When will the Democratic Party move on from Trump?

One of the reasons I voted for Trump in 2016 was the rhetoric. Suddenly if you voted for the man you were deemed racist. In fact after he won, Van Jones called it a "white lash". It was like some strange people were telling Independent voters and tax payers how to vote and why they should be ashamed not to vote Democrat.

Now, I frankly didn't pay much attention to politics until then but my kids were in school as they were 6 and 8 and I for the first time in my life noticed how far left many people are and how triggered they were. That prompted me to pay more attention and I did like Trump's policies on immigration, military and America First in terms of manufacturing and such. I also liked that he addressed corporate inversions.

After he won, an interesting benefit was how much he triggered leftists. After he lost in 2020, it was disheartening because the far left had won the culture war. Now we have to agree that gender is a social construct, that whites are racist, that America is systemically racist, that police officers are bad people and if you say anything contrary to that publicly you have the threat of cancel culture.

However, even though Trump lost, he continued to be top of mind to Democrats and to leftists around the country and here on USMB. It is almost as if the Democratic Party needs their villain to hide the problems they themselves have. So Trump continues to trigger leftists even though he is no longer President and has been banned from Twitter. So at what point does the Democratic Party move on from Trump?

They can't put down the Trump crack pipe...they're hooked to the nth degree.
Look no further than Mac1958 bizarre addiction for proof.
Yep! As I've said, Trump (and far more importantly, Trumpism) represents a historic moment in this nation's history. Not only is it is an absolutely fascinating psychological / historical / sociological / anthropological study, it's a terribly important cautionary tale.

The intense adoration and devotion to this troubled, damaged man must be analyzed carefully and thoroughly. We thought the world had learned from such destructive relationships in the past, but clearly we were wrong there. We must learn here.

So, to all the Trumpsters who constantly whine and moan about how much attention is being paid to this topic: Too bad. You sold your soul to this awful man, and we're going to examine and comment on it for a long time. You'll just have to live with it.
You do realize that you’re not a psychologist unless you’re pretending to be one now. So your opinion of him is just that. Your opinion. What is fascinating is you leftists trying to sound all noble and intelligent but coming off as pompous asses.
Well, yes. I'm certainly not a psychologist. But unlike those whose intellectual curiosity has calcified due to their TDS -- this would include you, obviously -- I maintain a healthy intellectual curiosity about people, societies and their behaviors.

See, what you clearly don't understand is that I consider people like you to be little more than a small, wet, wormy thing, wiggling around in my mental Petri Dish™ -- poke, observe, poke, observe. Flush.

That's your value to me. A curiosity. So, all your daily attempts to attack me and put me on the defensive merely serve to make me more and more curious about the emotional fragility that motivates you to engage in such behavior.

So, while you try so desperately to punch, I merely observe. It's always fascinating, and I do appreciate the free material you provide.
well, retard, you couldnt get out of a wet paper bag. thanx for all the laughs, thus far. good luck locating a brain
Solid Trumpian response there. Good stuff.
One of the reasons I voted for Trump in 2016 was the rhetoric. Suddenly if you voted for the man you were deemed racist. In fact after he won, Van Jones called it a "white lash". It was like some strange people were telling Independent voters and tax payers how to vote and why they should be ashamed not to vote Democrat.

Now, I frankly didn't pay much attention to politics until then but my kids were in school as they were 6 and 8 and I for the first time in my life noticed how far left many people are and how triggered they were. That prompted me to pay more attention and I did like Trump's policies on immigration, military and America First in terms of manufacturing and such. I also liked that he addressed corporate inversions.

After he won, an interesting benefit was how much he triggered leftists. After he lost in 2020, it was disheartening because the far left had won the culture war. Now we have to agree that gender is a social construct, that whites are racist, that America is systemically racist, that police officers are bad people and if you say anything contrary to that publicly you have the threat of cancel culture.

However, even though Trump lost, he continued to be top of mind to Democrats and to leftists around the country and here on USMB. It is almost as if the Democratic Party needs their villain to hide the problems they themselves have. So Trump continues to trigger leftists even though he is no longer President and has been banned from Twitter. So at what point does the Democratic Party move on from Trump?

Yep! As I've said, Trump (and far more importantly, Trumpism) represents a historic moment in this nation's history. Not only is it is an absolutely fascinating psychological / historical / sociological / anthropological study, it's a terribly important cautionary tale.

The intense adoration and devotion to this troubled, damaged man must be analyzed carefully and thoroughly. We thought the world had learned from such destructive relationships in the past, but clearly we were wrong there. We must learn here.

So, to all the Trumpsters who constantly whine and moan about how much attention is being paid to this topic: Too bad. You sold your soul to this awful man, and we're going to examine and comment on it for a long time. You'll just have to live with it.
You do realize that you’re not a psychologist unless you’re pretending to be one now. So your opinion of him is just that. Your opinion. What is fascinating is you leftists trying to sound all noble and intelligent but coming off as pompous asses.
Well, yes. I'm certainly not a psychologist. But unlike those whose intellectual curiosity has calcified due to their TDS -- this would include you, obviously -- I maintain a healthy intellectual curiosity about people, societies and their behaviors.

