When will the Democratic Party move on from Trump?

AzogtheDefiler

The Pale Orc
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 4, 2018
Boston, MA
One of the reasons I voted for Trump in 2016 was the rhetoric. Suddenly if you voted for the man you were deemed racist. In fact after he won, Van Jones called it a "white lash". It was like some strange people were telling Independent voters and tax payers how to vote and why they should be ashamed not to vote Democrat.

Now, I frankly didn't pay much attention to politics until then but my kids were in school as they were 6 and 8 and I for the first time in my life noticed how far left many people are and how triggered they were. That prompted me to pay more attention and I did like Trump's policies on immigration, military and America First in terms of manufacturing and such. I also liked that he addressed corporate inversions.

After he won, an interesting benefit was how much he triggered leftists. After he lost in 2020, it was disheartening because the far left had won the culture war. Now we have to agree that gender is a social construct, that whites are racist, that America is systemically racist, that police officers are bad people and if you say anything contrary to that publicly you have the threat of cancel culture.

However, even though Trump lost, he continued to be top of mind to Democrats and to leftists around the country and here on USMB. It is almost as if the Democratic Party needs their villain to hide the problems they themselves have. So Trump continues to trigger leftists even though he is no longer President and has been banned from Twitter. So at what point does the Democratic Party move on from Trump?

They have to deflect attention from *biden's catastrophic policies that are going to keep us in recession.............Again.

Nothing he has done to this point will, in ANY way, help dig our country out of the hole the democrats put us in with the virus shut downs.

One of the reasons I voted for Trump in 2016 was the rhetoric. Suddenly if you voted for the man you were deemed racist. In fact after he won, Van Jones called it a "white lash". It was like some strange people were telling Independent voters and tax payers how to vote and why they should be ashamed not to vote Democrat.

Now, I frankly didn't pay much attention to politics until then but my kids were in school as they were 6 and 8 and I for the first time in my life noticed how far left many people are and how triggered they were. That prompted me to pay more attention and I did like Trump's policies on immigration, military and America First in terms of manufacturing and such. I also liked that he addressed corporate inversions.

After he won, an interesting benefit was how much he triggered leftists. After he lost in 2020, it was disheartening because the far left had won the culture war. Now we have to agree that gender is a social construct, that whites are racist, that America is systemically racist, that police officers are bad people and if you say anything contrary to that publicly you have the threat of cancel culture.

However, even though Trump lost, he continued to be top of mind to Democrats and to leftists around the country and here on USMB. It is almost as if the Democratic Party needs their villain to hide the problems they themselves have. So Trump continues to trigger leftists even though he is no longer President and has been banned from Twitter. So at what point does the Democratic Party move on from Trump?

Democrats have moved on. It's Republicans that haven't..or more rightfully..can't. And as someone who would like to see the Republican party dismembered, I look forward to Trump and the rest of his sycophants doing what no group of Democrats could ever hope to accomplish. Split the party in two. Right now, to me and probably to Democrats, he is a more useful idiot now than he was when he was President. He'll never be touched for what he stoked at the Capitol on January 6th. But I don't care. The damage is done. He's done. All he can do now is take the Republican party down with him for the third count.

Democrats have moved on. It's Republicans that haven't..or more rightfully..can't. And as someone who would like to see the Republican party dismembered, I look forward to Trump and the rest of his sycophants doing what no group of Democrats could ever hope to accomplish. Split the party in two. Right now, to me and probably to Democrats, he is a more useful idiot now than he was when he was President. He'll never be touched for what he stoked at the Capitol on January 6th. But I don't care. The damage is done. He's done. All he can do now is take the Republican party down with him for the third count.
You cant talk about burgers in the food section without a leftist trashing the thread with his masturbation of cheeto dust instead of lotion.

Good and necessary question- but, since a DemoGod is now in charge everything will be better so there's nothing to *report* on- years from now there will still be; I remember when Orange Man

1613747441842.png

There is no escape....there is no 'Moving On'...24/7, President Trump OWNS Pelosi, Democrats, & snowflakes!

Trump is among the better incentives Democrats have to get Democrats to the polls.

One of the reasons I voted for Trump in 2016 was the rhetoric.
What an incredibly stupid reason to vote for anyone. Youniust admitted you cast your vote for spite.
Suddenly if you voted for the man you were deemed racist. In fact after he won, Van Jones called it a "white lash". It was like some strange people were telling Independent voters and tax payers how to vote and why they should be ashamed not to vote Democrat.

Now, I frankly didn't pay much attention to politics until then but my kids were in school as they were 6 and 8 and I for the first time in my life noticed how far left many people are and how triggered they were.
You fell for the brainwashing, something RWNJ media excells at.
That prompted me to pay more attention and I did like Trump's policies on immigration, military and America First in terms of manufacturing and such. I also liked that he addressed corporate inversions.

However, even though Trump lost, he continued to be top of mind to Democrats and to leftists around the country and here on USMB.
You've got that backwards.
It is almost as if the Democratic Party needs their villain to hide the problems they themselves have. So Trump continues to trigger leftists even though he is no longer President and has been banned from Twitter. So at what point does the Democratic Party move on from Trump?

You'd better worry about the tRumplings moving on, or you guys will never win a national election again.

So Trump continues to trigger leftists even though he is no longer President and has been banned from Twitter. So at what point does the Democratic Party move on from Trump?
I haven't been a Democrat for decades, but I can tell you many Americans will not "move on" until Trump and his crime family are prosecuted to the full extent of the law for ALL their alleged crimes:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/18/nyregion/trump-investigation-manhattan.html

"As the Manhattan district attorney’s office steps up the criminal investigation of Donald J. Trump, it has reached outside its ranks to enlist a prominent former federal prosecutor to help scrutinize financial dealings at the former president’s company, according to several people with knowledge of the matter.

"The former prosecutor, Mark F. Pomerantz, has deep experience investigating and defending white-collar and organized crime cases, bolstering the team under District Attorney Cyrus R. Vance Jr. that is examining Mr. Trump and his family business, the Trump Organization
2C9B2A7C00000578-0-image-a-19_1442850440774.jpg

As I understand it, Pomerantz was responsible for convicting John Gotti?

New York Military Academy closes after 126 years

LMAO.

In a post where you say you and all non trump supporters all have moved on, you use the post to trash Trump.

You cant make this shit up.

I tend to agree. Most of the threads from the lefty loons are about Trump. One would think they would be singing Biden's praises but no, Its all Trump.

I just sit over here and laugh.

A trump is that floater that hangs around after you flush. Hopefully the second impeachment was that second flush.

LMAO.

In a post where you say you and all non trump supporters all have moved on, you use the post to trash Trump.

You cant make this shit up.

Laugh all you want. Trump is continuing to do what I hoped he would do. Tear the Republican party apart. I hope it continues.
And if I really wanted to trash Trump, I could point out a myriad of lies and blunders he made over his four years in office.
Pointing out what I did above is just stating fact.

A trump is that floater that hangs around after you flush. Hopefully the second impeachment was that second flush.
Right but it is the Democrats who are keeping his name alive. These are all recent threads on these boards started by Leftists. Why not let sleeping dogs lie?

Right but it is the Democrats who are keeping his name alive. These are all recent threads on these boards started by Leftists. Why not let sleeping dogs lie?

I don’t disagree, but I do hope he goes away now.

Forum List

Back