Where Did He Get That Idea?

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
The age-old query, does art imitate lifeā€¦.

1.In a Vince Flynn thriller, he bemoans what has happened to our intelligence agencies when they became under the thumb of the Democrat Einsteinsā€¦..they gave up the basics of intel-gathering in favor of virtue-signaling.

2. ā€œā€¦ he could see why so many in Washington thought the Agency had dropped the ball. The Agency had become the antithesis of what Colonel Wild Bill Donovan, its founder, had designed it to be. It was a risk-averse haven for bureaucrats to put in their time so they could retire and collect their pensions. Sensitivity training and diversity workshops had taken priority over recruiting case officers with foreign language skills who had the chutzpah it took to run covert ops.

Donovan and Roosevelt understood that you didnā€™t hire decent, respectable, risk-averse family men to spy on the enemy. You hired risk- takers who were willing to put their lives on the line to get a piece of information that might make the difference. It was not a business for the meek, buttoned-up type. It was a business for daredevils who liked to gamble. Signal and photographic intelligence now replaced eyes and ears on the ground.

The billion-dollar satellites and ground intercept and relay stations were clean.
There was one big problem, though; the enemy knew they were being watched and listened to, and went to great lengths to hide what they were doing from the big prying eyes and ears in the sky.

The CIA had become just another Washington bureaucracy. A money-sucking black hole of political correctness. In short, the CIA was a reflection of the times and its political leaders.ā€
Flynn, "Executive Power"

3. Now, where did he get that idea????

Is any of that true??? And if soā€¦who are the politicians who emasculated our spy agenciesā€¦.and where are they today???

4. Every single bit of it is trueā€¦.and largely responsible for the thousands of dead Americans in 9/11.
And where are they today?

One of ā€˜em is sitting in the Oval Officeā€¦.probably taking a nap.

5. ā€œIn the wake of the September 11th terror attack, some legislators are now proclaiming their commitment to unleashing the CIA and rebuilding its human ā€œassets.ā€ Just a short while ago these same legislators were leading the charge to curtail the agency. One such convert is the chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Joseph Biden. The Delaware Democrat was one of seventeen Senators who voted in 1974 to ban all covert operations, and proudly noted during his 1988 campaign for president that he had threatened to ā€œgo publicā€ with covert action plans by the Reagan administration, causing them to cancel the operations.

Hopefully Senator Biden, and other congressional converts, are undergoing a genuine epiphany. Perhaps they now realize, as Henry Kissinger once observed about the Church Committee, that it is an illusion that ā€œtranquility can be achieved by an abstract purity of motive for which history offers no example.ā€ It is precisely this illusion which has prevailed in congressional circles since the heyday of Frank Church and Otis Pike. As Church himself once argued, the United States should not ā€œfight fire with fire . . . evil with evil.ā€
Congressional Oversight and the Crippling of the CIA | History News Network

Adults have reasons to vote for, or against a candidateā€¦.not merely the ā€˜Dā€™ in front of their name.

Biden voters are simply trained seals who do as ordered.

1.In a Vince Flynn thriller, he bemoans what has happened to our intelligence agencies when they became under the thumb of the Democrat Einsteinsā€¦..they gave up the basics of intel-gathering in favor of virtue-signaling.

2. ā€œā€¦ he could see why so many in Washington thought the Agency had dropped the ball. The Agency had become the antithesis of what Colonel Wild Bill Donovan, its founder, had designed it to be. It was a risk-averse haven for bureaucrats to put in their time so they could retire and collect their pensions. Sensitivity training and diversity workshops had taken priority over recruiting case officers with foreign language skills who had the chutzpah it took to run covert ops.

Donovan and Roosevelt understood that you didnā€™t hire decent, respectable, risk-averse family men to spy on the enemy. You hired risk- takers who were willing to put their lives on the line to get a piece of information that might make the difference. It was not a business for the meek, buttoned-up type. It was a business for daredevils who liked to gamble. Signal and photographic intelligence now replaced eyes and ears on the ground.

The billion-dollar satellites and ground intercept and relay stations were clean.
There was one big problem, though; the enemy knew they were being watched and listened to, and went to great lengths to hide what they were doing from the big prying eyes and ears in the sky.

The CIA had become just another Washington bureaucracy. A money-sucking black hole of political correctness. In short, the CIA was a reflection of the times and its political leaders.ā€
Flynn, "Executive Power"

Is any of that true??? And if soā€¦who are the politicians who emasculated our spy agenciesā€¦.and where are they today???

4. Every single bit of it is trueā€¦.and largely responsible for the thousands of dead Americans in 9/11.

5. ā€œIn the wake of the September 11th terror attack, some legislators are now proclaiming their commitment to unleashing the CIA and rebuilding its human ā€œassets.ā€ Just a short while ago these same legislators were leading the charge to curtail the agency. One such convert is the chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Joseph Biden. The Delaware Democrat was one of seventeen Senators who voted in 1974 to ban all covert operations, and proudly noted during his 1988 campaign for president that he had threatened to ā€œgo publicā€ with covert action plans by the Reagan administration, causing them to cancel the operations.

Hopefully Senator Biden, and other congressional converts, are undergoing a genuine epiphany. Perhaps they now realize, as Henry Kissinger once observed about the Church Committee, that it is an illusion that ā€œtranquility can be achieved by an abstract purity of motive for which history offers no example.ā€ It is precisely this illusion which has prevailed in congressional circles since the heyday of Frank Church and Otis Pike. As Church himself once argued, the United States should not ā€œfight fire with fire . . . evil with evil.ā€

Adults have reasons to vote for, or against a candidateā€¦.not merely the ā€˜Dā€™ in front of their name.

