When you become a God, will you use evil the way God does?

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012
When you become a God, will you use evil the way God does?

Matthew 5:48
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

I don’t know your view of evil or how you explain it but much of scriptures say that at some future in heaven, we will become as God and to me that would mean that we all inherit a new earth. Anything less would be less than what Satan has been given. Dominion over the earth. God would hardly give man less. I assume here that like humans, God would want his children to reach his level of thought and responsibilities and then some. God would then become God of Gods.

Believers, should have no problem imagining the scenario above and should be able to show why they would allow evil to exist on their own make believe world.

No definitive conclusion has ever been presented and accepted by any majority as to why God created and uses evil. To evolutionary theists, it must exist to further the survival of the fittest and what keeps man evolving. Without it we would face a greater evil. Extinction.

To some theists, it is to test us and weed out the unworthy or less fit. Yet many theists not believe in evolution even as God weeds out the less fit. Causing heavenly evolution, so to speak.

As a Gnostic Christian, I have no problem reconciling evil with reality. To me, within evolution, evil is good. Somewhat the way a God would think. I would not get rid of it as I see it’s ultimate requirement and in that sense, evil is good as it serves the greater good. Evolution. Theistic evolutionists agree.

Free will is not a valid argument if we must do evil to survive. Evolution demands both evil/competition and good/cooperation.

Would you allow evil to exist on your fictitious world, like God or nature does here in our real world?

If yes, why would you keep and use evil?

If no, how would your world work if you did somehow get rid of evil?

How God Favors Evil - YouTube

Regards
DL

"You can become a God" is a trick from The Great Deceiver Himself - Satan.

There is the Tree of Life and the Tree of Knowledge. Eat from the Tree of Knowledge and you will surely die.

There is the Tree of Life and the Tree of Knowledge. Eat from the Tree of Knowledge and you will surely die.

So the trick to eternal life is to ignore the knowledge of damned near everything, as almost everything is subject to good and evil, and stay as bright as a brick.

You go ahead.
Oh wait. Your reply says you are there.

Regards
DL

So the trick to eternal life is to ignore the knowledge of damned near everything, as almost everything is subject to good and evil, and stay as bright as a brick.

You go ahead.

Regards
DL
Nice try but no, that's not it.

Feel free to understand all that is Gods Universe, but at the same time understand that it is all a gift from God.

You see the difference? Of course you do but you're Satan so you'll try the next trick up your sleeve, whatever that will be.

Even your right hand man Mephistopheles couldn't lie to Dr Faustus when he asked him who created the Universe: "God created it all".

No...the trick to eternal life is not to ignore knowledge. The trick to eternal life is to obey God's word as best you can, ask forgiveness for what you can't(either obey or understand), and trust that he did indeed forgive you.

There's a lot to be said about using knowledge you aren't capable of understanding the consequences of. Nuclear weapons come to mind. What if we never dropped the bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki? What if we never saw first hand the horrors we could create until those weapons became as powerful as they are today? All of a sudden a 9/11 happens and we don't have the restraint mechanism of those horrific events.....oh....we could surmise....but it would all be theoretical.

I don't think it was necessarily a warning against seeking knowledge as much as it was a warning of our "growing up" too fast.

You go ahead.

Regards
DL

Feel free to understand all that is Gods Universe, but at the same time understand that it is all a gift from God.

You see the difference? Of course you do but you're Satan so you'll try the next trick up your sleeve, whatever that will be.

Even your right hand man Mephistopheles couldn't lie to Dr Faustus when he asked him who created the Universe: "God created it all".

I don't think it's fair to call him Satan....that's a little extreme, don't you think?

Becoming a God is a little too far down the road for me, I'm just trying not to screw upon a daily basis. I sometimes wonder if God does evil things or whether he merely stands aside and allows evil things to happen. I'm thinking it's the latter, maybe God is expecting us to wise up and stop evil things from happening ourselves.

Becoming a God is a little too far down the road for me, I'm just trying not to screw upon a daily basis. I sometimes wonder if God does evil things or whether he merely stands aside and allows evil things to happen. I'm thinking it's the latter, maybe God is expecting us to wise up and stop evil things from happening ourselves.