See, what you clearly don't understand is that I consider people like you to be little more than a small, wet, wormy thing, wiggling around in my mental Petri Dish™ -- poke, observe, poke, observe. Flush.

That's your value to me. A curiosity. So, all your daily attempts to attack me and put me on the defensive merely serve to make me more and more curious about the emotional fragility that motivates you to engage in such behavior.

So, while you try so desperately to punch, I merely observe. It's always fascinating, and I do appreciate the free material you provide.
well, retard, you couldnt get out of a wet paper bag. thanx for all the laughs, thus far. good luck locating a brain
awww....TRUTH must hurt the retard
Yeah, you gots da troof 'n stuff.
Too bad your best quality is lying. How are your 350 imaginary clients doing?
351 right now, and we're having a good year, again.

I came in to the office this morning because I need to add a new SIMPLE IRA account, which will be four new clients. I was too lazy yesterday.

Thanks for asking!
I was not asking. I was mocking. You keep telling that lie so often that even you believe it now.
Whatever you'd like. The best part is that you don't know the HALF of it.

But you're fascinating to observe.

_95764083_waxworm.jpg
thats what a demonRAT brain looks like.

I came in to the office this morning because I need to add a new SIMPLE IRA account, which will be four new clients. I was too lazy yesterday.

Thanks for asking!
I was not asking. I was mocking. You keep telling that lie so often that even you believe it now.

_95764083_waxworm.jpg
Any time you want to PM me and compare finance and investment knowledge you’re free to do so. I am for real, you’re a fraud.

Thanks for asking!

_95764083_waxworm.jpg
Any time you want to PM me and compare finance and investment knowledge you’re free to do so. I am for real, you’re a fraud.
Okay cool!

That’s my reaction every time you state you have 350+ clients when an average CFP has 96. At least research your lies before you tell them.
There are a couple of questions you're not asking about that number. If you knew more about what we do in my profession, you'd know to ask them.

I actually just gave you a hint.

:popcorn:

That’s my reaction every time you state you have 350+ clients when an average CFP has 96. At least research your lies before you tell them.
There are a couple of questions you're not asking about that number. If you knew more about what we do in my profession, you'd know to ask them.

I am not going to keep feeding your lies. You are going to state that if you have one client with two accounts you count that as two clients. Just keep on digging. You also said you had a good year last year. Pretty sure that was Trump's economy and that was one of the primary reasons I voted for him in 2016. That and his emphasis on the military and border security. I am such a fiend....You need to educate yourself and stop labeling people.

I am not going to keep feeding your lies. You are going to state that if you have one client with two accounts you count that as two clients. Just keep on digging. You also said you had a good year last year. Pretty sure that was Trump's economy and that was one of the primary reasons I voted for him in 2016. That and his emphasis on the military and border security. I am such a fiend....You need to educate yourself and stop labeling people.
Nope, that's not it.

The amount of space I take up in your mind is a hoot.

It’s for ratings. Plain and simple.
As is any television coverage of any news. So you have offered no insight.
Haven't offered any insight? The point is news should be for news not for entertainment but it no longer is so now I can it News Entertainment...thanks for making my point. News now is as real as the WWE...which we call sports entertainment...

Nope, that's not it.

1/1000000th of the space DJT takes up in yours and you conveniently didn't address the latter part of my statement. Par for the course for you. Fraud.

Nope, that's not it.

1/1000000th of the space DJT takes up in yours and you conveniently didn't address the latter part of my statement. Par for the course for you. Fraud.
:itsok:

Nope, that's not it.

I know I ve won when posters resort to memes and emojis like children. Thank you.

Nope, that's not it.

I know I be won when posters resort to memes and emojis like children. Thank you.
You're so very welcome!

Haven't offered any insight?
To say they are still covering him for ratings? Nope. Within the last 6 weeks the sitting President of the US incited a violent insurrection attempt and was impeached. He still controls one of only two major parties in the most powerful country on the planet. He faces the very real prospect of being the first President in the modern era to face criminal prosecution and is sending the message that he intends to keep his control of the party. This is historical, international news that media is going to cover.

Say...on which network was Trump interviewed the other day?

Haven't offered any insight?
To say they are still covering him for ratings? Nope. Within the last 6 weeks the sitting President of the US incited a violent insurrection attempt and was impeached. He still controls one of only two major parties in the most powerful country on the planet. He faces the very real prospect of being the first President in the modern era to face criminal prosecution and is sending the message that he intends to keep his control of the party. This is historical, international news that media is going to cover.

Say...on which network was Trump interviewed the other day?
Fox feeds its base. The topic was why does Leftist media give him air time, this is what he wants. Instead of partial quoting me why not answer me directly. Prosecuting him is a bad idea because if the Democrats lose the House in 2022 the GOP will come after Biden and the China scandal. It’s best to let sleeping dogs lie on both sides. The fact that you don’t realize that giving Trump air time just further energizes his base is mind boggling. Just like you not understanding that for all intents and purposes QE is printing money.

Forum List

Back