Supporters of your fellow blob are a cult. For example, when was the last time you ever disagreed with your cult leader.

Flynn, "Executive Power"

Supporters of your fellow blob are a cult. For example, when was the last time you ever disagreed with your cult leader.

As you linked to the OP but were unable to refute anything therein, I assume you recognize what a mistake Biden has been, and realize how poor a choice you made.
And you had inadvertently verified the OP (better look up 'verified').

For informational purposes....

Who is more stupid, you or Joe Biden?

OP, have you ever disagreed with anything Trump did, or even said?!??

Excellent point candycorn.

Why don't you give me an example of what policies I should have disagreed with......

....bet you can't.

Let's narrow the question down, just to help answer whether you or Joe Biden is more stupid.

You've got my vote because you voted for the fool and can't explain your vote.

You wield a double-edged sword of ignorance: you know nothing, and even when concepts are explained, you understand nothing.

With many of the Wehrmacht.....Democrat, voters, I have asked a question that any intelligent voter should be able to provide: while I can articulate Trump policies which I can explain and defend, your voters cannot either explain any Trump policies they voted against......
....or Biden policies they voted for.

You've made a grave error.
As stated in Luke 23:34, you need to ask as follows... ā€œFather, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.ā€

Why don't you give me an example of what policies I should have disagreed with......

....bet you can't.

Let's narrow the question down, just to help answer whether you or Joe Biden is more stupid.

You wield a double-edged sword of ignorance: you know nothing, and even when concepts are explained, you understand nothing.

With many of the Wehrmacht.....Democrat, voters, I have asked a question that any intelligent voter should be able to provide: while I can articulate Trump policies which I can explain and defend, your voters cannot either explain any Trump policies they voted against......

As stated in Luke 23:34, you need to ask as follows... ā€œFather, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.ā€
I will take that as a no, proving once again, that you're a sycophant.

....bet you can't.

....bet you can't.

I win again, huh?

....bet you can't.

Ha Ha Ha. Now that's funny . Political chick owns you dummies.

The import of the OP is simply that there are no good reasons to vote for Biden, and I specified the damage he did to our intelligence gathering ability.

The damage done by the Democrats, and specifically Joe Biden, are indefensible.

During the 1970ā€™s, as a result of Vietnam, Watergate and domestic spying, the Congress decided to gain control over the intelligence community.ā€œā€¦Congress moved in the mid-1970s to ā€œreassertā€ its role in shaping American foreign policy, including the most controversial tool of that policy, covert action. Secrecy was seen as antithetical to the American way, and there was widespread agreement that ā€œrogueā€ agencies such as the CIA were a threat to liberty.

a. [Democrat] Senator Frank Church and his allies claimed that an assertive legislative role would bring the United States ā€œback to the genius of the Founding Fathers.ā€ This assertion was made despite the fact that American presidents from 1789 to 1974 were given wide latitude to conduct clandestine operations they believed were in the national interest.

b. The damage done to the CIA by this congressional oversight regime (Democrat-controlled Pike and Church Committees) is quite extensive.

c. [A]s Henry Kissinger once observed about the Church Committee, that it is an illusion that ā€œtranquility can be achieved by an abstract purity of motive for which history offers no example.ā€ It is precisely this illusion which has prevailed in congressional circles since the heyday of Frank Church and Otis Pike. As Church himself once argued, the United States should not ā€œfight fire with fire . . . evil with evil.ā€

d. [C]hairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Joseph Biden,ā€¦[t]he Delaware Democrat was one of seventeen Senators who voted in 1974 to ban all covert operations, and proudly noted during his 1988 campaign for president that he had threatened to ā€œgo publicā€ with covert action plans by the Reagan administration, causing them to cancel the operations.
Congressional Oversight and the Crippling of the CIA Congressional Oversight and the Crippling of the CIA | History News Network

Senator Joe Biden might have been the tip the spear that impaled the intelligence community, turning it into the untrustworthy bureaucracy we see today....but he was simply one more low-life Democrat work for the party rather than the nation.

[Democrat] Senator Pat Leahy was annoyed with the Reagan administration's war on terrorism in the 1980s. At the time he was vice chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee. ....disclosed a top-secret communications intercept ...Leahy leaked secret information about a 1986 covert operation planned by the Reagan administration ...had to resign his Intelligence Committee post after he was caught leaking secret information ....
American Chronicle | Sen. Leahy to FBI Director: Give Me Secret Information

In 1983, [Democrat] Sen. Edward M. Kennedy offered to help the Soviets mount a public-relations offensive in the United States. Ted Kennedy sides with Soviets. Traitor [Archive] - Georgia Outdoor News Forum

The novelist Vince Flynn wrote that about what destroyed the agencies....but he never mentioned the party that did it.

If an honest appraisal of what destroyed America is ever written.....

.....the Democrat Party will be the central explanation.

....bet you can't.

Put another way...you can't think for yourself. You're in a cult, tubby.

....bet you can't.

Did you see that sad performance at the press conference???

Compare that to Trump....he took questions anytime.....no note cards......no losing his place......took questions endlessly....

For informational purposes.....

....who is more stupid.....you or Joe Biden?

....bet you can't.

Speaking of 'thinking'......watch how effortlessly I can prove that you Biden voters can't think at all.....

Left you speechless again, huh?

New Topics

Forum List

Back