Which we won't. There's a reason that there is a separation between the physical and spiritual world. We aren't done cooking yet. I often wonder if this life, with all it's trials and tribulations isn't a training ground for the next one.

Obviously, that's speculation on my part...

Which we won't. There's a reason that there is a separation between the physical and spiritual world. We aren't done cooking yet. I often wonder if this life, with all it's trials and tribulations isn't a training ground for the next one.

Maybe you right about a training ground for the next life, but not so sure we won't eventually wise up and stop evil things from happening. Yah, won't be anytime soon, but given enough time, who knows?

No, your right on the money. This vapor of a life as we know it is training ground for those that will come back to rule and reign with Christ.
Nowhere in the Bible does it say that we eventually turn into Gods. We remain the children of God for eternity and co-heirs with His other son, Jesus Christ. Good and evil do not go together, nor do they need each other to survive. God will rid the earth of evil, and good will continue on just fine.
Man can't rid the earth of evil. That will take a spirit stronger than evil. God.

You go ahead.

Regards
DL

I don't think it's fair to call him Satan....that's a little extreme, don't you think?
Not at all. He practically spells it out with his Login Name and Serpent avatar anyway.

Satan''s lie wasnt that eating from the tree of the knowledge of good evil would make you as the gods. " And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil" (Genesis 3:22). If Satan was lying about it, why did God confirm that they had become as the gods knowing good and evil?

No, the lie Satan told Adam and eve was that "Ye shall not surely die" (Genesis 3:4)

The scriptures are full of commands telling us of our Divine Potential, even commanding us to become as God. The Most straight forward statement to that effect is Psalms 82:6 "I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High." Christ clarified who the writer was speaking about when He said that:

"Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?" (John 10:34-36, emphasis added)

So those who accept the word of God are gods, even children of the Father. That certainly explains why the scriptures call the Father the "God of gods" (See Joshua 22:22; Psalm 136:2; Deut 10:17; Daniel 11:36)

We are specificlly commanded to take upon ourselves the attributes of God. We are to look to Christ as our perfect example. (1 Peter 2:21) We are to perfect as He is perfect (Matthew 5:48). We are to serve our brethren as He has. (John 13:15) We are to suffer as He has (see again 1 Peter 2:21). By accepting Christ into our lives, we become joint heirs with Christ and inherit all the Father has. (Romans 8:17)

When Peter spoke on it, he called it being "partakers of the divine nature" (2 Peter 1:4). John stated:

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." (1 John 3:2) Through the Atonement, we can be pure as He is pure (1 John 3:3)

So the scriptures are repleat when admonitions, teachings, and exhortations declaring those who recieve the Gospel of Jesus Christ to be gods and commending us to follow the path that leads to exactly that. Satan's biggest lie nowadays is that we can't become like God. That we are just human and there is nothing we can do about that.

But Christ came specifically so we can be born again into a divine life. He came to make us holy, who were unholy, through the grace of God. By His blood we are purchased and purified so that we can gain Eternal Life. We are the children of God, what do children grow up to become? An acorn grows into a mighty tree, even when they dont look at all alike when they start out. As does the tiny mustard seed. You think that despite being God's children we can't become like Him? Then what was the point of Christ's sacrifice, if not to reconcile us with God and restore to us what we couldn't do for ourselves?

Man and God are the same species. We are literally His children. The scriptues are clear on this.

If I am made in god's image, then I am a god. See how simple that was?

No...the trick to eternal life is not to ignore knowledge. The trick to eternal life is to obey God's word as best you can, ask forgiveness for what you can't(either obey or understand), and trust that he did indeed forgive you.

There's a lot to be said about using knowledge you aren't capable of understanding the consequences of. Nuclear weapons come to mind. What if we never dropped the bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki? What if we never saw first hand the horrors we could create until those weapons became as powerful as they are today? All of a sudden a 9/11 happens and we don't have the restraint mechanism of those horrific events.....oh....we could surmise....but it would all be theoretical.

