When I ask: do you believe literally? I get willful moral and intellectual dissonance

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012
Every time I ask: do you believe literally? I get willful moral and intellectual dissonance.

Please see how this clip ends.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mRYiplTf3I]The Bible is mostly not factual - BBC debate - YouTube[/ame]

I believe that Jesus believed, is what that last gent speaking in this clip uses as his reason for believing the unbelievable story of Lot. He is forgiving a God who is obviously doing evil just because he can blame his poor moral position on Jesus.

This type of willful moral and intellectual dissonance is what I get from many Christians who will forgive their God for things they condemn people for doing.

If morals are not the most important issue for God or Christians, then what is the most important aspect of religion to you as a believer?

Are literalists idol worshipers? The last speaker seems to be one as he ignores his own true beliefs to follow his idol, Jesus even as he doubts the morality and reality of the story of Lot.

Regards
DL

When I ask: do you believe literally? I get willful moral and intellectual dissonance

Not your authority or place to ask others. Step along.

Unless you can prove religious claims, anyone who claims they believe their religion literally is either lying, or insane. Literally insane.

You are correct on authority. I have none

I can ask anything I want.

You have no authority to tell me to step along.

You must be a Christian.

"Whoever imagines himself a favorite with God,
holds other people in contempt.
Whenever a man believes that he has the exact truth from God,
there is in that man no spirit of compromise.
He has not the modesty born of the imperfections of human nature;
he has the arrogance of theological certainty and the tyranny born of ignorant assurance.
Believing himself to be the slave of God,
he imitates his master,
and of all tyrants,
the worst is a slave in power."
--Robert Ingersoll

Regards
DL

Unless you can prove religious claims, anyone who claims they believe their religion literally is either lying, or insane. Literally insane.

You forget the power of peers and the brainwashing and child abuse of Christian children.

I cut them a bit of slack because of that parental abuse.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNtBkOXItqw]Christ is Back in Christmas! - YouTube[/ame]

Regards
DL

You are correct on authority. I have none I can ask anything I want.
I have every right to tell you to step along, but I have no authority, anymore than you do.

Last edited:
Any thinking person that has not allowed satan to blind them is a believer or a fool!! All creation is proofv of god,what thinking person would need more proof of god ""than all creation""??????

I subscribe to BeforeUs.com. Johnathan Gray is an archaeologist who can't be bothered with what history is SUPPOSED to be, but he actually goes out and investigates.

He found a site just outside Jerusalem proper that's a small mountain that looks like a human skull. At the top of the mountain the area is level; there are a few square holes carved into the top, where a wooden cross might have been raised. Nearby is a tomb that was carved into the rock. There is a 2 foot divot carved immediately in front of the tomb. Nearby is a circular stone 15 feet in diameter and 2 feet thick, clearly weighing at least a ton or more and apparently carved to roll into place in the divot and covering the tomb sealing the occupant inside. On the face of the tomb on either side of where the stone would have rested sealing the occupant inside there are, or were, two metal pegs. The metal pegs have been sheared off flush to the wall.

One explanation is that at one point the stone was fitted perfectly over the opening to the tomb and sealed into place with metal pegs on either side of it. Then, apparently some unbelievable external force was applied to the stone and moved it so it sheared the pegs flush to the wall and freeing whoever was in the tomb that is nearby the hill that looks like a human skull.

Forum List

Back