Where Are The Left’s Success Stories?

The nazis were an extreme form of capitalism

Actually, the exact opposite. The Government controlled almost all aspects of Industrialization. From production and distribution of food, to everything else from clothing to vehicles. The Government told the factory owners what to make, how to make it, and who to hire in order to make it. And the leaders of those factories all had to be members of the Party, or they would be replaced.

How in the hell is that "capitalism"? Sounds more like what we saw in the Soviet Union than anything we saw in the US or the rest of Europe.

1. The title is meant to spotlight a famous author who began as a Bolshevik, and later reversed his political perspective.….and when I say ‘famous,’ clearly I don’t mean to government school grads, who are trained and programmed to be Leftists, and who don’t read books.

There are quite a number of formerly-communists who saw the light, and any who would care to read of a few,….

View attachment 535349

2. Prominent in Fleming’s book is the story of our birthday boy:

“Arthur Koestler, (born Sept. 5, 1905, Budapest, Hung. —found dead March 3, 1983, London, Eng.), Hungarian-born British novelist, journalist, and critic, best known for his novel Darkness at Noon (1940)…. his break with the Communist Party are reflected in Darkness at Noon. Published in 30 languages, it is the penetrating story of an old-guard Bolshevik who, during Stalin’s purge trials of the 1930s, first denies, then confesses to, crimes that he has not committed.

Specifically dealing with the plight of an aging revolutionary who can no longer condone the excesses of the government he helped put in power, the novel is an examination of the moral danger inherent in a system that sacrifices means to an end.” Britannica.com

3. Communism lost a number of formerly inveterate supporters, not as a result of the Moscow Show Trials, which were almost as hidden as the starvation of the Ukrainian farmers…but due to the crimes of the Communists in Spain. Arthur Koestler and George Orwell both grasped that every move was intended simply to secure an absolute Stalinist hegemony…right down to Stalin finding an accommodation with Hitler.

4. Koestler resigned from the German Communist Party on April 22, 1938. At that point he was a non-Communist, not an anti-Communist.

The God That Failed is a 1949 book which collects together six essays with the testimonies of a number of famous ex-communists, who were writers and journalists. The common theme of the essays is the authors' disillusionment with and abandonment of communism….The six contributors were Louis Fischer, André Gide, Arthur Koestler, Ignazio Silone, Stephen Spender, and Richard Wright.”
The God that Failed - Wikipedia

5. It is government school “education” and the fact that they don’t read that accounts for a huge number of votes that the Democrat Party, a party that mirrors both the aims and the methods of the Bolsheviks, accumulates.

Koestler is not the only formerly-communist that I can name.

Now…..where are those authors who began on the Right and became Communists?
They're with Hugo now

A limited government is one whose legalized force and power is restricted through delegated and enumerated authorities.

*laughs*

What do you think England was in the 18th century? So, they broke away from a limited government, to make another limited government?

Oh, "Bill of Rights" and "Constitution", those are not even American ideals.

*laughs*

What do you think England was in the 18th century? So, they broke away from a limited government, to make another limited government?

Oh, "Bill of Rights" and "Constitution", those are not even American ideals.

I gave you far too much credit.

Clearly you don't understand what you are declining.

I gave you far too much credit.

Which is why I laugh at both of you. You are both extremists, just on different sides. And you love those that agree with you, and hate all that do not agree with you. And rapidly turn to insults to any that do not.

Me, I just sit in the middle and laugh. But even a stopped clock is right twice a day. And just because you are right sometimes, that does not mean everything you say is right. I also notice you never really have a real response. You just toss out an insult and that is it. Largely the exact same thing the Far Left does. So in that, you are both the same.

Which is why I laugh at both of you. You are both extremists, just on different sides. And you love those that agree with you, and hate all that do not agree with you. And rapidly turn to insults to any that do not.

Me, I just sit in the middle and laugh. But even a stopped clock is right twice a day. And just because you are right sometimes, that does not mean everything you say is right. I also notice you never really have a real response. You just toss out an insult and that is it. Largely the exact same thing the Far Left does. So in that, you are both the same.

Have you read the English Constitution?

This is where I laugh at you, huh?

Then Ringo as a staunch no-compromise Anti-Federalist. And I just sit in the middle and laugh at both of you
As a communist, I have different approach to both sides of federalism.
But if I have to make a choice in modern politicking, I vote republican, as for more sane part of the all rotten class of bourgeoisie today.

The Left built this country and have been the driving force behind every advancement

:clap:

Actually, the exact opposite. The Government controlled almost all aspects of Industrialization. From production and distribution of food, to everything else from clothing to vehicles. The Government told the factory owners what to make, how to make it, and who to hire in order to make it. And the leaders of those factories all had to be members of the Party, or they would be replaced.

How in the hell is that "capitalism"? Sounds more like what we saw in the Soviet Union than anything we saw in the US or the rest of Europe.
Oh really? Did the Nazis force the capitalists to make weapons? While the capitalists only wanted to produce Barbie dolls? Even in his moments of highest power, Hitler never forget who made him the Fuehrer of Germany.
The capitalists feared, that power in Germany would pass to the left and brought Hitler and his far-right party to power as the Reds' worst enemies, as their polar opposite.
And Hitler thanked them with military orders, which allowed them to come out even of the lost war well earned.
And why don't they then play these games with the Nazi salute and membership in the Nazi party? The capitalists supported the ideology of Nazism, because it allowed them to exploit both, their workers, duped by the propaganda of "equality of all Aryans," and the untermensch slaves, who were provided to them by their political protege Hitler.

