When will American Jews wake up?

The Red-Green Alliance of radical leftists and Islamic jihadists have the same goal of destroying America. As such, it has been a continuing conundrum why liberal Jews support such groups' philosophies.
The question of why Jews vote against their own self-interest was analyzed in Norman Podhoretz's 2009 book Why Are Jews Liberals? One overriding reason was that most liberal Jews claim their liberalism stems "from the commandments of Judaism or more broadly the 'spirit' of the Jewish 'religious tradition.'" They often mention the term tzedakah.
But tzedakah, which means righteousness, is not social justice. Liberal Jews have taken the left-wing notion of social justice and have distorted the idea of tzedakah to align with radical left-wing ideology. Social justice involves but is not limited to "restrictions on free speech; restrictions on due process protections; support for the Black Lives Matter movement; mass release of criminals from prison; open borders; [and] race and sex preferences in education and employment." This is not Jewish teaching at all.
Also, "support for the anti-Israel Boycott, Divestment, and Sanction [BDS] movement is part of the social justice creed, along with mob violence.

American Thinker NEVER thinks.

And here again we see the fallacious response of-- attacking the messenger instead of the message. This phenomenon is seen all too often on this board.
That is an attack on the message and not the messenger. You need to read between the lines and you will see that that the disagreement is with the message.

The Red-Green Alliance of radical leftists and Islamic jihadists have the same goal of destroying America. As such, it has been a continuing conundrum why liberal Jews support such groups' philosophies.
The question of why Jews vote against their own self-interest was analyzed in Norman Podhoretz's 2009 book Why Are Jews Liberals? One overriding reason was that most liberal Jews claim their liberalism stems "from the commandments of Judaism or more broadly the 'spirit' of the Jewish 'religious tradition.'" They often mention the term tzedakah.
But tzedakah, which means righteousness, is not social justice. Liberal Jews have taken the left-wing notion of social justice and have distorted the idea of tzedakah to align with radical left-wing ideology. Social justice involves but is not limited to "restrictions on free speech; restrictions on due process protections; support for the Black Lives Matter movement; mass release of criminals from prison; open borders; [and] race and sex preferences in education and employment." This is not Jewish teaching at all.
Also, "support for the anti-Israel Boycott, Divestment, and Sanction [BDS] movement is part of the social justice creed, along with mob violence.

As I understand it, American Jewish people have traditionally been liberal because of the horrific history of persecution & prejudice in Europe throughout history.

But I am guessing that maybe the younger generation of Jewish people may sooner rather than later "wake up" and realize that many of the "progressive" ideas mentioned in the OP are NOT in the best interests of Jewish Americans.

Here in Los Angeles, back in the 1970s, many Jewish Americans supported busing to integrate the schools. Without going into detail, let's just say that they discovered to their horror that they had made a big mistake. (Today many Jewish children here attend private Jewish schools.)
I believe that if the Republicans supported a kinder, gentler person for President,
instead of a blowhard rife with divisiveness, bad behavior, and admitted sexual deviance, Jewish voters might just begin to move in a different direction.
Character and lack of moral fiber is a huge factor for me. I am an American first and a Jew second and so are many others.

As I understand it, American Jewish people have traditionally been liberal because of the horrific history of persecution & prejudice in Europe throughout history.

But I am guessing that maybe the younger generation of Jewish people may sooner rather than later "wake up" and realize that many of the "progressive" ideas mentioned in the OP are NOT in the best interests of Jewish Americans.

Here in Los Angeles, back in the 1970s, many Jewish Americans supported busing to integrate the schools. Without going into detail, let's just say that they discovered to their horror that they had made a big mistake. (Today many Jewish children here attend private Jewish schools.)
I believe that if the Republicans supported a kinder, gentler person for President,
instead of a blowhard rife with divisiveness, bad behavior, and an admitted sexual deviant, Jewish voters might just begin to move in a different direction.
Character and lack of moral fiber is a huge factor for me. I am an American first and a Jew second and so are many others.

"blowhard, rife with divisiveness, bad behavior, and
. . . . >>>>>> ---ok but a lot better than the
schmucks that followed him............

instead of a blowhard rife with divisiveness, bad behavior, and an admitted sexual deviant, Jewish voters might just begin to move in a different direction.

"blowhard, rife with divisiveness, bad behavior, and
. . . . >>>>>> ---ok but a lot better than the
schmucks that followed him............
Nah, the schmucks that followed him are kinder and gentler.

Forum List

Back