I don't think it was necessarily a warning against seeking knowledge as much as it was a warning of our "growing up" too fast.

They grew too fast and that is why God murdered them threw neglect by preventing them from accessing the tree of life. If human, your God would be in jail yet you praise his immoral actions.

You go ahead and trust that children murdering God. I will not. The God I follow has morals.

Regards
DL

It is to people and not some imaginary God for sure.
Unfortunately we must do evil as we evolve as theistic evolution suggests.
You cannot stop competing for resources and you will create victims and losers to your competition and they will see your gain as their loss.

If God merely stands aside and watches, then what are your thoughts as to his morals?

Regards
DL

Any discussions about God are speculative nonsense. None has ever been proven to be true. None can be until your invisible absentee super daddy dares to show his immoral face. The Haig want's him.

That is the premise of the O P.

Regards
DL

No, your right on the money. This vapor of a life as we know it is training ground for those that will come back to rule and reign with Christ.
Nowhere in the Bible does it say that we eventually turn into Gods. We remain the children of God for eternity and co-heirs with His other son, Jesus Christ. Good and evil do not go together, nor do they need each other to survive. God will rid the earth of evil, and good will continue on just fine.
Man can't rid the earth of evil. That will take a spirit stronger than evil. God.

Do you want your own children to always be under your thumb or do you want them to eventually mature and set out on their own?

I hope you say that they are to make their own way.
If so, why would you think God would want less for his children? Do you see God needing a make work project for himself?

Regards
DL

Satan''s lie wasnt that eating from the tree of the knowledge of good evil would make you as the gods. " And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil" (Genesis 3:22). If Satan was lying about it, why did God confirm that they had become as the gods knowing good and evil?

No, the lie Satan told Adam and eve was that "Ye shall not surely die" (Genesis 3:4)

The scriptures are full of commands telling us of our Divine Potential, even commanding us to become as God. The Most straight forward statement to that effect is Psalms 82:6 "I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High." Christ clarified who the writer was speaking about when He said that:

"Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?" (John 10:34-36, emphasis added)

So those who accept the word of God are gods, even children of the Father. That certainly explains why the scriptures call the Father the "God of gods" (See Joshua 22:22; Psalm 136:2; Deut 10:17; Daniel 11:36)

We are specificlly commanded to take upon ourselves the attributes of God. We are to look to Christ as our perfect example. (1 Peter 2:21) We are to perfect as He is perfect (Matthew 5:48). We are to serve our brethren as He has. (John 13:15) We are to suffer as He has (see again 1 Peter 2:21). By accepting Christ into our lives, we become joint heirs with Christ and inherit all the Father has. (Romans 8:17)

When Peter spoke on it, he called it being "partakers of the divine nature" (2 Peter 1:4). John stated:

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." (1 John 3:2) Through the Atonement, we can be pure as He is pure (1 John 3:3)

So the scriptures are repleat when admonitions, teachings, and exhortations declaring those who recieve the Gospel of Jesus Christ to be gods and commending us to follow the path that leads to exactly that. Satan's biggest lie nowadays is that we can't become like God. That we are just human and there is nothing we can do about that.

But Christ came specifically so we can be born again into a divine life. He came to make us holy, who were unholy, through the grace of God. By His blood we are purchased and purified so that we can gain Eternal Life. We are the children of God, what do children grow up to become? An acorn grows into a mighty tree, even when they dont look at all alike when they start out. As does the tiny mustard seed. You think that despite being God's children we can't become like Him? Then what was the point of Christ's sacrifice, if not to reconcile us with God and restore to us what we couldn't do for ourselves?

Man and God are the same species. We are literally His children. The scriptues are clear on this.

I agree with most of your theological thinking about humans and our place and yes there is much scriptural backing for it.

I do not agree with your reliance on Atonement as that means accepting human sacrifice and that is an immoral tool that no good God would use. That also has much scriptural backing.

Ezekiel 18:20
The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Psalm 49:7
None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

You are half way there my friend now think of the moral implications of what you believe about your scapegoat Jesus.

He said to follow him as you said. Not ride him and immorally use him.

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back