I have always been amazed at this ability of people not to see the fundamental difference between nazism and communism. I attribute this to propaganda, which has been brainwashed for generations.
But I will try to explain this difference with a simple example:
Both, in nazism and in communism, you can see a strong power and due to this declare their identity.
But here's a wolf and here's a shepherd dog.
Both have fangs, claws, fur, and strength.
Both creatures feed on meat.
But the wolf is a predator, that kills livestock and is even ready to kill the human himself. He is man's enemy
And the shepherd dog protects both man and his livestock and even ready to give his life for a man. He is man's best friend.
But outwardly they are quite similar.
For a man who has never seen a wolf or a dog.

Last edited:
Oh really? Did the Nazis force the capitalists to make weapons?

Yes.

What, do you not know that? In 1933, the Nazi Government seized almost all patents for cars and aviation uses and took them for themselves. Junkers was the leading aviation company at the time, and was already laying out plans for larger aircraft for civilian aviation. But the Nazi government forced them to abandon them all for aircraft that could be sued for military purposes. Almost 5,000 of the Ju 52 were built by Junkers, but only about half of them in Germany and those mostly went for the military. Huge numbers though were built under license in other countries, mostly for civilian use.

By the time WWII started, Junkers had already left the "civilian market", ordered to make nothing but military aircraft. Like the Ju 87 Stuka dive bomber. Messerschmitt was struggling to make sport and competition aircraft, and passenger aircraft. But that all changed when the NSDAP came to power, took over, and directed them to convert the Bf 108 "Taifun" into the Bf 109 fighter plane.

BMW, Mercedes, Porche, even VW had all been converted to primarily making weapons for the government. And what little was still allowed to be made for civilian use was tightly controlled, and almost always only for Party members. VW as the name says was the "Peoples Car", with the promise that all Germans could own one. They had even got huge amounts of money from the workers to build their new Wolfsburg factory, mostly by "pre-selling" cars that would be made there. Workers would allow part of their pay to be held, and when enough had taken promised they could drive a brand new car off of the assembly line. But less than 6 months later, all production had stopped on the KdF ( had ceased. The factory was only making the Type 82 Kübelwagen.

Daimler-Benz by 1938 had over half of it's manufacturing taken over to build tanks. BMW was making engines and motorcycles. Krupp saw its shipyards taken over, and instead of building freighters and passenger ships was making submarines. None of these companies had any choice in the matter. The government had started making these transitions as early as 1935, long before the war even started.

You really do not know any of this, do you? Once they took power, all Industry was at the whim of the Party. Only making what the Party told them what they could make. That is why you have the curious fact that until the 1950's, most Junker Ju 52 aircraft used by civilian companies were actually made under contract by foreign companies. Where the government did not control it, and companies just had to pay a licensing fee. Very few made it to civilian use in Germany as almost all built were grabbed immediately by the government and given to the military.

It would be the equivalent of the US taking over Boeing, and forcing them to build any aircraft they wanted for overseas sale because it wanted the money. But forcing all domestic production to be nothing but C5 cargo aircraft. And all profits made from those overseas sales being used to pay for expansion to build even more C5 transports. And after promising cars to the workers at Ford once the employees paid for it, ordered them to start building HMMWVs. Where even if they had paid for the car in full, they could not get one as there were none being made, just HMMWVs for the military.

BTW, are you aware that in Germany, it was known as the "Kraft durch Freude" or "Strength through Joy"? The same company also made and sold radios, when Dr. Goebbels complained that the radios made by other companies were too expensive for everybody to own, and too powerful. So they made at his direction the Volksempfänger (People's Receiver). A cheap and underpowered radio, affordable by all but limited in frequencies so it could only pick up state approved frequencies. And the only markings on the dial were for state approved stations.

Volksempfaenger01.jpg

Now if they really had a choice, do you think the company would have made good radios, or radios only a directed by the government?

Now if they really had a choice, do you think the company would have made good radios, or radios only a directed by the government?
They would make any kind of radio, if only the communists were not at the head of the country. Therefore, they brought Hitler to power and were willing to do whatever he ordered, if only it would bring them profit.
That is, better radio with a limited number of stations, than Ernst Thälmann at the head of the country.

They would make any kind of radio, if only the communists were not at the head of the country. Therefore, they brought Hitler to power and were willing to do whatever he ordered, if only it would bring them profit.
That is, better radio with a limited number of stations, than Ernst Thälmann at the head of the country.

"brought Hitler to power and were willing to do whatever he ordered,"

Put your hoof in your mouth again: you just proved Nazi Germany wasn't capitalist, you dunce.

Have any of you ever wondered how Hitler's nazis, in the midst of the capitalist crisis of the 1930s, had so much money for an instant economic breakthrough? But at that time tens of millions of people in Europe and the United States were starving...

Just business with Nazis, nothing personal

EhNw001WsAcBlMn

Forum List

Back