Where are the cry's of Massacre?

Lebanon has been a shithole for forty years. People getting killed by artillery shells there is not even news.

As I said earlier to you, I think that having 150K Americans tied up in Iraq is significantly degrading our ability to respond elsewhere in the region and significantly reducing our moral influence with the rest of the world.

I never said that. I said that Iraq has diminished our ability to respond to the rest of the region and diminished our moral authority to do so.

it's as much on topic as you going on about democratic approval ratings in the other thread :eusa_dance:

and I only point out that Lebanon has been a mess for a long long time.... and we have been unable to positively impact the situation on the ground there for nearly 50 years of on again-off again trying... and that if we WANTED to have a positive impact on Lebanon, our involvement in Iraq would make that all but impossible

it's as much on topic as you going on about democratic approval ratings in the other thread :eusa_dance:

and I only point out that Lebanon has been a mess for a long long time.... and we have been unable to positively impact the situation on the ground there for nearly 50 years of on again-off again trying... and that if we WANTED to have a positive impact on Lebanon, our involvement in Iraq would make that all but impossible

So in a thread ABOUT democratic poll numbers, it is off topic to discuss democratic poll numbers?

So in a thread ABOUT democratic poll numbers, it is off topic to discuss democratic poll numbers?

the thread was about a specific question in a specific poll concerning the way america wanted to fund our troops going forward.....

the thread was about a specific question in a specific poll concerning the way america wanted to fund our troops going forward.....

Ohh so now you get to dictate how , when and with what we respond to you in any thread you started?

Also correct me if I am wrong but didn't YOU start ranting to a certain "lovable" rightwing fanatic about "democratic" poll numbers?

Ohh so now you get to dictate how , when and with what we respond to you in any thread you started?

Also correct me if I am wrong but didn't YOU start ranting to a certain "lovable" rightwing fanatic about "democratic" poll numbers?

I pointed out to RSR that there are, indeed polls taken - by Harris, for example - that differentiate between democrats and republicans in congress and, in light of that, for him to continue to refer to the congressional approval numbers as "democratic" numbers is silly.

and if you don't want to talk about the quinnipiac poll thread, I understand.

I have a great deal of experience in the topic of Lebanon and would love to discuss it with you in this or any other thread on the subject.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070521/ap_on_re_mi_ea/lebanon_violence

Now where are those cries that this is a massacre of peaceful friendly unarmed Arabs.

Ahh, here we go... someone is now claiming it is a massacre. I knew it wouldn't be long. Of course notice the usual European suspects are not jumping on the band wagon yet.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070521/ap_on_re_mi_ea/lebanon_violence

And who thinks it is a smashing idea for a Government to cede total control of its own territory to terrorist groups and their supporters?

WTF...the articles are the same. You pulling a creek george and trying to debate yourself? :razz:

They weren't originally the same, the second post had an updated story, with the complaint added of massacre. I would guess that the source updated the story but used the same link.

They weren't originally the same, the second post had an updated story, with the complaint added of massacre. I would guess that the source updated the story but used the same link.

Probably. The first thing I do with AP reports out of the Middle East now is look for Green Helmet guy in the pictures to make sure that the story isn't a work of fiction.

New Topics

Forum List

Back