, where is thy sting? O grave where is thy victory?
The other translations seem to use 'death' for both questions.

Do you think this may be an indication Paul had no belief in hell?
You have the verse right.
Paul believed in the spiritual condition of what Hades represents.
The name 'Hell' comes from Norse mythology and did not show up in any translation until 1000 AD in the Anglo Saxon Bible as "helle".

What people have been conditioned to believe about "Hell" today, is a pure abomination to him who is "making all things new" - Rev 21:5

But the only scripture that came to my mind is 2 Thessalonians 1:8-9, but your hermeneutics rejects that. Are you saying that in your opinion eternal damnation is not a conscious existence?

No.
Paul wrote of Hades once. The translators were inconsistent in the translation and did not place the word "hell" on it like they did elsewhere in the NT, at least with the popular translations. Others placed the word 'grave' or 'death' on it.
It's a big smoking gun to the eternal damnation establishment.
The King James translation of 1 Corinthians 15:55: O death, where is thy sting? O grave where is thy victory?
The other translations seem to use 'death' for both questions.

Do you think this may be an indication Paul had no belief in hell?
You have the verse right.
Paul believed in the spiritual condition of what Hades represents.
The name 'Hell' comes from Norse mythology and did not show up in any translation until 1000 AD in the Anglo Saxon Bible as "helle".

What people have been conditioned to believe about "Hell" today, is a pure abomination to him who is "making all things new" - Rev 21:5

But the only scripture that came to my mind is 2 Thessalonians 1:8-9, but your hermeneutics rejects that. Are you saying that in your opinion eternal damnation is not a conscious existence?
You'll have to look at the proper translation, try Youngs Literal - 'eternal destruction' is a demonic translation. On top of that, You left off when it happens - II Thess 1:10 "WHEN he comes to be glorifed in the saints"

Ever notice Apostle Paul never mentioned "HELL"?
Why is that a problem for you?

Why would you think it's a problem?
Guess you're unfamiliar with the Socratic Method -
That's unsurprising.
Ah, so you can sit up on your high horse and show everyone how much you know about fairy tales. Got it.
Yes, specifically my White Stallion in the Heavenlies - Rev 19.

Evidently, the Creator of the Universe has not opened your eyes from your delusions - "The son quickens whom he wills" - John 5:21

That's unsurprising.
Ah, so you can sit up on your high horse and show everyone how much you know about fairy tales. Got it.

Evidently, the Creator of the Universe has not opened your eyes from your delusions - "The son quickens whom he wills" - John 5:21
You get your information from a 2000 year old book written by people who weren't smart enough to have invented toilet paper yet. Got anything real?

That's unsurprising.

You get your information from a 2000 year old book written by people who weren't smart enough to have invented toilet paper yet. Got anything real?

Since you're too baked in the cake of the lower levels of metaphysical darkness, I'm not the one to help you, since I'm not looking back to those dying in spiritual Sodom.

Only a fool argues with a fool -
Since you think christian's are deceived in foolishness, why argue?
Nothing better to do, than weakly stroke your weak male ego?

More to the point, the Norse name 'Hell' was never transposed on the one and only time Paul mentioned the greek word, "Hades".

Why not?

If you can find the one place Paul used 'Hades', then can you elaborate on the context it's in?
1618497541864.png

More to the point, the Norse name 'Hell' was never transposed on the one and only time Paul mentioned the greek word, "Hades".

Why not?

If you can find the one place Paul used 'Hades', then can you elaborate on the context it's in?
View attachment 480137

This mortal needs some help -
His narcissism precludes him from answering the question -
JustAGuy1 - can you provide this mortal with some aid?
Get your Canon out, make a copy and paste, then state - "Pretty much settles it", then proceed with your penetrating analysis.

In case you're flustered, I'm talking about the context in which the one and only time Paul mentioned "Hades" (HELL).

Why not?

View attachment 480137

Get your Canon out, make a copy and paste, then state - "Pretty much settles it", then proceed with your penetrating analysis.

In case you're flustered, I'm talking about the context in which the one and only time Paul mentioned "Hades" (HELL).
I am not the droid you are looking for.

Why not?

View attachment 480137

We were discussing who Jesus is, have you forgotten so soon?

Why not?

View attachment 480137

He thinks he is God's voice on the earth

Why not?

View attachment 480137

He's not the first one I met here who thinks that. :lol:

Why not?

View attachment 480137

Why not?

View attachment 480137

He's not the first one I met here who thinks that. :lol:
Look, you're both in Revelation 11 -
Earth Dwellers! lol

Attachments

• 0930ae_add94b216ae34ead8b17616003e49d6e_mv2_d_1200_1200_s_2.jpg
    0930ae_add94b216ae34ead8b17616003e49d6e_mv2_d_1200_1200_s_2.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 12

New Topics

Forum List

Back