When you can't believe the evil you see all around you.. Jesus told us WHY

I don't expect anything.

It is expectation that leads to craving and craving is to be avoided.

You need to read the Tao
no, any idiot knows that expecting things from... whomever is a problematic thing...

doesn't take some TaO thing to know that...

no, any idiot knows that expecting things from... whomever is a problematic thing...

doesn't take some TaO thing to know that...
Funny you just said that a person that doesn't expect anything from other people is a liar.

And I quote
if u say you never expect anything from anyone, you lie

Now you say it's prudent not to expect anything from others.

And the Tao is a treasure trove of knowledge and it's your loss if you don't want to read it.

Funny you just said that a person that doesn't expect anything from other people is a liar.

And I quote

Now you say it's prudent not to expect anything from others.

And the Tao is a treasure trove of knowledge and it's your loss if you don't want to read it.
geez.. looks like a reading comprehension problem

just bc it is stupid to expect things from others

doesn't mean people don't do it anyway

It has to do with the reliability of the Bible because it was men seeking to retain the power of the church that decided what to include and exclude
I'm not discussing such things with people who do not understand Catholicism... waste o'time

Even a lot of Catholics dont... a lot of them have not studied things as I have...

Then what do you call creating Satan and unleashing him on the people your god is supposed to love.

The analogy works just fine.
Much like taking a hunting pup and tossing into a thicket full of snakes. The smart ones can do it over and over and never get hit. The dumb ones don;t last long .
HINT: If you have a dumb dog name it Kieth. It'll live forever !
keith-richards.jpg

It has to do with the reliability of the Bible because it was men seeking to retain the power of the church that decided what to include and exclude

....and there's nothing wrong with that, according to your own ethos. Men wanted to retain power, so what? That's what some people do under relative morality. **shrug**

....and there's nothing wrong with that, according to your own ethos. Men wanted to retain power, so what? That's what some people do under relative morality. **shrug**
My ethos?

Care to tell me exactly what you think my ethos is?

My ethos?

Care to tell me exactly what you think my ethos is?

Subjective morality. Morality is relative. It's whatever society says is cool.

So. When the ancient pagans fed their babies to the gods --cool. No problem. They decided it was okay.

Subjective morality. Morality is relative. It's whatever society says is cool.

So. When the ancient pagans fed their babies to the gods --cool. No problem. They decided it was okay.
I said relative.

And yes they did decide it was OK to do which is just more proof that morals change as societies change.

History proves my point.

I said relative.

And yes they did decide it was OK to do which is just more proof that morals change as societies change.

History proves my point.

That change didn't last though; it was an anomaly. The fact is that you need morality to be relative.

Orthodox Jews do not eat fruit from trees until the third year it bears as a reminder about waiting for the proper time.
Jews don't assign omni-attributes to God, so they're logically okay.

Christians do, hence the Problem of Evil is something their theology can't explain. They're reduced to saying "Just have faith!", which is an evasion.

That change didn't last though; it was an anomaly. The fact is that you need morality to be relative.
How many years did those anomalies last?

Hundreds, thousands?

You are looking at the past through the lens of today and when you do that your understanding become distorted

How many years did those anomalies last?

Hundreds, thousands?

You are looking at the past through the lens of today and when you do that your understanding become distorted

I can't argue with your personal need. You need what you need. And you need morality to be subjective, even though you wouldn't recognize a world where that was true

I can't argue with your personal need. You need what you need. And you need morality to be subjective, even though you wouldn't recognize a world where that was true
It's not a need it is an OBSERVATION.

You are emotional about about it which is why you are unable to see history with a dispassionate and unbiased eye.

You have acknowledged your own confirmation bias

New Topics

Forum List

Back