When You Visit Your Trailer Trash Mom for 4th of July

It may just need a good cleaning by using a hand vac. :thup: ;) Good to see others who have the same experience. I was always doing'' fixits'' for my mom. And we prefer to be called economically disadvantaged Caucasians thankyou very much:auiqs.jpg::):cool:;)

Those fans have brushless motors. they need to be on high to start. Also, like the other poster said, could need a cleaning.

Those fans have brushless motors. they need to be on high to start. Also, like the other poster said, could need a cleaning.
How many people today would know that if your points are sticking, to set points at your well pump would be as simple as using a match book cover between the sticking connectors.
Of course, not sure where you'd find the match book now a days.:oops:

Last edited:
How many people today would know that if your points are sticking, to set points at your well pump would be as simple as using a match book cover between the sticking connectors.
Of course, not sure where you'd find the match book now a says.:oops:
Well, to be fair, there are no more points in cars these days but I hear ya. Oh and a well tip: If you live where it freezes, put an incandescent light in your well house. The little pipe that goes to the pressure switch can get frozen and the well will stop operating. The light will provide enough warmth to keep the water in the little pipe from freezing. Easy fix.

Well, to be fair, there are no more points in cars these days but I hear ya. Oh and a well tip: If you live where it freezes, put an incandescent light in your well house. The little pipe that goes to the pressure switch can get frozen and the well will stop operating. The light will provide enough warmth to keep the water in the little pipe from freezing. Easy fix.

Thanks for the tip, but we don't have a well house because the gov will charge us extra $400 in taxes if its covered. Plus its just something else for the storms to knock over.
The pumphouse we had was when I was a kid and momma had to fix the points in late 1950s early 60s.

Of course, not sure where you'd find the match book now a days.:oops:
I know I know... Done it many a time.. You can use it on old points distributor's also. I've used the method to start a John Deere B gas tractor while it was in the field trying to work after operator shut it down for a break.

Forum List

Back